The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And another thing...... which poor innocent sod is going to take the fall for this, as it won't be the paragons H and M's fault, it will be someone else's naturally!! 🙄
Probably J.R. Moehringer, the ghost writer. They'll say he misquoted or misrepresented Harry even when before the backlash they 100% backed the book.

Reactions: 4
On a lighter note, the 77 pence the Sovereign Grant cost every tax payer per year is an excellent price for this entertainment program

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I don’t get why Westminster would be off limits. I do absolutely get why St. Paul’s would be though. It’s MASSIVE with a smaller guest list (and even W&K wouldn’t have been big enough) it would have looked deserted because spreading people out would have created holes but cramming them up from the front would have created lots of empty space clearly visible on her walk in. C&D got the massive guest list, the massive dress and the massive hype because he was first in line. William already only second and furthermore probably not to call for comparison and the ever itching thorn about what a horrible turn this marriage had. Did H really approach the with the idea of St. Paul’s? I mean he must have known that wouldn’t happen for several reasons?????
A pompous royal wedding is basically a production that’s to entertain the public and let the monarchy shine. The couple is second. That’s why I absolutely understand why M might have felt a private exchange of vows in the backyard was the point they emotionally got married - still think that’s what she meant by her stupid remark. She should have cleared that up instantly instead of leaving it to the AoC.

It seems at the time we get lots of innuendos about how they want things smaller, different than the stiff and dusty royal traditions- not the big pomp, the sweet cottage, no titles for the children….. and it gets tons of positive remarks because they appear modern and fresh. Only to find out later they actually are offended because they wanted the bigger church, more antiques and paintings and titles that weren’t even on the table in the first place at this time. And they actually complain about it and thereby completely destroy the sympathies they got when people believed it was their decision.
I was trying to articulate what you just posted.

He really wants the the world to think he’s a cool dooood whilst having an entitlement level that Henry the VIII would have felt embarrassed of.

I’ve actually softened to Meghan over the last year or so. Mainly because I think she is at least authentic. Navel gazing and social climbing is par for the course amongst actors and influencers.
I think Harry actually hoodwinked her into thinking he was a down to earth, SJW millennial type when he was actually an especially entitled member of the elite.

Reactions: 9
‘Harry has admitted that he and Meghan were offended when William and Kate switched place cards and changed seats at their wedding, the Telegraph reported.

The duke writes that the couple had followed the American tradition of placing couples next to each other but William and Kate insisted spouses sit apart on their table
.’

I have to admit I would find this annoying and I can imagine Kate and William can be a nightmare. Not enough to write a book about losing my virginity in a field behind a pub though.

There's also a very helpful chart of MM wearing a number of outfits that resembled Diana's -- Kate too, but with Meghan it's actual identical pieces like that totally random crossover off-shoulder white top -- like who goes looking for a top that outdated and ugly and for what purpose??
Do you have a link to that, I’d love to see it. Especially the cross over top thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
‘Harry has admitted that he and Meghan were offended when William and Kate switched place cards and changed seats at their wedding, the Telegraph reported.

The duke writes that the couple had followed the American tradition of placing couples next to each other but William and Kate insisted spouses sit apart on their table
.’

I have to admit I would find this annoying and I can imagine Kate and William can be a nightmare. Not enough to write a book about losing my virginity in a field behind a pub though.
I can imagine this would absolutely piss Meghan off, and I can see that they'd do that. I can see that Meghan wanted American style, while W+K see breaking of royal protocol as a risk or something. Meghan's wedding, so you sit how Meghan would like in the private reception of it.

Reactions: 12
I can imagine this would absolutely piss Meghan off, and I can see that they'd do that. I can see that Meghan wanted American style, while W+K see breaking of royal protocol as a risk or something. Meghan's wedding, so you sit how Meghan would like in the private reception of it.
Regardless of Royal protocol, it’s Meghan and Harry’s wedding not Kate and William. Same with the bridesmaids dresses. Saying that the dress had to remade for scratch was a bit much, they could have been tailored.

Reactions: 12
The meal at the wedding is relatively short, William and Kate should have sat where their place cards were, it’s not up to them to decide who sits where. I’m not surprised the bride and groom where a bit pisses off. It’s nothing to do with being royal.

Reactions: 20
I think it’d piss most people off it’s not really necessary is it? However I’m not sure I’d feel the need to include it in a book. I’m sure Harry has some wonderful stories he could share instead it’s got down to switching some place cards and frost bitten willys 🙄

Reactions: 5
The DM have an interview with some Taliban commander calling Harry a big mouth loser who fled back to his grandmother's palace. He said he's mad and should see a doctor right away. If this was a film I'd be saying it jumped the shark but it's real life!
Well I never had agreeing with the Taliban on my 2023 bingo card but here we are.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Regardless of Royal protocol, it’s Meghan and Harry’s wedding not Kate and William. Same with the bridesmaids dresses. Saying that the dress had to remade for scratch was a bit much, they could have been tailored.
It's so petty. It's funny to imagine William and Kate sneaking in to swap the place cards around before the guests arrived. I read that they told Harry afterwards that it was one of the other guests that did it. I just don't understand why they're care that much about it? It's not like it was a state function or that anyone would have known about it.
To be honest, it sounds like none of them have enough to do with themselves if they're going around getting offended by who has the bigger bedroom and where they have to sit at a wedding.

