The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not a Harry and Meghan fan at all but I think this is the TV appearance that they've come across best in and it's kind of surprising that it's the one they're getting the worst press for.
General public opinion seems to be that it’s too much to hear privileged people moan about how terrible their lives are, in the current financial climate we’re living in. Yesterday nurses were on strike, and Meghan’s chatting in a documentary about an air steward thanking her for the sacrifice she’s made to our country. It just doesn’t sit right with a lot of people and that is helping the press is having a field day with it!
And personally I do think it’s too much seeing their faces all the time, and that it’s a vicious circle because if the press left them alone, they’d bore off with no attention. But all the time they’re getting press, they’re in the spotlight and can moan about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
General public opinion seems to be that it’s too much to hear privileged people moan about how terrible their lives are, in the current financial climate we’re living in. Yesterday nurses were on strike, and Meghan’s chatting in a documentary about an air steward thanking her for the sacrifice she’s made to our country. It just doesn’t sit right with a lot of people and that is helping the press is having a field day with it!
And personally I do think it’s too much seeing their faces all the time, and that it’s a vicious circle because if the press left them alone, they’d bore off with no attention. But all the time they’re getting press, they’re in the spotlight and can moan about it!
The thing is, that's what the Royal family is. A distraction. If Harry and William never speak again, it will make as much difference to ordinary people as it would if two people in a Soap fell out. Harry and Meghan aren't going to bring down the Monarchy. The press and all the Royal sycophants use that as an excuse for the vitriol, which they are making a ton of money on the back of. It doesn't even matter if everyone in the world believes them and believes The Crown is a documentary. We have a King Charles and William in due course will be King, no matter what happens in the country. They could burn £50 notes off the top of Buckingham Palace balcony and they will still be the Royal Family. The press are hiding more serious stories behind all this nonsense and are making tons of money out of it. All Harry and Meghan are doing is providing a human shield for the Royals, who can do no wrong because of their spoilt antics.

Even the guardian gave it a bad review though!!

It was always going to get a negative response from the tabloids but it's not just the tabloids this time.
The Guardian gave it a bad review, but at least have also been critical of the Royals and their petty rules and jealousy of each other. The rest of them have all been @Oh look how the angelic can do no wrong Royals are being slighted!' when it sounds like they all behaved badly. Harry's greatest sin is suddenly finding a system from which he has benefitted hugely as somehow anachronistic and bad, when it is really the only reason he has a voice or his wealth.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
H and M both know that no member of the BRF is going to respond in detail to anything they allege occurred.
I don’t particularly care for either party and it strikes me as pretty unfair that they’re airing their side and interpretation of these private family conflicts when they know the other side will never tell their side of the story…
Maybe the "recollections may vary" just about sums it all up. 3 words which express and insinuate so much more.

Reactions: 11
I don’t know how I feel about H and M but my theory on William is that he probably was furious. Once Charles goes who is going to pick up the slack for him and Kate, either on public engagements or in the press. They are going to have to bear the brunt a lot more and I don’t think he’s happy about it.

Reactions: 15
I don't think it is what the public want though. It's almost a 50/50 divide. Like Brexit again!
Personally I don't mind if they keep their titles. With or without them they will still get headlines and media attention from just being Harry and Meghan.
They do. Even in September 2020 48% of the British public wanted to remove all royal titles from Harry and Meghan, just 27% did not

Reactions: 1
I don't think William would be annoyed by Harry and meghan not being working royals as the plan was always to reduce the number once the queen went. Andrew has been pushing for years for his daughters to become working royals. Many of the current working royals won't be replaced.

If anything Harry and Meghan knowing the future modernisation of the royal family and less prominent roles would push them away. There's that video clip where they're told a meeting at an event is only for senior royals.

Reactions: 2
The American tabloids magazines - National Enquirer etc, are far far worse than the British tabloids. Interesting that it's mostly those headlines that are shown in the series, despite H&M banging on about the British media.

