The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That will not happen. There is no mechanism to remove the title of prince from somebody born with it. It is not even within the king's power to remove the Sussex title. And why should Harry respect William? Respect should never be automatic.
Yes there is, the title of Prince and HRH is in the gift of the Monarch. The Queen of Denmark has already removed the Prince and Princess title from the children of her second son. Parliament only needs consulting to change the line of succession or remove their rank as peers of the realm, not their royal titles.

That also follows the precedent of Edward and Wallis who on his abdication were not titled King and Queen or even Prince and Princess but merely Duke and Duchess and Wallis was not even given the HRH title. They spent most of the rest of their lives in exile in France as the Sussexes are now in exile in California

I think they're a lost cause in the Uk and they know that. Everything is geared towards the U.S now
Even in the US Meghan is now more unpopular than Kate and Harry is no more popular than William either

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
[
The thing with the Queen only taking advice from other people, if she was truly invested wouldn’t she have been trying to make her own decisions based on what H&M were telling her? Especially if Harry had such a close bond with her. Why wasn’t she believing what they were saying and happy to just let Charles and William side line him?
From what has been said and written about the Queen, you do get the impression that she was a bit of an ostrich with sticky family situations hoping they would either resolve without her or just go away. It seems she also deferred her decisions to others (especially Prince Philip for family issues) and would always go the way of protecting The Crown over anything else (well, except Andrew, seemingly).

Reactions: 13
I think, again, the docuseries is actually alright most of the time. H&M bring enough reasonable answers to some questions. For example, why H didn’t help her sufficiently when she was depressed. And he admits, he failed his wife. And that this shouldn’t have happened to why women in the institution. We find out about two of the Vogue article friends….
The thing is - H&M appear well enough. BUT this won’t hurt the monarchy. If the BRF is smart- they don’t react to this at all.

Reactions: 12
Just wondering: who leaked that the confrontation between Harry, Charles and William (with the Queen watching) went so bad? Don't think that it was William or Charles as that wasn't flattering. One of their employees? Harry? No idea but that's not my point. My point is that Harry doesn't realise that Charles and William don't seem to fully control what goes out or not. If they cannot prevent things like this to go out, it might be that it was the same for Meghan and Harry's stuff? Did it cross his mind? I mean there are always rumors and leaks - people always talk - in all kind of institutions - the government etc.

Reactions: 2
I think, again, the docuseries is actually alright most of the time. H&M bring enough reasonable answers to some questions. For example, why H didn’t help her sufficiently when she was depressed. And he admits, he failed his wife. And that this shouldn’t have happened to why women in the institution. We find out about two of the Vogue article friends….
The thing is - H&M appear well enough. BUT this won’t hurt the monarchy. If the BRF is smart- they don’t react to this at all.
There was an article in The Guardian the other day that said that the only reason why this isn't going away is because no one wants it to. All the people who are overinvested in this as some kind of hobby or distraction from their own problems ( fair enough, there are more important problems in the world and if moaning about Harry and Meghan distracts people, who cares as long as they aren't going round trying to stop pregnant women in the stomach or tip buggies over), the press, who get a shedload of cheap content out of it and the Royal Family who are shielded from proper scrutiny by the Human Shield that is being compared to Harry and Meghan. The only people who are repeatedly punching themselves in the face seem to be Harry and Meghan themselves, and it's all their own doing. Megxit is the same as Brexit in that regard!

Reactions: 10
There was an article in The Guardian the other day that said that the only reason why this isn't going away is because no one wants it to. All the people who are overinvested in this as some kind of hobby or distraction from their own problems ( fair enough, there are more important problems in the world and if moaning about Harry and Meghan distracts people, who cares as long as they aren't going round trying to stop pregnant women in the stomach or tip buggies over), the press, who get a shedload of cheap content out of it and the Royal Family who are shielded from proper scrutiny by the Human Shield that is being compared to Harry and Meghan. The only people who are repeatedly punching themselves in the face seem to be Harry and Meghan themselves, and it's all their own doing. Megxit is the same as Brexit in that regard!
I think that Meghan and Harry seem to struggle to know what new to bring on the table. In 2020 I would have bet they would show themselves living their best life and going forward with new projects. They did the second part but as they are constantly coming back on the drama during their time in the RF, their projects are losing their visibility.

Also I would have find way cooler if they would have started or worked with some organisations against online harrassement or tried to bring new frames to give more protection to people being bullied online.

Reactions: 11
Yes there is, the title of Prince and HRH is in the gift of the Monarch. The Queen of Denmark has already removed the Prince and Princess title from the children of her second son. Parliament only needs consulting to change the line of succession or remove their rank as peers of the realm, not their royal titles.

That also follows the precedent of Edward and Wallis who on his abdication were not titled King and Queen or even Prince and Princess but merely Duke and Duchess and Wallis was not even given the HRH title. They spent most of the rest of their lives in exile in France as the Sussexes are now in exile in California

Even in the US Meghan is now more unpopular than Kate and Harry is no more popular than William either

From what I’ve seen, it’s not the Prince title has all the calls to be removed, it is the Duke and Duchess … and that can only be removed by Parliament.

