The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was a state wedding not a private affair. Not getting everything your way comes with having £33m thrown at your event from someone else's coffers. Tough. This is only worth bitching about in an autobiography when one really has no problems.

It makes me sick. I've watched enough harrowing documentaries on Afghanistan and the horrors young boys undergo even BEFORE they are recruited into this lifestyle is too much to think about. They would choose differently for themselves if they had any agency over their own lives and not a life of trauma and fighting and dying young. Then to be seen as nothing by this vile prick... To hell with Harry.
To be fair, if all the other tables were left as was, then there obviously wasn’t a problem with the seating plan as a whole.

My father-in-law fought in the Burma campaign. He never Spoke of it until towards the end of his life when he eventually found some peace with it … but he did say that the only way he could do what was asked of him was to detach himself from thinking the other side was as human as he was … and it was that which caused him the most distress over the decades.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Molavi Keramudin, a Taliban commander in the central city of Ghor, called for an investigation into the prince, saying: 'It's him claiming that he martyred the Taliban, but it may be civilians too. If England has a system and regulations, they should investigate and see whom he killed.

'He is a so-called prince and should not freely walk after killing civilians. It is not acceptable. He has problems and is just climbing over whatever he can to stop himself and his country falling into sh*t.'

I think Harry should have left all this well alone personally.
Chris Ship posted something about Taliban responding and the comments underneath were astounding. Rounding on Chris Ship for using the Taliban to make Harry look bad!! They missed the point that Harry has poked a sleeping bear and no good will come of it. Things were fragile enough with the Taliban.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I can imagine this would absolutely piss Meghan off, and I can see that they'd do that. I can see that Meghan wanted American style, while W+K see breaking of royal protocol as a risk or something. Meghan's wedding, so you sit how Meghan would like in the private reception of it.
It’s just ironic because Meghan complained repeatedly that no one told her how things were done, no one told her about the protocol, yet when somebody tried to tell that tights should be worn, couples should be seated separately, and “we don’t speak to people like that in this family,” she immediately got offended and said, whatever, I’m American, that’s how we do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It's so petty. It's funny to imagine William and Kate sneaking in to swap the place cards around before the guests arrived. I read that they told Harry afterwards that it was one of the other guests that did it. I just don't understand why they're care that much about it? It's not like it was a state function or that anyone would have known about it.
To be honest, it sounds like none of them have enough to do with themselves if they're going around getting offended by who has the bigger bedroom and where they have to sit at a wedding.
Doesn’t this happen in an episode of Outnumbered where the mum swaps table cards to avoid her annoying sister sitting with them, ironically think episode also ends with a sibling fight, are we sure Harry hasn’t just ripped out noughties comedy programmes. The falling into a dog bowl seems like it’s lifted from a sketch show too.

Reactions: 3
They know that you are a spoilt, immature man, endlessly complaining unnecessarily, married to a spoilt, immature woman, endlessly complaining unnecessarily. And we are all heartily sick of it. All anyone wants is for the pair of you to pull yourselves together, stop making spectacles of yourselves, and make this marriage and your enormously privileged positions in life work.
Never has a line from the crown rung truer... who'd have thought they'd be able to apply it to their son too.

Reactions: 4
It’s just ironic because Meghan complained repeatedly that no one told her how things were done, no one told her about the protocol, yet when somebody tried to tell that tights should be worn, couples should be seated separately, and “we don’t speak to people like that in this family,” she immediately got offended and said, whatever, I’m American, that’s how we do it.
That's also a very good point. I think if William and Kate were advising her about protocol beforehand then fair enough but if they actually went and swapped the place cards then they need to grow up. I could definitely imagine her being offended by any protocol advice that clashed with what she wanted. There's a pattern of Harry and Meghan only wanting to hear 'yes' and taking 'no' as some kind of personal attack. I think, as others have said, it's partly how Harry ended up looking like such an entitled brat in his book. There's nobody left to tell him no or i tell him not to include things in the book because he's either sacked them or cut them out of his life.

Reactions: 10
The meal at the wedding is relatively short, William and Kate should have sat where their place cards were, it’s not up to them to decide who sits where. I’m not surprised the bride and groom where a bit pisses off. It’s nothing to do with being royal.
What I don't get is why Kate and William didn't want to sit on the same table at the wedding, isn't that a bit odd?

