The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait, so people who put ‘don’t care’ as a response on surveys don’t count in your eyes, unless they’re putting ‘don’t care’ about their religion on a census, in which case it means they’re still Christians? 😂😂😂 You’re going to pull a muscle with all that reaching!
They didn't put don't care, 46% put Christian and therefore count as Christians no matter how often they attend church that is the original point.

Reactions: 1
They didn't put don't care, 46% put Christian and therefore count as Christians no matter how often they attend church that is the original point.
You were saying agnostics with a Christian background still counted. And we’re saying that counting “Christians” like my mum inflates the count. But then you brought in hints of Islamophobia and suddenly your keenness to keep Christian numbers inflated rather than truly accurate became clearer…

Anyway it’s off topic as hell so let it go now, yeah? No one is arguing Britain’s Christian history, but it’s a multi faith nation now and I think that’s beautiful, and it’s very cool of Charles to make a point of supporting that.

Reactions: 11
Wait, so people who put ‘don’t care’ as a response on surveys don’t count in your eyes, unless they’re putting ‘don’t care’ about their religion on a census, in which case it means they’re still Christians? 😂😂😂 You’re going to pull a muscle with all that reaching!
It creased me up too, am hoping they’re just trolling now but a bit worried it’s not

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It creased me up too, am hoping they’re just trolling now but a bit worried it’s not
Nah, they did this in the welsh conversation a couple threads back too, refused to concede any point and wouldn’t let go.Then we all got a gentle warning for being off topic 😄

You were saying agnostics with a Christian background still counted. And we’re saying that counting “Christians” like my mum inflates the count. But then you brought in hints of Islamophobia and suddenly your keenness to keep Christian numbers inflated rather than truly accurate became clearer…

Anyway it’s off topic as hell so let it go now, yeah? No one is arguing Britain’s Christian history, but it’s a multi faith nation now and I think that’s beautiful, and it’s very cool of Charles to make a point of supporting that.
They do, if on a forced choice they were asked whether they were culturally Christian or culturally Muslim.

However even ignoring them 46% still said they were Christian. We are a multi faith nation but still 46% are Christian and only just over 10% other religions. Charles is also still the defender of the Christian faith and the Church of England, as he will affirm at the coronation

They do, if on a forced choice they were asked whether they were culturally Christian or culturally Muslim.
Why would anyone ask anyone that question? It’s not an either/or thing, there are other religions in the world.
Honestly, this is a weird and xenophobic take, it’s nothing to do with the royal family, so just let it go, yeah?

Reactions: 11

However even ignoring them 46% still said they were Christian. We are a multi faith nation but still 46% are Christian and only just over 10% other religions. Charles is also still the defender of the Christian faith and the Church of England, as he will affirm at the coronation
Another poster was giving the example of their mum who ticks Christian out of habit but doesn’t actually believe in god. Regardless of what box they tick they are no more a Christian than my kitchen table (and I don’t even have a kitchen table) and to think they are is delusional.

Reactions: 4
Why would anyone ask anyone that question? It’s not an either/or thing, there are other religions in the world.
Honestly, this is a weird and xenophobic take, it’s nothing to do with the royal family, so just let it go, yeah?
Well over half the global population are Christian or Muslim and growing

Another poster was giving the example of their mum who ticks Christian out of habit but doesn’t actually believe in god. Regardless of what box they tick they are no more a Christian than my kitchen table (and I don’t even have a kitchen table) and to think they are is delusional.
Because you are an ideological secular atheist, tough, they ticked the Christian box. They define themselves as Christian

A lot of people describe themselves as Christian because they went to the local CofE school but haven’t seen the inside of a church for years or give any thought to religion. Certainly the fact that so many UK churches are so empty these days wouldn’t back up the 46%
When I was at school, my religion was put down as Christian but the only time I stepped in a church was when I went with brownies/girl guides or went on a school trip. I have no belief in God, neither do any of my family. None of my relatives who have died in recent years have had a religious funeral service. I imagine there are a lot of people who say they are a religion but don’t believe in it.

Royals like William and Catherine are just part time Christians and seem to only go at Christmas, Easter, Remembrance Day etc and for other events that require church attendance in the royal calendar. I couldn’t care less whether they’re religious or not but if they’re not it would be nice for them to give a straight answer when William becomes King. Anyone can read a passage from the Bible. They likely only says they’re Christian as historically they have been very religious and want to keep up their good image. However being religious does not determine whether you are a good or bad person.

Reactions: 6
Are you concerned by this?
Christianity is growing globally too, just Islam growing even stronger. Atheism and irreligion is actually declining outside the West percentage wise but as the West is also declining population wise it is declining overall

Well over half the global population are Christian or Muslim and growing

Because you are an ideological secular atheist, tough, they ticked the Christian box. They define themselves as Christian
Firstly we’re supposed to be talking about the RF so I’m not sure what the global numbers of anything have to do with it and secondly, you really are coming over as very naive and fixated about things, not sure if that’s deliberate but it’s not working as a way of convincing anybody

Reactions: 10
Oh jeez. We going to have a tedious debate about this for a few pages now?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yes they are, as unlike Hockey you don't need to 'play' Christianity and attend services every week to be a Christian, or even pray regularly or read the bible. Just believe in Christ and feel culturally Christian.
Ooh God

Firstly we’re supposed to be talking about the RF so I’m not sure what the global numbers of anything have to do with it and secondly, you really are coming over as very naive and fixated about things, not sure if that’s deliberate but it’s not working as a way of convincing anybody
I am not interested in convincing anyone, for as well known on here I am an ideological monarchist Christian. I come here to state my points, nothing more. It also has a lot to do with the RF given the King will still be Supreme Governor of our established Christian Church

Oh jeez. We going to have a tedious debate about this for a few pages now?
I reckon we could end it with this screenshot. That’s a hefty drop of numbers in just 10 years. Growth of Christianity and Islam worldwide is completely irrelevant to the discussion, and trying to turn it into Christianity versus Islam really shouldn’t be entertained here. It’s gross.

I am not interested in convincing anyone, for as well known on here I am an ideological monarchist Christian. I come here to state my points, nothing more. It also has a lot to do with the RF given the King will still be Supreme Governor of our established Christian Church
honestly I hope he drops that title just to annoy you 😂😂
And you’ve stated your points, we’re all clear on your viewpoint, let’s move on.

Attachments

• Haha
I reckon we could end it with this screenshot. That’s a hefty drop of numbers in just 10 years. Growth of Christianity and Islam worldwide is completely irrelevant to the discussion, and trying to turn it into Christianity versus Islam really shouldn’t be entertained here. It’s gross.

honestly I hope he drops that title just to annoy you 😂😂
He won't, he has already confirmed he will take his oath to defend the Anglican faith as Supreme Governor of the Church of England at the Coronation. As every monarch has since the Reformation and the Pope ceased to be head of the English national church

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.