The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continue here, loyal subjects!
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

We were late talking about how much the Royal ladies wardrobes cost.

Also, to reply to a previous message from yesterday (sorry I missed it, have a terrible cold at the moment). I said that I wasn’t sure why the DM was fawning over Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark as she has a bit of a reputation and a few people asked why.
I didn't know this, what sort of reputation?
It’s been a awhile since I followed gossip about Mary and other European royals but from what I can remember these a few highlights:
She’s seen as vain and narcissistic, just parades in expensive clothes and has had lots of beauty treatments (fillers etc).

Fred allegedly has substance abuse issues and people don’t think he’s fit to rule. He’s seen as being dirty, unkempt etc, not this swooning fairytale that the media have made their marriage out to be. Why do the media and Royal households insist on this modern fairytale narrative? We had it with Diana and Charles, Kate and Wills, Meghan and Harry. It’s like they know it’s a load of tosh so peddle this fantasy.

She’s known as MeDiana as she has a habit of centring herself. An example being there was a video of a group of Danish royals watching something, she was at the front but she adjusted her hat and moved off to the side away from the group so the cameras all focused on her.

There was a part at her wedding where they were just standing around for a few seconds and it looked awkward and it was because Mary was waiting for her bouquet - she looked kinda pissed whereas Fred was all smiles.

I also think some of this a class issue - they refer to her and her background as bogan which I think is lower class or chav territory? Could be wrong.

What else can I remember. Hmm, I think there was reports that she went on holiday with her family and bought along her life coach.

A big gripe is that doesn’t seem to know a lot about Danish culture, food, history, etc. When she travels abroad to promote Danish culture she gives very broad and bland answers to questions.

That’s all I can remember for now. If anything else comes back to me I’ll add it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Diana frequently rewore clothes and often had gowns cleverly altered to freshen up the look. I’m genuinely baffled by the huge allowances for Beatrice & Eugenie. They hardly do any duties unless you count the very odd charity appearance, things like Ascot and a couple of Jubilee appearances.

Reactions: 8
Diana frequently rewore clothes and often had gowns cleverly altered to freshen up the look. I’m genuinely baffled by the huge allowances for Beatrice & Eugenie. They hardly do any duties unless you count the very odd charity appearance, things like Ascot and a couple of Jubilee appearances.
But is there actually an allowance for those two? I still miss the source to this.

I don’t think there is any reason why the first year wardrobe should be justified in being more expensive. They all haven’t repeated that much from their first year. At least K is or was a serial repeater with her shoes (so much people started complaining why she wouldn’t wear different ones). Also her more outdoor based outfits are often repeats. But from my POV they all add pieces to their wardrobes that are basically identical to stuff they already have. They can afford tailoring so as long as they don’t add or drop huge amounts of weight they could continue to use the pieces. In Kate’s case we know she still fits into the same stuff. Of course there are events that call for a VERY expensive number that will never be worn again. But those are very far and few in between. I can live with them spending very different amounts of money than me on clothing (and basically everything thing else), but I have a big problem with certain patterns. For Kate it’s the complete overhaul of her wardrobe every 5(?) years. Furthermore, buying the same piece in several colours or pieces so similar that you don’t even notice the difference. If she were smart, she would so 70% repeats to 30% new for the next 2 years. And then settle at 50/50. Still a lot of new stuff and expensive but more balanced if you look at it. I am talking about work clothes here. From the few private snaps we have seen, she seems to be wearing rather casual stuff and hasn’t changed her private style much. So it looks as if she is having a more normal approach in that area of her life.

Reactions: 6
No surprise that for 2020, Princess Charlene’s wardrobe was the most expensive. Those Monégasque love luxury! On average she spent £94,062.67. After her it was Kate with an average spend of £76,830.57, Sophie Wessex with £21,613.59, Eug spent £6,703.95 that year and Beatrice spent £4,137.69.

In 2021 it’s slightly different with Kate spending on average £90,922.46, Sophie Wessex spending £40,585.67, Eug spending £22,386.12 and Beatrice spending £11,965.28. Princess Charlene of Monaco ‘only’ spent £17,611.47.

information found here:https://ufonomore.com/blog/2021/how-much-is-it-all-worth and https://ufonomore.com/blog/2020/how-much-is-it-all-worth

Edited to add: as Beatrice and Eugenie aren’t working royals their wardrobe isn’t funded by the taxpayer. They have jobs and several trust funds and potentially inheritance from their grandparents.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Is the money spent on clothes their own private wealth or taxpayers money? (Not British so not completely in the know on the difference!)

