The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think in his head Meghan is becoming more and more like his mum. It’s all very odd behaviour.
Do you think she secretly finds all this weird and disturbing or do you think she is getting pleasure from it?

I truly can't work out if she is deluded and believes she is the second coming of Diana, whether she just goes along with everything Harry says because she needs him/his title/family connections and finds it odd, or if she actually just hates him at this stage and is just slowly setting everything up for a divorce so she can dine out on the fallout for years to come

Reactions: 3
I don’t think W is even super friendly with Camilla. But they found a way to be amicable enough around each other. Which all adults should. Same for K and M. The idea that those two should have become besties was ludicrous. Being amicable should have been enough. After all, both women had their own circle of friends.
All they need is a working relationship and photos at Christmas where they aren't pulling each other’s hair out.

Reactions: 5
Do you think she secretly finds all this weird and disturbing or do you think she is getting pleasure from it?

I truly can't work out if she is deluded and believes she is the second coming of Diana, whether she just goes along with everything Harry says because she needs him/his title/family connections and finds it odd, or if she actually just hates him at this stage and is just slowly setting everything up for a divorce so she can dine out on the fallout for years to come
Her own family circumstances are less than normal as well. The only one she has in her life is her mum.

Reactions: 2
All they need is a working relationship and photos at Christmas where they aren't pulling each other’s hair out.
Which isn't that what a lot of us do with step parents? The main thing you have in common is your biological parent so you keep peace for their sake.

Reactions: 4
Her own family circumstances are less than normal as well. The only one she has in her life is her mum.
Those kids (yes, I believe they exist) ostracised from both sides of their family through no fault of their own. What happens is something happens one or both of their parents?

Reactions: 6
Worries me what type of people he has around him that no one has stepped in and saved him from himself with this book. He’s an absolute tit but he isn’t evil and I doubt his mental health can handle the fallout from this.
I don’t think he has any left That would disagree with him. I imagine the paid ones have been ‘let go’ and the unpaid ones have thrown their hands up in despair a long time ago.

I think we’ve basically arrived at Folie à Deux.

Reactions: 1
Worries me what type of people he has around him that no one has stepped in and saved him from himself with this book. He’s an absolute tit but he isn’t evil and I doubt his mental health can handle the fallout from this.
He is very isolated now. He has left his lifelong friends, his family and yes even his courtiers. Now he has Meghan, their employed staff (which has a high turnover) and his new 'hollywood' friends and we all know how shallow and fickle Hollywood is.

The Sussexs have gone through a lot of staff (about 14) which isn't a great sign, and none of the staff will have a relationship with him of any depth or really care.

Reactions: 4
I agree with this, and if we are taking a somewhat more, idk, compassionate point of view, I think that he has had huge destabilizing changes in the last few years— clearly his marriage and Meghan’s struggles brought up a bunch of trauma w/r/t his childhood and the way he sees his mother, and then I think leaving TRF was a bigger deal for him than people even assumed. Not in the sense that his life was better in the institution, because I think he probably would be happier away from it. But the way it all happened has clearly sent him spiralling.

If you think of it, Harry is kind of like a child star. Famous from birth but in a super weird way. And we know how difficult it is for child star to grow up even somewhat well adjusted. No child or teen should be made to care and perform for public opinion, because it forever warps their mindset. I think Harry wanted to be someone that could quit and choose his own life, and I hope for him that he does and he gets there, but I feel like we are learning that he has been shaped far more by the obsession with media coverage and everything.

For all his talk about how much TRF cares about the tabloids (and I agree that the relationship between the two is ridiculous), Harry cares WAAAY too much about public opinion. I’m not one who thinks that Meghan is somehow always to blame for it all, but Meghan herself also definitely cares about validation and her public image. No one in that partnership is saying ‘honestly, who cares’. Both of them are obsessed with thinking they can correct the record. And really they just keep giving more fodder.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I genuinely want to know what poor PR team is currently pulling their hair out over this. Like, who's having the worst day here - the PR for the royals, the PR for Harry & Meghan, the PR for Penguin Random House, or the poor sods who've lined up interviews and lost their story leads to the early release?
And which poor intern is dealing with all the penis queries?!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I genuinely want to know what poor PR team is currently pulling their hair out over this. Like, who's having the worst day here - the PR for the royals, the PR for Harry & Meghan, the PR for Penguin Random House, or the poor sods who've lined up interviews and lost their story leads to the early release?
I’ve got no sympathy for Penguin. They must have read the blessed thing and approved it. A blind man and his deaf dog would have recognised the many, many prat falls enclosed within.

Reactions: 11
I think they've been told to take the day off. They were probably on standby waiting to fire fight then realise it's such a load a shite and nonsense that they're leaving them to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I can imagine the 3 interviewers feeling very pissed off this morning as most things will have been eclipsed by the time they air. The risk they take I suppose, but it must grate nonetheless

Reactions: 3
Not sure about this one, but there's an old rumour about her seeking out and wearing something similar to Diana's favourite perfume on their first date. If there's any truth in that, I would say she's happily enabled it all.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I'm genuinely worried there's going to be some revelation he finds old pictures of Diana hot or sexy. So many things from the book are unnerving and seems to be building up to some weird fetish he has for her. The Oedipus complex is making me so bleeping uncomfortable. The fact that Meghan hypes it up too so disgusting. How can they have sleep and shag in a bed next to his dead mother's hair?! That is so fucked.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Not sure about this one, but there's an old rumour about her seeking out and wearing Diana's favourite perfume on their first date. If there's any truth in that, I would say she's happily enabled it all.
& the weirdness of wanting to spend time alone with Diana’s grave and touching the stone to ask for her guidance. Harry has still never even met her very much alive father that had been a big part of her life before the wedding but she’s wanting time alone with his mums grave🥴

• Sick
Reactions: 18
I wonder when the royals next have scheduled appearances and how they will handle the inevitable attempts to question them about this.

It's Carherine's birthday next week so must be something in the pipeline

I wonder when the royals next have scheduled appearances and how they will handle the inevitable attempts to question them about this.

It's Carherine's birthday next week so must be something in the pipeline
They’ll just walk past any journalists asking questions like they did over Oprah.

My sweet natured husband, who always sees the good in people and will always try and make me understand their point of view, finally lost his tit today 😂.

I feel so deeply vindicated I bought an expensive bottle of wine to celebrate 🎉

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm genuinely worried there's going to be some revelation he finds old pictures of Diana hot or sexy. So many things from the book are unnerving and seems to be building up to some weird fetish he has for her. The Oedipus complex is making me so bleeping uncomfortable. The fact that Meghan hypes it up too so disgusting. How can they have sleep and shag in a bed next to his dead mother's hair?! That is so fucked.
That’s the bit that gave me the ick.
I can understand why he’d want to keep a lock of his mum‘s hair, but leave the box on a bookcase or a shelf or the sitting room mantlepiece just NOT next to the marital bed! 🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.