The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a fan, but with how long the plastic notes are supposed to last shouldn't it take decades before the queen's ones disappear?

View attachment 1820268
Charles going down the Use The Portrait In The Attic route for the picture then?
knocked a good few years off :D
is it me or do the eyes follow you round 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Those ratings really are shocking. You can see how easily they could be outshined with a work ethic that low.

They are shocking. I read somewhere that Meghan did 72 engagements on her 2-week Oceania tour - the very fact that she was out and about more meant more attention would've been given to her. Nothing to do with her star power or doing the job better than anyone, just her obvious visibility.

What makes the poor numbers even worse is that they include absolutely ABSURD events such as:
  • Zoom or telephone calls. Richard Palmer (royal correspondent for the Express so not even someone who is particularly critical of the royals) said on his Twitter that some of their engagements were '10 minute phone calls'
  • Airport departures and arrivals for foreign tours. Sophie's departure at Heathrow and arrival at Dulles International were considered 2 separate engagements. The same applied to K&W's transatlantic flights
  • The walk to the church on Christmas day. I'm not British but it seems like lots of Brits go for walks on Christmas day and I am certain no gets compensated for it
  • Funeral events for their own grandmother. The entire process was so involved that I wouldn't doubt this added an extra 10 'engagements' to each person's tally
  • Fun events - sports matches, movie premieres, scuba diving, Christmas lunches and parties - basically the sort of thing people do or pay good money to do on vacation
The following engagement shows up multiple times on the Court Circular for Kate. By now, you'd really have expected something more concrete to have come of this initiative seeing that she held 16 meetings this year alone.

"The Princess of Wales, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Prince and Princess of Wales, this evening held an Early Years Meeting."

• Wow
Reactions: 10
They are shocking. I read somewhere that Meghan did 72 engagements on her 2-week Oceania tour
I think that's comparing apples and oranges as it's a bit unknown what actually counts as an engagement for each total.

The royal calendar thing on their site always looks empty as most things aren't listed there.

Hard to know what the truth is.

There's a lot of planning, logistics and expense (security etc) involved for the public events on the calendar. So that does limit the number they can do.

Reactions: 6
I think if they go on a tour anywhere then they are doing 4, 5, 6 or more engagements a day so you’d have to compare a Catherine tour with that number for it to be a fair comparison

Reactions: 3
I think that's comparing apples and oranges as it's a bit unknown what actually counts as an engagement for each total.
I agree that it's all sort of fluff that artificially inflates their figures but I suppose my point was that K&W did an overseas royal tour as well this year and even that didn't do much for their overall tally. You'd think a 2-week Caribbean tour would add at least 50 engagements each.

Reactions: 1
I agree that it's all sort of fluff that artificially inflates their figures but I suppose my point was that K&W did an overseas royal tour as well this year and even that didn't do much for their overall tally. You'd think a 2-week Caribbean tour would add at least 50 engagements each.
Yeah I guess it depends on how creative they are with deciding what counts as an engagement 🤷‍♀️.

From a Google I think the 72 figure for Meghan is her total days in the two years of service in the royal family, not the engagements in a 2 week tour.
Screenshot_20221220_155441.jpg

Yeah I guess it depends on how creative they are with deciding what counts as an engagement 🤷‍♀️.

From a Google I think the 72 figure for Meghan is her total engagements in the two years of service in the royal family, not the engagements in a 2 week tour.
I think it was 72 days of royal duties vs. 76 engagements (which can be short events) on the Oceania tour (at least acc to the site linked). 🤷‍♀️

"The Sussexes completed 76 engagements over 16 days in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Tonga to a rockstar reception, including a morning on Bondi Beach raising awareness for youth mental health and an iconic visit to drought-ridden Dubbo."

I can’t believe how many people are defending Kate (on the DM) by saying she’s a mother of 3 so it’s expected that she’s done so few engagements. What absolute tosh!

Reactions: 18
The mother of three excuse is ridiculous. She's got a house full of staff and an 'engagement' can be a call over Zoom. It's a really poor show and Charles needs to get on top of it

Reactions: 16
If he has said poisonous things about camilla, it's hardly surprising, how many people would be happy with their dad marrying the woman who's affair caused his mum such pain.

I think Charles was delusional in thinking this was not going to happen when they married 20 years back, he really should've invested in therapy for the boys when their mother died as I believe Harry wouldn't be the troubled man he is today (with or without meghan) if Charles and the Queen had invested in the royal family as more than just a business but a collective of individuals with feelings and emotions, with some being able to handle the media scrutiny and others who cannot.
C and C's affair may have caused Diana so much pain but Diana also cheated with multiple men and so caused other women to feel that same pain.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I can’t believe how many people are defending Kate (on the DM) by saying she’s a mother of 3 so it’s expected that she’s done so few engagements. What absolute tosh!
Helen Glover the Olympic rower trained for the Olympics despite being a mother of 3 and am pretty sure she didn't have the help of Kate plus all her kids were younger. Lots of normal people do it too. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 12
I do think it's hard to compare just the numbers as different events may be far more work.

Sophie does 1/3rd more than Kate but they're probably lower profile and less effort?

Anne does over twice what Kate does and she's always called really hard working, so I think the 3 young children might be relevant there.

Impossible to tell.

Charles arriving for their family Christmas lunch and get together at Windsor.
I think he looks dreadful. 😕

45CE5CDA-303D-4318-85B2-976588D52EFF.jpeg

• Sad
I thought the intention was to put the sweaty ponce quietly out of the way and slim down the monarchy - and the cost.
If this is accurate, then the optics are again dreadful.
Ya looks desperate and just invites comparisons with Harry's situation. He def shouldn't be getting official security because he doesn't work for the RF. Does he have no money at all of his own? He doesn't seem to be able to pay for anything. You'd think he'd have some money left to him by his mother or grandmother or someone. William and Harry have inheritances from the Queen mother. Where's his gone?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.