Reactions: 1
Sorry if this has been mentioned but Harry using the word ‘mounted’ has me shooketh 😂
Harry is so gross. Honestly, I nearly threw up my lunch reading the bit about him losing his virginity and his uncircumcized penis. He's trying so hard to make himself the hotter brother, but you're not Harold. You never were and you never will be.

I'm not a fan of those "she's dressing like Diana" things - some of them are just an outfit in the same colour, but I always thought this one was very on-the-nose. I even thought it was the same top at one point, from Diana's famous Testino shoot.

View attachment 1860655
You would think she would steer clear of anything that looks this specific to an outfit Diana wore, but when you're married to a man who is obsessed with his mother ... you apparently need to emulate her to keep that $ flowing. It's really sick.

Harry has admitted that he and Meghan were offended when William and Kate switched place cards and changed seats at their wedding, the Telegraph reported.

The duke writes that the couple had followed the American tradition of placing couples next to each other but William and Kate insisted spouses sit apart on their table
.’

I have to admit I would find this annoying and I can imagine Kate and William can be a nightmare. Not enough to write a book about losing my virginity in a field behind a pub though.
Why offended? This is madness. They are literally offended by everything.

Another thing that goes on at weddings around the country. The last wedding I went to people were swapping places left right and centre!

Reactions: 5
What I don't get is why Kate and William didn't want to sit on the same table at the wedding, isn't that a bit odd?
I think what they wanted was for couples to be at the same table but not next to each other.
Is there no top table at royal/English weddings. I thought William would be sitting there with the wedding party.

I think what they wanted was for couples to be at the same table but not next to each other.
Is there no top table at royal/English weddings. I thought William would be sitting there with the wedding party.
If they were going with an American seating plan then they probably had a sweetheart table instead, so the two of them sat on a table of their own.

They are the greatest love story of all time don’t forget.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Why offended? This is madness. They are literally offended by everything.

Another thing that goes on at weddings around the country. The last wedding I went to people were swapping places left right and centre!
If they'd had discussions about it beforehand and H&M insisted on doing it their way and W&K went and swapped the cards anyway then I can see why they're be annoyed.
W&K said it was another guest that did it which is also plausible because people do it at weddings anyway and if this is the way the high society set do the seating plan at weddings then they might have got to the table and seen it wasn't the 'usual' set up and suggested swapping. It's just all so petty that it shows Harry hasn't got loads of big grievances to air.
Are the papers going through the book chronologically and stretching out the articles? We haven't heard anything about Archie's birth or America yet.

Reactions: 10
This was a state wedding not a private affair. Not getting everything your way comes with having £33m thrown at your event from someone else's coffers. Tough. This is only worth bitching about in an autobiography when one really has no problems.

It makes me sick. I've watched enough harrowing documentaries on Afghanistan and the horrors young boys undergo even BEFORE they are recruited into this lifestyle is too much to think about. They would choose differently for themselves if they had any agency over their own lives and not a life of trauma and fighting and dying young. Then to be seen as nothing by this vile prick... To hell with Harry.
It wasn't a state wedding.

Reactions: 4
I love that the papers are dishing on this stupid book. I get to hear the foolery and watch Harry and Meghan buries themselves even more while not putting $ into Penguin's pocket. I cannot believe Harry has sold out this badly. Exposing private matters, that all families deal with, in such a public way is so incredibly lame. Even sinking so low to say that Charlotte cried when she tried on her bridesmaid dress. She is a child, likely with more maturity than Harold and Meghan combined, but she is still a child.

PS - The first thing I noticed from that wedding was how ill-fitting the children's outfits were and thought "With all that $, those dresses aren't perfect?!" and then Meghan got out of the car and I said "With all that $, the designer didn't realize she'd be sitting in a car on the way there, sitting for an hour+ in the church and the cut and material needed to not wrinkle?!". Let's not even talk about the person who did Meghan's hair that day. This was a major event and it looked sloppy likely because of a controlling bridezilla and a groom with literally zero self esteem.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.