Reactions: 1
But is there actually an allowance for those two? I still miss the source to this.

I don’t think there is any reason why the first year wardrobe should be justified in being more expensive. They all haven’t repeated that much from their first year. At least K is or was a serial repeater with her shoes (so much people started complaining why she wouldn’t wear different ones). Also her more outdoor based outfits are often repeats. But from my POV they all add pieces to their wardrobes that are basically identical to stuff they already have. They can afford tailoring so as long as they don’t add or drop huge amounts of weight they could continue to use the pieces. In Kate’s case we know she still fits into the same stuff. Of course there are events that call for a VERY expensive number that will never be worn again. But those are very far and few in between. I can live with them spending very different amounts of money than me on clothing (and basically everything thing else), but I have a big problem with certain patterns. For Kate it’s the complete overhaul of her wardrobe every 5(?) years. Furthermore, buying the same piece in several colours or pieces so similar that you don’t even notice the difference. If she were smart, she would so 70% repeats to 30% new for the next 2 years. And then settle at 50/50. Still a lot of new stuff and expensive but more balanced if you look at it. I am talking about work clothes here. From the few private snaps we have seen, she seems to be wearing rather casual stuff and hasn’t changed her private style much. So it looks as if she is having a more normal approach in that area of her life.
Are the papers just adding up the cost of the items that Beatrice and Eugenie haven been seen wearing without having any info on who's paying for it? I doubt Charles was buying their clothes. Whoever's paying for it, they've spent massive amounts of money considering they're not even seen in public that often. Beatrice spent more than the Queen of Spain in 2018! Jewellery seems to be included as well and that should be a separate category imo. They shouldn't need much jewellery either - they've got vaults of it already.

Reactions: 4
They are not working royals so they don’t get any taxpayer funded money. They have a job, Queen Mother’s trust fund and their parents divorce set up a trust fund for them. They might also benefit from money from Philip and the Queen but since the wills are sealed we don’t know.

Reactions: 1
Is the money spent on clothes their own private wealth or taxpayers money? (Not British so not completely in the know on the difference!)
when he was PoW, Charles paid for the working wardrobe of Camilla, Kate and later Meghan out of the coffers of the the Duchy of Cornwall.

You’d like to think that now William is PoW/Duke of Cornwall he’ll now pick up the tab for Kate.

Reactions: 5
when he was PoW, Charles paid for the working wardrobe of Camilla, Kate and later Meghan out of the coffers of the the Duchy of Cornwall.

You’d like to think that now William is PoW/Duke of Cornwall he’ll now pick up the tab for Kate.
Ah ok thank you.

Reactions: 2
They wouldn’t need to be listed if they were bought with private funds, surely?
Do you mean from the website I quoted?
Because if so it’s just royal watchers tallying up what they see and then looking back and seeing if it’s a repeat, etc. I don’t think any royal family member has the price of their wardrobe listed officially.

Reactions: 6
They don’t need to be listed? It’s just for comparison/gossip and an estimated price tag anyway. It’s not an official list to see what the Sovereign Grant bought. I am also not entirely sure you could call it tax money if it’s out of the Duchies Lancaster or Cornwall. One is basically a tax return the other a business. That’s a bit different than tax funded police protection. I mean, I get the pov in questioning how much of their wealth and such comes through unfair privileges and what this entails but it’s not as if those Duchies would be what they are without their history and their money never really was money from the public.

Reactions: 4
Phew, that’s a relief! Here I was raging about B&E’s fugly costumes coming from my hard-earned taxes! 🤣

(I’m v v anti-York branch!)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
They
They certainly aren't bought with sovereign grant costs which only fund travel and security and arrangements for Royal visits etc. The Princess of Wales may well have bought the dresses herself, she has sizeable private funds

• Haha
Reactions: 3
They

They certainly aren't bought with sovereign grant costs which only fund travel and security and arrangements for Royal visits etc. The Princess of Wales may well have bought the dresses herself, she has sizeable private funds
TYL when the world has lost its reason, there you are are😍

They

Or, as is well documented, Charles could have paid for them.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.