The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seriously ... a man in his 30's who was in the army for 10 years and did a couple of tours in Afghanistan found his brother shouting 'terrifying'.

I think that is a genuine reaction. I grew up in a home full of domestic violence but what scared me the most was the shouting, screaming & yelling. Honestly, I’d rather someone laid in to me than yelled at me. It intimidates me and I’ve been known to cry. I’m quite a strong minded and strong willed person to. Weird, I know. I just can’t hack it!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'd love to know what someone like her and Will do at home during the day when the kids are at school.

Think she just gets Pippa to come round? Maybe hits the gym in their house? Can't imagine she has paperwork or admin to do for the job, doesn't need to cook.
No, they're so normal. They do their laundry, housekeeping, she cooks and bakes, so on, so forth, they're SO busy! They can't work! They have young kids!

I'd be freaking grateful for that kind of lifestyle and help and want to pay it forward a dozen times over by modeling myself after Anne...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'd love to know what someone like her and Will do at home during the day when the kids are at school.

Think she just gets Pippa to come round? Maybe hits the gym in their house? Can't imagine she has paperwork or admin to do for the job, doesn't need to cook.
I'm guessing all those clothes don't fit themselves. Plus hairdressing appointments etc. That's probably why Anne appears to turn up to the most engagements, she doesn't appear to give a sh1t and still looks great!

Reactions: 12
I'm guessing all those clothes don't fit themselves. Plus hairdressing appointments etc. That's probably why Anne appears to turn up to the most engagements, she doesn't appear to give a sh1t and still looks great!
I have no idea what they would do. Maybe if they did a bit more, or at least something a bit more meaningful they wouldn't have time for petty jealousies and rivalries between themselves, leaking stories to the press, setting up pr stunts etc. I suspect for Kate it's shopping and the gym. William, I have no idea!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Some of the Royals are good at building many engagements in to one day. I remember HM Queen Elizabeth visiting Manchester with Prince Phillip in the 1980's and each of them being credited with six by the court circular. They stayed about 15 minutes at each one.
I was covering it for my school newspaper.

Reactions: 7
I'd love to see the full list of events. It's embarrassing for her if it's mostly sports events and royal tours. She really will have to step it up. I don't mind if she doesn't like public speaking but there's nothing stopping her just visiting charities and drawing attention to them. I think she's good at meeting the public so why doesn't she just do more of those types of engagements.
It would take a journalist about an hour to go through the court circular and do a breakdown of events for William and Kate, especially as so many of them are joint. I bet hardly any press will mention it though, let alone do an article about it looking into what they do. It will all be about how Kate cooks dinner and does the school run herself, like most women, who also manage to have jobs. And no mention of William, who hardly covers himself in glory here either.

Reactions: 11
not on actual trends, it’s all World Cup. That’ll just be your for you which is based on what you view, so if you view and follow a lot of royal tweets and accounts you’ll get it. I always get #princeharryisatraitor or #meghanisaliar
“Clarkson” is on the actual worldwide trends list
He’s referencing the Game of Thrones ‘Shame’ scene. I reckon it’s his clumsy way of saying she should be ashamed of herself but it didn’t come across that way and has played to their narrative.🤷🏻‍♀️

Kate has 3 children under 10! If she did 200 engagements a year people would say the nanny was raising the kids. She can’t win either way.

I thought it was David Tennant!😂
200 engagements is one a day, five days a week for ten months of the year. Considering some engagements are just phone calls or half hour visits, I’d still consider that a light workload. Most mothers work more than that - in fact all mothers do when you realise that they have chores and tasks at home that Kate doesn’t have.

They all need to up their games, it’s ridiculously lazy. But especially William and Kate, they’re the only ones below retirement age.

