The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm watching episode 4 about Archies birth. I am sure Bea and Eugenie were born at the Portland.

Reactions: 1
That has been their problem from day one. They didn’t like to give the “goods” away for free which is how it must be if you’re a member of the Royal Family. However, once they are being paid, it’s access all areas. They’d sell their souls for the right price. I just wish they’d stop with playing the victim. It’s tiresome.

It just feels weird. All the secrecy over Archies birth and now they can't spill enough.

Re the shouting at Sandringham wasn't that reported at the time? I'm sure there was reports of shouting at the time.

If you looked at the documentary, you would see where Meghan said that she wanted to do the post-birth photocall, however the Palace insisted on it being done on the steps of the Lindo Wing but Meghan wanted to give birth at the Portland, as that's where her trusted doctor was based. She offered doing the photoshoot there but logistically, it was difficult as it would have blocked the entrance to the A&E which was an obvious no-no. She also indicated that the advisors did not tell her that not doing the hospital pictures would turn into such a problem, especially as they did a photocall with Archie 2 days later. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I'm watching episode 4 about Archies birth. I am sure Bea and Eugenie were born at the Portland.
Yes, both of them and I believe they had a Royal photocall there too. Diana visited with Williams and Harry. All of Princess Margaret's grandchildren were born there, Eugeine’s son was born there too. In fact quite a few extended members were born there and had photo calls.

Reactions: 6
He made it very clear that he didn't blame his grandmother for anything that happened during their separation and that she was acting based on advice given to her by her advisors and did what she thought was best based on their perspective.

His feelings towards his grandmother was not impacted by their departure.
i don't think he's made it clear at all that he doesn't blame her. these little comments that he adds in about her are still apportioning some of the blame to her. if that was the case about it being the advisors alone who were to blame then why did he not feel that charles and william were simply acting based on the advice given by their advisors? she was the head of the institution, she could have chosen to do things differently. i don't know how you can blame half your family but not blame the head of the people attacking you. if she was my grandmother and she had done that to me, standing by whilst my brother was screaming at me, i would never have named my child after her.

Reactions: 6
Yes, both of them and I believe they had a Royal photocall there too. Diana visited with Williams and Harry. All of Princess Margaret's grandchildren were born there, Eugeine’s son was born there too.
So why suddenly could they not do a photocall? The Portland is like a hotel for the Super rich with a birthing suite stuck on. Either they are lying or the Palace courtiers were deliberately making life difficult for Meghan. Who knows what is correct? Again, those photocells are not ' traditional'. They started with Peter Philips, and are really unpleasant and intrusive imo. I thought she was right to refuse to do it but it turns out she didn't.

Reactions: 12
Has any other celebrity shared this level of their private life? Like bath pictures of their baby, videos crying, intimate family moments. It’s all a lot.

It appears Netflix paid tens of millions to access the photo album, hear William shouted at Harry the poor soul, hear how they were so popular no one could cope and to have them repeat unsubstantiated claims about their family. There was no bombshell or evidence. Even his brother shouting at him doesn’t land how he thought it would, you’re grown men, who cares about two brothers having a row?

Genuinely curious if the family could sue any of it, especially William with claims that he let Jason Knauff speak which is then denied at the end.

Reactions: 8
It's an interesting narrative that people were jealous of them getting more attention. But surely they'd all expect the new couple to get this?

Maybe they'd be happy that someone else was getting all the attention for a bit?

Royalty is celebrity in many ways, but also in many other ways it's notably different. Like they don't need to worry so much about fading away and becoming irrelevant like someone on towie would.

Reactions: 10
She was totally right to refuse the photo outside the hospital- I couldn’t imagine anything worse. Although admittedly I did love seeing the Cambridge babies. What’s right for one woman doesn’t mean everyone has to follow suit. It’s nothing to do with blocking A&E though as there isn’t one at the Portland. Any emergencies are directed to the nearest available NHS. I would believe if the RF didn’t want to cause a stir by MM having photos outside a well known private maternity hospital. Even though Catherine gave birth at an NHS hospital with private medics.

