The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Diana was also paranoid and unwell at that time, I do wonder if Harry is becoming unhealthy in this.
Charles will be aware of Diana's potential "legacy" to Harry. He must be very worried about Harry's mental health in view of those who surround and influence him.

Reactions: 9
Charles will be aware of Diana's potential "legacy" to Harry. He must be very worried about Harry's mental health in view of those who surround and influence him.
That’s the worry, watch the documentary he almost seemed paranoid at parts and seems very obsessive over the press. He totally has a reason to dislike the press but sometimes it verges on unhealthy. Now the press is baiting the two brothers against each other - I hope Charles has a level head about this when he’s talking to William.

Reactions: 14
That would be a great idea. Maybe they can't be overtly just Christisn charities but many food banks are linked to churches. I didn't realise it didn't raise money for charity.
Yes, could be any charity but would be nice for that religious tie-in - not even have to be Christian - but it's a Christmas carol concert so my brain went there! Could be great to get a lot of different faith-based organizations and charities involved here. Missed opportunity 100%.

Doesn't Sophie do things with the fashion council and universities where people train in fashion design?

I remember reading something about Kate YEARS AGO from someone who knew her - Kate is only interested in what directly affects her and that's that. I think many people are like this too and that's not a problem - but it is when you are supposed to be serving a broad group of people who pay for your luxury lifestyle.

Reactions: 6
Can they be seen to be helping just Christian charities? Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m not really sure, but I don’t think they help Islamic, Hindu, Jewish, Sikh, etc charities?
We are still a Christian plurality country and the King is still Supreme Governor of the Church of England as will William be.

Having said that Charles is Patron of the Oxford Islamic Studies Centre and will have representatives of all faith groups at his coronation.

We also have freedom of religion and non religion here, in Saudi Arabia or Iran or Somalia or Afghanistan, Christians are even restricted from worship and open atheism is illegal

Last edited:
  • Wow
If I only heard that exchange rather than saw it I swear it could be a scene from The Windsors
The clip of Harry talking about how popular and better at the job they both are was like a scene from I’m Alan partridge

• Haha
We are still a Christian plurality country and the King is still Supreme Governor of the Church of England as will William be.

Having said that Charles is Patron of the Oxford Islamic Studies Centre and will have representatives of all faith groups at his coronation.

We also have freedom of religion and non religion here, in Saudi Arabia or Iran or Somalia or Afghanistan, Christians are even restricted from worship and open atheism is illegal
I have just seen your 1st sentence !🤣. Would this be the same monarch who outlawed Catolism until 10 years ago?

Reactions: 1
I have just seen your 1st sentence !🤣. Would this be the same monarch who outlawed Catolism until 10 years ago?
What? lol

You mean Catholics could not be in the line of succession because of the 1707 Act of Settlement which kicked the Stuarts/Jacobites from the line of succession DUE to the rampant anti Catholic sentiment?

Reactions: 2
As a Christian we need to do our best to follow Jesus's tenets of love and service.
The problem with this is that many of us don’t see these as Christian values, they’re simply good moral values that for most people have nothing to do with religion. It’s absolutely fine to have faith as a major part of your life but it doesn’t make you better than anybody else (I’m not saying this is what you said, but it regularly is said by religious people). We don’t need the church to be good and decent and people and support others, we simply need to be good people. I don’t need God or his son to tell me that.

Reactions: 15
What? lol

You mean Catholics could not be in the line of succession because of the 1707 Act of Settlement which kicked the Stuarts/Jacobites from the line of succession DUE to the rampant anti Catholic sentiment?
Read it carefully. Prince Michael
What? lol

If you can explain why royals in recent ago lost their place in the line of succession as a result of marrying Catholics feel free. Prince Michael being one, Autumn Kelly (although she renounced her faith for someone who wouldn't have got near the Throne anywat
What? lol

Yeah. Him!

What? lol

Well, yes

We are still a Christian plurality country
What do you mean? The most recent census showed that less than half of the population described themselves as Christian.

I get that, and that is important but not sure how it’s relevant to the comments.

H and M both know that no member of the BRF is going to respond in detail to anything they allege occurred.
I don’t particularly care for either party and it strikes me as pretty unfair that they’re airing their side and interpretation of these private family conflicts when they know the other side will never tell their side of the story…
There is nothing to stop the RF from making a statement though they are choosing not to. A good thing imo as it will just drag on if they do. But I don't see why that should have to stop Harry and Meghan speaking.

They do. Even in September 2020 48% of the British public wanted to remove all royal titles from Harry and Meghan, just 27% did not

I think the real figure is that most people don't care. If you're a die hard royalist you'll say that they should but Joe bloggs on the street doesnt care.

Reactions: 7
What do you mean? The most recent census showed that less than half of the population described themselves as Christian.