Reactions: 17
I don’t think W would have a problem with K outworking or outshining him. He is not his father. The public is already way more interested in her. Has always been. I think he is more sensible and rational on such matters. I can even see him being relieved, because if she takes the spotlight he has it easier to get away with stuff. She is a massive asset for him.
I also don’t think there is any chance of Kate outworking Camilla. I am not suggesting they should start working similar numbers as Anne or Charles. Those numbers (and the way they are counted) are a thing of the past. BUT they should both come in at around 150/180 engagements each. And settle on 200/250 as K&Q. If they would concentrate on the UK (no quick trip over the pond or tours) there is still the possibility of one picking up the children. I don’t think anyone would write it up as neglecting the children.
And while her public speaking isn’t great, she has improved. I don’t mind her not being great at it, as long as she still does it as it’s part of the job. We all have things at work we are not good at. We get better and that’s enough. But we still need to do it. She does it, the speeches are well written (by whoever) and nowadays you can understand what she is saying. She is very obviously nervous and uncomfortable but that’s not a problem per se.
W&K were lucky that the press needed them to write up H&M as massive failure. But instead of taking the breather and re-organise to be prepared when the tide turns again they just laid back. They could have upped their game in terms of impact and focus over the last 6 years only to come out full force the second Louis started nursery/school. Or at least be highly visible to smile away whatever H&M are throwing at them. A little bit of showing the stiff upper lip, turn up and smile would be appreciated.

Reactions: 11
I don’t think W would have a problem with K outworking or outshining him. He is not his father.
I thought Harry was heavily hinting in the doc that William wasn’t happy about Meghan outshining him when he was the one “born to do it”.

Also interesting that Tom Bradbury is still going to do the Spare interview. I thought they seemed unhappy with what Meghan said making the documentary, like they didn’t think it would and that would be off the record. Or were they…?

Reactions: 4
I thought Harry was heavily hinting in the doc that William wasn’t happy about Meghan outshining him when he was the one “born to do it”.

Also interesting that Tom Bradbury is still going to do the Spare interview. I thought they seemed unhappy with what Meghan said making the documentary, like they didn’t think it would and that would be off the record. Or were they…?
Oh I have no doubt that W&K don’t like H&M outshining them. Just that they as a team don’t have a problem with each other.

And I agree about Tom Bradbury. Because in the leas up and aftermath of the SA documentary it sounded as if they chose him personally and wanted him to tell about their struggles. It didn’t go down well to „just survive instead of thriving“ in front of a backdrop where sometimes survival is all that counts. And in their Netflix content, it now sounded as if they had no say about the SA filming and were surprised at what TB made of it. No word on choosing him. If you think about it, it’s like Finding Freedom part II. The book was heavily promoted as their story from their mouths told by an confidant if not almost friend and they never made a statement it wasn’t. And when it came out and was painstakingly bad fanfic and ridiculed, suddenly they had NOTHING to do with it.

Reactions: 9
Kate doesn’t really even need to be doing walk abouts or collecting posies. She could approach plenty more charities to be on their board/ volunteer. Some of them could even be local to her to work around the kids. We don’t need to see the full dressed up, meet and greet- just an Instagram post of her making teas and coffees at the nursing home carol concert, walking a couple of dogs from the local dog shelter, painting a room of a new home for a DV victim etc. Maybe even a project encouraging others to volunteer.

She was being filmed when talking to him. If she didn't think there was a chance it could be aired then she's either incredibly naive or she's rewriting history to make herself look better. I'm going for option 2. I think there's a pattern of Harry's and Meghan's attempts to make themselves look better backfiring and then them trying to distance themselves from them. They've already said the Netflix documentary is through someone else's lens or something like that. Harry even said something in the documentary that they thought Oprah would be the start of a transition but it turned into a beating.
When Meghan and Harry got married they really did outshine William and Kate for a while. I don't think it's that she was better at doing the job - W&K are good at meeting the public too. I think it's that she was willing to do more of it so she was in the papers more often. W&K had been getting criticised for being lazy for ages before Meghan came along and she highlighted it even more. I could imagine William asking her and Harry to do a bit less but I have my doubts about him actually briefing against them.
I think W&K were right to do a bit less initially. They'll be doing the job until they die and their busiest years will be when William becomes king. When their kids were young I think they were right to be at home with them. The RF would benefit from the future heir (George) having a stable upbringing and family life. The kids are all in school now though and William is now the next in line so it's time to really pull the finger out. They can't just keep turning up to sports events and building up numbers that way and Kate really needs to do something better than early years.