Reactions: 10
Where are all the photos of Lily? Or are they saving those for the sequel? 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
If you looked at the documentary, you would see where Meghan said that she wanted to do the post-birth photocall, however the Palace insisted on it being done on the steps of the Lindo Wing but Meghan wanted to give birth at the Portland, as that's where her trusted doctor was based. She offered doing the photoshoot there but logistically, it was difficult as it would have blocked the entrance to the A&E which was an obvious no-no. She also indicated that the advisors did not tell her that not doing the hospital pictures would turn into such a problem, especially as they did a photocall with Archie 2 days later. 🤷‍♀️
I'm talking about the whole secrecy about Archies birth. Time, place etc etc.

As far as I know there isn't an A&E at the Portland. It has a paediatric urgent care but not an A&E. That all sounds a bit fishy.

The Lindo wing is directly opposite the main entrance to St Mary's Hospital and a 200 yards away from the A&E entrance. They closed Praed Street for the Royal births there. I know as I was there when George came out. I had an appointment and didn't have an issue getting in. Just couldn't drive car down there.

Last edited:
They we’re very privileged to get Archie’s first pictures with The Queen and Philip, none of the others had that opportunity.

Reactions: 5
I'm talking about the whole secrecy about Archies birth. Time, place etc etc.

As far as I know there isn't an A&E at the Portland. It has a paediatric urgent care but not an A&E. That all sounds a bit fishy.

The Lindo wing is directly opposite the main entrance to St Mary's Hospital and a 200 beards away from the A&E entrance. They closed Praed Street for the Royal births there. I know as I was there when George came out. I had an appointment and didn't have an issue getting in. Just couldn't drive car down there.
Thanks for the explanation. I've never been to London so I have no idea what streets and thoroughfares would be impacted by a Royal photocall. Maybe their issue wrt Archie and secrecy is more about them choosing to share his photos rather than the British press feeling obligated to it, but that's my supposition...I don't know what the logic is here. 🤷‍♀️

i don't think he's made it clear at all that he doesn't blame her. these little comments that he adds in about her are still apportioning some of the blame to her. if that was the case about it being the advisors alone who were to blame then why did he not feel that charles and william were simply acting based on the advice given by their advisors? she was the head of the institution, she could have chosen to do things differently. i don't know how you can blame half your family but not blame the head of the people attacking you. if she was my grandmother and she had done that to me, standing by whilst my brother was screaming at me, i would never have named my child after her.
You have a valid point here. As head of the institution, I can somewhat understand but as my grandmother, I would be hurt if that was the response. I still don't understand how, amongst all of them working together, a halfway point couldn't be met. It supports my belief that some members of the Family genuinely wanted them gone.

Reactions: 12
I have found that people in families shout because they care. I try not to as it doesn't get me anywhere trying to get through to the tone deaf people in my family.
I just say something shocking and they are stunned into silence and actually start listening.😆

Reactions: 4
It feels like cocomelon watching this 😬 with a new shot every few seconds.

I miss simpler documentaries that didn't make me feel dizzy. Even just for interviews they're using a handful of different shots rather than all it needs of one fixed camera.

Reactions: 3
All the secrecy over Archie and the baby shower etc etc and now it's over the documentary. Archies ultrasound scan! FFS.

Makes you think this was the plan all along .....
It clearly was all for sale to the highest bidder. Why else all the selfie video shite.

Because people are so strangely protective of the Queen.

Reactions: 4
I wonder if the interest is starting to wain?

It's trending on Twitter but it's mid table with more important things taking priority and my Twitter feed is very quiet apart from Chris Ship who's job it is to watch it.

It's only the DM going all out.

Reactions: 3
It's an interesting narrative that people were jealous of them getting more attention. But surely they'd all expect the new couple to get this?

Maybe they'd be happy that someone else was getting all the attention for a bit?

Royalty is celebrity in many ways, but also in many other ways it's notably different. Like they don't need to worry so much about fading away and becoming irrelevant like someone on towie would.
It’s a very strange concept, really … they stand or fall by their popularity ratings. As fast as you are the current top slot a fall down the rating makes up you vulnerable to the headlines and the press do seem to operate a very linear white hat/black hat policy

I bet as much as they say they appreciate the reprieve they are going out to shake a few hands to get the positive press back again Pronto.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.