Reactions: 6
The meal at the wedding is relatively short, William and Kate should have sat where their place cards were, it’s not up to them to decide who sits where. I’m not surprised the bride and groom where a bit pisses off. It’s nothing to do with being royal.
This was a state wedding not a private affair. Not getting everything your way comes with having £33m thrown at your event from someone else's coffers. Tough. This is only worth bitching about in an autobiography when one really has no problems.

I think his comments on his time in Afghanistan, (unless the full book provides some serious context) are going to lose him his audience completely.

The Nazis famously used dehumanising vocabulary to talk about Jews and other groups they wanted ‘exterminated’. The Taliban, their beliefs and politics are at odds with most of the western worlds but surely we can still see them as human life and not ‘chess pieces’.
It makes me sick. I've watched enough harrowing documentaries on Afghanistan and the horrors young boys undergo even BEFORE they are recruited into this lifestyle is too much to think about. They would choose differently for themselves if they had any agency over their own lives and not a life of trauma and fighting and dying young. Then to be seen as nothing by this vile prick... To hell with Harry.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's so petty. It's funny to imagine William and Kate sneaking in to swap the place cards around before the guests arrived. I read that they told Harry afterwards that it was one of the other guests that did it. I just don't understand why they're care that much about it? It's not like it was a state function or that anyone would have known about it.
To be honest, it sounds like none of them have enough to do with themselves if they're going around getting offended by who has the bigger bedroom and where they have to sit at a wedding.
They all seem so spoiled. It’s ridiculous how they are behaving and we are still expected to foot the bill.

Reactions: 8
There's also a very helpful chart of MM wearing a number of outfits that resembled Diana's -- Kate too, but with Meghan it's actual identical pieces like that totally random crossover off-shoulder white top -- like who goes looking for a top that outdated and ugly and for what purpose??

*pump
*pump
*pump
"Thank you, Mummy."

Oh for duck's sake! 😂😂😂
Is this book a penis anthology and dossier of crimes against accessories? Necklace, dog bowl, ripped jeans, lipgloss, flower girl dresses, tights, frozen penises, locks of hair and piss-stained sticks ... what the hell is going on???

this one is toooooo obvious

• Haha
Reactions: 5
They all seem so spoiled. It’s ridiculous how they are behaving and we are still expected to foot the bill.
That old saying "Don't let daylight in on the magic" was very prescient.

Strip away the pomp and ceremony and all you're left with is a petty dysfunctional bunch of entitled thickos.

Reactions: 14
Windsor looked absolutely lovely when Harry, Eugenie and Gabriela all got married there the flowers, the steps, the weather everything was wonderful. I think their weddings looked nicer and seemed less stuffy compared to William and Kate's.

Logistics wise I'd imagine Windsor is easier too as it's within the castle estate unlike Paul's or the Abbey. The only disadvantage to Windsor is that only close family and friends were seated in the main chapel whereas the London venues have everyone in one large room. Most of those in the back of Windsor were celebs, not close family, they didn't need a great view I'm sure they would be happy to sit on the floor.

I'd love to know, can Harry think of one positive to being the son of the king? Anyone would think he'd had a worse childhood than Harry Potter, everything is just so awful

Reactions: 8
Such an awful life, awful family...yet he keeps running back to them, wants the titles and wants to recreate that life but in LA and with him as the focus and star.

I'd have so much more respect if they were out there making it on their own. But they're not

Are we going to see Brooklyn Beckham do a massive tell all in 15 years time

Reactions: 10
If there’s one thing I’ve learnt it’s that it’s best just to go with the flow as far as weddings are concerned. I’ve been trussed up in the most hideous Victorian crinoline sateen creation (it was foul and our other friend had a tantrum Meghan could only dream of) and just smiled womanfully, I’ve sat on tables where I’ve known no one else because the idea was to ‘encourage mixing’, I’ve prodded the most hideous food with a fork (and had fish and chips after), looked after kids bouncing with sugar, frozen in a gazebo … all the the mantra of It’s just a day

Reactions: 13
If there’s one thing I’ve learnt it’s that it’s best just to go with the flow as far as weddings are concerned. I’ve been trussed up in the most hideous Victorian crinoline sateen creation (it was foul and our other friend had a tantrum Meghan could only dream of) and just smiled womanfully, I’ve sat on tables where I’ve known no one else because the idea was to ‘encourage mixing’, I’ve prodded the most hideous food with a fork (and had fish and chips after), looked after kids bouncing with sugar, frozen in a gazebo … all the the mantra of It’s just a day
Ugh the 'encourage mixing'idea belongs in hell🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.