Personally, I don’t think the titles should be touched. It just gives them grist to the Everyone is Against Us mill and could backfire on the RF and make them look petty.

They‘re in America living the life they said they wanted. Leave them to it. Invite them over for high days and holidays secure in the knowledge that 9 times out of 10 they won’t come anyway, and on the once they do take comfort from the thought that however awkward it is for you, it’s x100 worse for them.

Reactions: 8
I found it strange that they basically sad, the SA documentary wasn’t actually their idea…. and that they had no say in what it would be like. Wasn’t the journalist personally invited by then because they trusted him to interview them? Did he cheat them? That was a confusing segment.

RE the titles: I think they should keep the Duke and Duchess. But their children should be without title. Just as I think that should be true for any children of Charlotte and Louis.

Reactions: 4
From what I’ve seen, it’s not the Prince title has all the calls to be removed, it is the Duke and Duchess … and that can only be removed by Parliament.

Personally, I don’t think the titles should be touched. It just gives them grist to the Everyone is Against Us mill and could backfire on the RF and make them look petty.

They‘re in America living the life they said they wanted. Leave them to it. Invite them over for high days and holidays secure in the knowledge that 9 times out of 10 they won’t come anyway, and on the once they do take comfort from the thought that however awkward it is for you, it’s x100 worse for them.
Could the House of Commons/Lords overrule the RF to remove their titles though? 🤔
They might do it as it's what the public seem to want.

Reactions: 1
Harry blaming the miscarriage on the press is a new low. Absolute tool. No bleeping idea. People go through stressful situations when pregnant. Some people have miscarriages, me included, - some don't. Great way to make women who have had them think it was because they were too stressed.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

They said in the documentary that they were willing to relinquish the titles and wanted to move to South Africa or Canada, until it was leaked to the press. I'm not sure why that couldn't have happened if that's what they wanted. They could have done that and been doing exactly what Zara, Bea, Eugenie etc do. It doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: 9
I feel very uncomfortable with the amount they are showing their children’s private moments. I feel that with any celebrity. I get a couple of cute videos and photos but not like this. The children deserve privacy as well.
Its extraordinary isn’t it. It’s making me wonder if they’d like an Osbornes style show or Kardashians. It would keep them in the public eye/ press and generate a regular high income

Reactions: 3
Harry blaming the miscarriage on the press is a new low. Absolute tool. No bleeping idea. People go through stressful situations when pregnant. Some people have miscarriages, me included, - some don't. Great way to make women who have had them think it was because they were too stressed.
25% of pregnancies in the first trimester ends in a miscarriage. It's very sad and hard for the parents but it's difficult to know what was the reason - even though it was indeed a quite stressful period for them. But out of 3 pregnancies 1 miscarriage is not uncommon.

They said in the documentary that they were willing to relinquish the titles and wanted to move to South Africa or Canada, until it was leaked to the press. I'm not sure why that couldn't have happened if that's what they wanted. They could have done that and been doing exactly what Zara, Bea, Eugenie etc do. It doesn't make any sense.
Yeah I also didn't get it. But when security is their first concern (which I get it) I don't think SA would have been what they wished for. SA has sadly one of the highest criminality reccords in the world. People that can afford live in full protected houses. Their wealth and their status wouldn't have made things easier for them. They would have had a new another level of threat to deal with.

Reactions: 6
I can't believe I've sat through 6 hours of that "documentary" and we don't even get to read the text from William!! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Yes but they have abondoned their royal duties and trashed the King and heir, at the least Harry's Prince title and their HRH titles must be formally removed after the coronation ideally along with Andrew's too. That would also be the more slimmed down monarchy Charles wants with royal titles restricted to working royals only

Reactions: 3
A lot of what they bring up is also very technical so that it invites assumptions. The “senior member of the royal household” leaking about them is obviously a staffer not a member of the family. But it almost sounds as if Camilla popped round for a G&T. What with the signature for the letter not being her father’s? What is she alluding to?
And the exit is still kind of muddled up. So they had been planning on moving in 2018 and 2019. But as senior royals? Or already in a reduced capacity. And why didn’t they relinquish the titles? They also admit that they kind of blindsided everyone with a statement about how it would be all while no one had agreed to that.

I disagree with Harry that the definition of misogyny to paint him as a lap dog. He seems pretty dim and wet so maybe it's based on that rather than anyone's gender?

It's not quite the bombshell he thinks it is with saying it was his decision to leave the UK. Who really knows, but he's not that bright and it wouldn't be the first time someome has been given the illusion of making a decision.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I haven't watched it yet so I'm only going on what I've read but that part makes no sense to me. It's like they're trying to give the impression that they had no choice but to move to LA.
Even if the press did find out they wanted to go to SA, why would that stop them going? The press were going to find out when they went anyway.

I'm also very disappointed with the big reveal about how the palace lied to protect William. It was just to say that he didn't bully H&M out of the RF. I wanted something juicier.

Reactions: 5
Agree. No need to touch them as they'll naturally fade in importance with the modernisation. Not worth the risk of doing anything.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.