I get that, and that is important but not sure how it’s relevant to the comments.
46% described themselves as Christian, 37% as non religious, a little more than 10% other religions. So England and Wales are still plurality Christian as I said

There is nothing to stop the RF from making a statement though they are choosing not to. A good thing imo as it will just drag on if they do. But I don't see why that should have to stop Harry and Meghan speaking.

I think the real figure is that most people don't care. If you're a die hard royalist you'll say that they should but Joe bloggs on the street doesnt care.
48% want to strip Harry and Meghan of their royal titles, 27% don't, only 25% don't care

Reactions: 1
I would think those 30mii are not laying around on some bank account. They are probably invested to make more money. Liquidating can take some time.
So, I appreciate that H wasn’t able to tap into his wealth just like that. At least not into all of it. He probably got like a monthly allowance that his money generated for him, while the base stayed invested.
But what about M’s money? People were never tired to point out how successful she was- why couldn’t she rent something for some time till they got their finances sorted?
I don’t doubt that the paparazzi and the online comments must have been deeply disturbing. But why didn’t they think ahead? The second it was clear that they are opting for out they should have sorted their own security and money. Maybe asking for some time to think it through, while making all the preparations before giving the answers officially?
Anyhow. I think the whole thing was actually pretty boring in terms of revelations. My biggest takeaway is that they met on Insta. They come across better than in a long time and the BRF doesn’t look worse than before.

Reactions: 3
Exactly, it was a lack of planning really. Despite Harry saying it was no surprise to anyone as they had been talking about it for months/years they weren’t really prepared themselves!
He even said in the doc that they offered to be at no cost to the tax payer (because then the media can claim all intrusion is in the public interest) but doing the same role.

Reactions: 2
I don't believe they were more popular than the other Royals, it was because Meghan was a new member of the Royal family and people wanted to see her etc.

Reactions: 8
I don't believe they were more popular than the other Royals, it was because Meghan was a new member of the Royal family and people wanted to see her etc.
I’m not sure, Harry was very popular and women are often more popular than men in Royal circles (unless they are handsome or have a personality). But I also think it kinda ebbs and flows and they would lose their popularity and William and Kate or whoever would gain theirs and then they would lose it and Harry and Meghan would be on top etc.

Reactions: 5
Exactly, it was a lack of planning really. Despite Harry saying it was no surprise to anyone as they had been talking about it for months/years they weren’t really prepared themselves!
He even said in the doc that they offered to be at no cost to the tax payer (because then the media can claim all intrusion is in the public interest) but doing the same role.
Yeah- was he planning on paying for security and the travel to and from royal engagements? And what about the minimum- security at the engagement? I very much doubt he meant we would get them actually for free. And what about the NZ and SA plans in 2018 and 2019? How did they plan to do this?
I think this comes down to H tragically overestimating his worth for the institution- especially with three Cambridgelings. He thought they would bend because they were needed for good PR. Thing is- it doesn’t matter if people like the RF. Or if they stay HoS in some oversea territories (which they should get rid off ASAP). As long as the UK is not going the long way to cut the monarchy out of its institution it will be Charles, then Wiliam, then George. The Commonwealth organisation could explode tomorrow, Jane Doe next door won’t really care. The RF is no stranger to years of relentless criticism and valid questions around their worth. I think national and international relations and developments will be rescuing them for a long time. Who has time to go through a good decade and pay probably billions for lawyers and paper and changes if you have a crumbling education system, a NHS on the brink of collapse, people struggling to pay for food or heating, war, Brexit, climate change….
H also strikes me as someone that doesn’t always hear what was actually said.

What I found very interesting though, and it fits my personal believe, is that the brothers allegedly wanted to refrain from the dirty PR game. I am sure W&H talked about the fall out of their parents, what role individuals and the institution played in their opinion. I can absolutely see two teenagers/young adults dreaming up all sorts of things to change and to do differently. A clash with reality was inevitable. It seems H missed that his brother had started to accept his role and is willing to pursue it (which wasn’t always the case I think).
Now I am waiting to see them in some morning shows and a trashy reality tv show in 3-5 years (I’ am a Celeb or similar). No way, that was the last time they have to tell us their truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I would think those 30mii are not laying around on some bank account. They are probably invested to make more money. Liquidating can take some time.
So, I appreciate that H wasn’t able to tap into his wealth just like that. At least not into all of it. He probably got like a monthly allowance that his money generated for him, while the base stayed invested.
But what about M’s money? People were never tired to point out how successful she was- why couldn’t she rent something for some time till they got their finances sorted?
I think part of the issue is that they wanted to live beyond their means. They made comments about Kensington Palace not being a place per say and that they lived on palace grounds and in a small cottage and Oprah was shocked at their situation - they referenced it quite a bit which seemed like they were removed from reality. They live in a $14.7 million home, with security and upkeep - they could have easily moved to a smaller place as their starter house and kept security and when they were settled and had easier access to funds and the money from Netflix then moved to a bigger property.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.