Reactions: 13
The American tabloids magazines - National Enquirer etc, are far far worse than the British tabloids. Interesting that it's mostly those headlines that are shown in the series, despite H&M banging on about the British media.
Yeah but no one actually pays attention to the national enquirer in the US. It's just seen as a joke with some of its barmy headlines. Whereas the daily mail is the best selling paper in the country

Reactions: 14
They're going full Hollywood woke now, because it's the last group of people who might still believe them, so they have to vilify the British public and press. But the tide is turning against them in North America as well, and only the delusional and certain groups are supporting their narrative.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
They do. Even in September 2020 48% of the British public wanted to remove all royal titles from Harry and Meghan, just 27% did not

48% want their titles removed so thats 52% who either want them to keep them or couldn't care less. And people who can be bothered to do yougov surveys on Harry and Meghan aren't the British Publuc. I suspect the number of people who couldn't care less is the largest group!

I don’t know how I feel about H and M but my theory on William is that he probably was furious. Once Charles goes who is going to pick up the slack for him and Kate, either on public engagements or in the press. They are going to have to bear the brunt a lot more and I don’t think he’s happy about it.
They should be doing more though. It is only William and his children who are the beneficiaries of Royalty going forward. That is what causes the resentment. That the subsequent children are surplus to requirements. Yes, they are fabulously rich, but they don't know anything else. They can get Edward and Sophie to do things until their children are adults. They do a lot of stuff that celebrities do in their spare time that is done by Royals ' working' and they don't need to do it. Charles is right that the working royal family needs to be slashed. If that means William and Kates frankly shoddy workrate needs to be improved, then so be it. To be fair to them, they have majorly stepped up since The Queen died, but for 10 years they hardly did much. Them and their children will be well renumeration for it, even if the Monarchy doesn't survive past the living Royals.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Some of the programme was very insensitive. There is a part where they complain about the living quarters at KP and then move onto talk about Grenfell. It’s so lacking in awareness of how privileged they are in many ways. I do think they had a horrible time with the media and racism was a factor in that. It’s very sad to see all the hope invested in them at the time of the wedding and how it worked out. But they are difficult to find sympathetic.

Reactions: 18
Does anyone other than gbnews give the markles a platform?
This lot really isn't helping anyone 😬
Screenshot_20221216_101550.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Some of the programme was very insensitive. There is a part where they complain about the living quarters at KP and then move onto talk about Grenfell. It’s so lacking in awareness of how privileged they are in many ways. I do think they had a horrible time with the media and racism was a factor in that. It’s very sad to see all the hope invested in them at the time of the wedding and how it worked out. But they are difficult to find sympathetic.
Especially that the Nottingham cottage served as a base for Kate and William and as well Beatrice and her husband. For all of them - Meghan and Harry included that was set up as a temporary residence. When Harry was singe he lived there - which made sense and then it took time for their home with Meghan to be ready to welcome them in Windsor. It's a cottage yes but in central London with all the security provided by being at Kensington Palace. If they would have gotten a bigger flat/house rented somewhere in London they would have complained it was to put them unsafe and more accessible to the medias.

“We had the most beautiful cottage, in the grounds of Kensington Palace which is obviously very close to Harry’s heart. It was so cosy and we could pretty much come and go as we wanted. We did all the usual things that new couples do and we really appreciated this amazing home right in the middle of one of the most vibrant, cultural and expensive cities in the world- it was an amazing gift”.

ahhhh

-v -(what they actually sort of said)

“Oprah turned up and said our house was ordinary. No one would believe it.Its so small Harry kept banging his head on the ceiling”

whatever 🙄

Especially that the Nottingham cottage served as a base for Kate and William and as well Beatrice and her husband. For all of them - Meghan and Harry included that was set up as a temporary residence. When Harry was singe he lived there - which made sense and then it took time for their home with Meghan to be ready to welcome them in Windsor. It's a cottage yes but in central London with all the security provided by being at Kensington Palace. If they would have gotten a bigger flat/house rented somewhere in London they would have complained it was to put them unsafe and more accessible to the medias.

Yeah it was always a temporary bachelor pad. Harry was fine to have it as his London residence while he was single.

It's so disingenuous them presenting it as a hardship when they all know they could have moved to any number of royal properties on the many royal estates if they desired.

Reactions: 7
She's got previous for that. Giving an interview on the poorest continent on earth and wanging on about YOUR suffering. I think it was the same day she'd visited a centre for the victims of rape and domestic violence

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.