Kate doesn’t really even need to be doing walk abouts or collecting posies. She could approach plenty more charities to be on their board/ volunteer. Some of them could even be local to her to work around the kids. We don’t need to see the full dressed up, meet and greet- just an Instagram post of her making teas and coffees at the nursing home carol concert, walking a couple of dogs from the local dog shelter, painting a room of a new home for a DV victim etc. Maybe even a project encouraging others to volunteer.
All of this would be so easy for her to do. She could just pick a couple of charities and get really involved with them long-term. Or she could pick a different charity every month to highlight on her Instagram and spend the month (or a few days out of it) working with that charity. The charities are there already. She doesn't need to reinvent the wheel like they're doing with early years just get involved with something that's already there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
She was being filmed when talking to him. If she didn't think there was a chance it could be aired then she's either incredibly naive or she's rewriting history to make herself look better. I'm going for option 2. I think there's a pattern of Harry's and Meghan's attempts to make themselves look better backfiring and then them trying to distance themselves from them. They've already said the Netflix documentary is through someone else's lens or something like that. Harry even said something in the documentary that they thought Oprah would be the start of a transition but it turned into a beating.
When Meghan and Harry got married they really did outshine William and Kate for a while. I don't think it's that she was better at doing the job - W&K are good at meeting the public too. I think it's that she was willing to do more of it so she was in the papers more often. W&K had been getting criticised for being lazy for ages before Meghan came along and she highlighted it even more. I could imagine William asking her and Harry to do a bit less but I have my doubts about him actually briefing against them.
I think W&K were right to do a bit less initially. They'll be doing the job until they die and their busiest years will be when William becomes king. When their kids were young I think they were right to be at home with them. The RF would benefit from the future heir (George) having a stable upbringing and family life. The kids are all in school now though and William is now the next in line so it's time to really pull the finger out. They can't just keep turning up to sports events and building up numbers that way and Kate really needs to do something better than early years.

All of this would be so easy for her to do. She could just pick a couple of charities and get really involved with them long-term. Or she could pick a different charity every month to highlight on her Instagram and spend the month (or a few days out of it) working with that charity. The charities are there already. She doesn't need to reinvent the wheel like they're doing with early years just get involved with something that's already there.
Or even, God Forbid, do a Masters in Early Years education to give herself a bit of gravitas. Like her sister did with 2 toddlers and a baby. It's not rocket science thinking of hings they could do, but as others have said, I think they are just lazy, and would rather make their PR pretend they are busy, knowing that the press will not question it because they are too busy with Meghan and Harry, than actually just do more.

Reactions: 14
Or even, God Forbid, do a Masters in Early Years education to give herself a bit of gravitas. Like her sister did with 2 toddlers and a baby. It's not rocket science thinking of hings they could do, but as others have said, I think they are just lazy, and would rather make their PR pretend they are busy, knowing that the press will not question it because they are too busy with Meghan and Harry, than actually just do more.
If I had anything to do with their PR, I would be advising them to pick a subject that they connect with not just one that is a lazy, obvious pick. It doesn’t have to be well known or high profile, just something that resonates. Then, talk to the people already involved. Find out where you can be Most effective and take the time to learn (Princess Anne said it took her a good few years before she felt she knew enough about Save the Children to actually talk on the subject … she learnt from the ground up). Basically start again from scratch.

If I had anything to do with their PR, I would be advising them to pick a subject that they connect with not just one that is a lazy, obvious pick. It doesn’t have to be well known or high profile, just something that resonates. Then, talk to the people already involved. Find out where you can be Most effective and take the time to learn (Princess Anne said it took her a good few years before she felt she knew enough about Save the Children to actually talk on the subject … she learnt from the ground up). Basically start again from scratch.
They could even work together more, Williams into football and Kates into kids work and mental health, they could do something about grassroots football and his role as FA president, they could get George involved, do it with a northern club to show they’re not London centric. That just came from my head 2 minutes ago, not to say it’s a great idea that would work but they could have a round table and there would be so many ideas flowing if they have the right staff around them.

Reactions: 3
Those ratings really are shocking. You can see how easily they could be outshined with a work ethic that low.

Not a fan, but with how long the plastic notes are supposed to last shouldn't it take decades before the queen's ones disappear?

kc-full.png

I mean, along term successful PR strategy made Camilla Queen and the people didn’t burn down BP. It’s baffling that the KP team seems unable to come up with a solid strategy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.