The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never defended it. I am addressing the false equivalencies that occur in debtaing here. It is obvious why 2018 was brought up seeing that Meghan topped the list, my question is what does a non-Royal's spending 4 years ago have to do with a senior Royal's spending now? It's clear deflection.

For what it's worth, I find ALL these clothes budgets atrocious. I will NEVER understand anyone spending thousands on clothes...it feels wasteful and excessive.
I didn't see it as deflection. It's a list of clothing budgets from 2018 including loads of royal women. Nobody was saying but what about Meghan in response to the original post about Kate's clothing budget. The discussion just turned after.

Reactions: 2
How did we come to the idea that E&B get a clothing allowance via the Duchy of Lancaster? I doubt Charles paid out of the Duchy of Cornwall, as he did for W,K,H&M. So it would have been the Queen and no him. Granny might have paid for their wedding dresses though. I mean, those woman are loaded. I guess Edo and their private investments can easily support their spending habits.

Reactions: 4
I think a first year in the Job clothing budget is always going to be more because of the need to start a wardrobe from virtual scratch. Coats, hats, shoes, accessories, day wear, evening wear, formal wear … it soon racks up.

I think a first year in the Job clothing budget is always going to be more because of the need to start a wardrobe from virtual scratch. Coats, hats, shoes, accessories, day wear, evening wear, formal wear … it soon racks up.
her 2019 wardrobe was £211,000 apparently. At least it was halved!

Wasted money then, seeing as she only did 70 odd engagements the whole time she was here. Nearly half a million though.....jeez!

How did we come to the idea that E&B get a clothing allowance via the Duchy of Lancaster? I doubt Charles paid out of the Duchy of Cornwall, as he did for W,K,H&M. So it would have been the Queen and no him. Granny might have paid for their wedding dresses though. I mean, those woman are loaded. I guess Edo and their private investments can easily support their spending habits.
I wouldn’t have paid for that coat of Eugenie’s in used washers!

I wonder if there is some sort of allowance for official functions?

• Heart
Why are they depending so much on clothing per year? What happens to the clothes afterwards? Kate wearing one rented dress for Earthshot and making a big deal about it. Why aren't all their clothes rented if they are only used once?

Reactions: 11
Regardless of who spent more, the costs are disgusting. Even the bottom end figures. No excuses.

Reactions: 8
Why are they depending so much on clothing per year? What happens to the clothes afterwards? Kate wearing one rented dress for Earthshot and making a big deal about it. Why aren't all their clothes rented if they are only used once?
Especially when she wore so many new outfits on that tour. If she had worn recycled or sustainable clothes for the whole tour that would have been a lot more impressive. She does rewear outfits to be fair but not enough.
I get that their wardrobe budgets are going to be many multiples of us normal people but the amounts are mad. I'd love to know what Brigitte Macron or Jill Biden etc have spent for comparison.

Reactions: 5
Especially when she wore so many new outfits on that tour. If she had worn recycled or sustainable clothes for the whole tour that would have been a lot more impressive. She does rewear outfits to be fair but not enough.
What I don’t understand is why wearing an outfit more than once if you’re a member of the RF is seen as recycling rather than just getting dressed. This wearing something new all the time is just an expensive version of throw away fashion which I hate too.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
What I don’t understand is why wearing an outfit more than once if you’re a member of the RF is seen as recycling rather than just getting dressed. This wearing something new all the time is just an expensive version of throw away fashion which I hate too.
The fashion industry is an environmental disaster, from synthetic materials to water used in cotton production to lack of recycling for materials to throwaway fashion. I know Charles has campaigned to use more wool, which is a sustainable, natural material, but the Royals really need to step up on their throwaway clothing front, and make a point of wearing fewer clothes more often, recycling renting clothes more often etc. It's all very well The Late Queen berating world leaders for talking but not doing anything about environmental issues, but her family are just as bad. Maybe she shouldn't have bought her grandson a helicopter or her son a range rover to drive around Windsor all day.

Reactions: 10
The fashion industry is an environmental disaster, from synthetic materials to water used in cotton production to lack of recycling for materials to throwaway fashion. I know Charles has campaigned to use more wool, which is a sustainable, natural material, but the Royals really need to step up on their throwaway clothing front, and make a point of wearing fewer clothes more often, recycling renting clothes more often etc. It's all very well The Late Queen berating world leaders for talking but not doing anything about environmental issues, but her family are just as bad. Maybe she shouldn't have bought her grandson a helicopter or her son a range rover to drive around Windsor all day.
Cotton production for jeans has a terrible environmental impact and it uses land that could be used for food production. Apparently a lot of fast fashion brands just bin clothes that have been bought online and returned now as well. Cheaper than dealing with them properly.
When Kate first married and started rewearing outfits the press made a massive deal about it. Was it not the done thing beforehand? I know Anne rewears clothes but what about the Queen or Diana?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.