The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah but no one actually pays attention to the national enquirer in the US. It's just seen as a joke with some of its barmy headlines. Whereas the daily mail is the best selling paper in the country
I love it how Britons on social media pretend that nobody reads Daily Mail.:ROFLMAO::poop:

Reactions: 2

Celebrities crack me up cause who actually speaks like this? You’ve been picked to end generational curses, celebs just straight up trolling us normal people
If I only heard that exchange rather than saw it I swear it could be a scene from The Windsors

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I didn't know much about the Tyler Perry stuff, but it's all so bizarre.

Acting as if they needed a random stranger they've never met to help them financially. Didn't Harry inherit 30 million in today's money from Diana alone?

I'd be wary of someone new trying to gain the attention of a high profile couple.

Is it really the healthiest thing for Perry to listen to everyone of Meghan's concerns and respond that they're all valid? Surely some of them were ridiculous and verging on a conspiracy theory?

Real friends help ground people and tell them things they don't want to hear imo.

Diana's security was cut by her own choice because she was concerns over who she could trust. Some of these were valid, some may be very far fetched.

Reactions: 16
Diana's security was cut by her own choice because she was concerns over who she could trust. Some of these were valid, some may be very far fetched.
Diana was also paranoid and unwell at that time, I do wonder if Harry is becoming unhealthy in this.

Reactions: 17
48% want their titles removed so thats 52% who either want them to keep them or couldn't care less. And people who can be bothered to do yougov surveys on Harry and Meghan aren't the British Publuc. I suspect the number of people who couldn't care less is the largest group!

They should be doing more though. It is only William and his children who are the beneficiaries of Royalty going forward. That is what causes the resentment. That the subsequent children are surplus to requirements. Yes, they are fabulously rich, but they don't know anything else. They can get Edward and Sophie to do things until their children are adults. They do a lot of stuff that celebrities do in their spare time that is done by Royals ' working' and they don't need to do it. Charles is right that the working royal family needs to be slashed. If that means William and Kates frankly shoddy workrate needs to be improved, then so be it. To be fair to them, they have majorly stepped up since The Queen died, but for 10 years they hardly did much. Them and their children will be well renumeration for it, even if the Monarchy doesn't survive past the living Royals.
The fact that they waited until a 90 year old woman died to step up and "work" is shameful in my eyes - also, Both Charles and Anne do more engagements than the both of them together. And for anyone who says "they wanted time to raise their children" needs their heads examined when the majority of parents in the UK work because they have to and spend time with their children and do it without the extra help they have.

The same goes for Kate's public speaking - she's had 10 YEARS and then some to get good at it. If the Royal Family were a company she'd be fired by now.

It'll be interesting to see the numbers this year on event numbers etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The fact that they waited until a 90 year old woman died to step up and "work" is shameful in my eyes - also, Both Charles and Anne do more engagements than the both of them together. And for anyone who says "they wanted time to raise their children" needs their heads examined when the majority of parents in the UK work because they have to and spend time with their children and do it without the extra help they have.

The same goes for Kate's public speaking - she's had 10 YEARS and then some to get good at it. If the Royal Family were a company she'd be fired by now.

It'll be interesting to see the numbers this year on event numbers etc.
All this is why I think they are thanking their lucky stars for Harry and Meghan. As long as they are around, William and Kate can do the bare minimum and get away with it. Even the fact Andrew gets mentioned in the same breath as Harry and Meghan minimises his disgraceful behaviour over the years.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
All this is why I think they are thanking their lucky stars for Harry and Meghan. As long as they are around, William and Kate can do the bare minimum and get away with it. Even the fact Andrew gets mentioned in the same breath as Harry and Meghan minimises his disgraceful behaviour over the years.
This - now the Waleses are saints who do no wrong, and revisionist history has popped up about their laziness and behavior. They've never put a foot wrong, this that and the other thing. Harry and Meghan and Andrew are all so despicable in differing ways (and Harry and Meghan go on the attack against the Waleses but not Andrew being protected and coddled all his life by HMTQ? lol) that William and Kate do come across as nice because they are boring and deliberately show zero personality.

I love the carol concert concept but how about use it to raise money for causes? It seems like a vanity project - a make work project - as opposed to Earthshot, The Prince's Trust et al.

They could work regularly and still be present for their kids a majority of the time. Most people do not have that luxury.

Reactions: 6
This - now the Waleses are saints who do no wrong, and revisionist history has popped up about their laziness and behavior. They've never put a foot wrong, this that and the other thing.

I love the carol concert concept but how about use it to raise money for causes? It seems like a vanity project - a make work project - as opposed to Earthshot, The Prince's Trust et al.
Hmm if Earthshot wasn't a vanity project, they would not have had a glitzy gala in Boston full of celebs which none of the prizewinners were invited to and they would have spent more on funding more projects.

Reactions: 10
Isn’t he due it at 40 or something?
Harry said during Oprah that Diana's money paid for their house and move. Which again sounded pretty disingenuous as they'd already been doing deals with netflix, Spotify, penguin.

Reactions: 5
Isn’t he due it at 40 or something?
According to Forbes the boys got $10 million after taxes of Diana’s money and they started receiving annual dividends at age 25 to the tune of $450,000 a year. He was also earning between $50,000 and $53,000 as a helicopter pilot. The QM placed two-thirds of her money, an estimated £19M, into a trust fund for her great-grandchildren, including William and Harry and the Guardian reported that the brothers split about £6M of this trust at age 21, and Harry took the majority of that money to “compensate for not becoming sovereign.” They are meant to split another £8 million when they turn 40. So he’s estimated to be worth $60 million by some quarters, which isn’t too bad.

Reactions: 9
Hmm if Earthshot wasn't a vanity project, they would not have had a glitzy gala in Boston which none of the prizewinners were invited to and they would have spent more on funding more projects.
At least Earthshot is doing some useful good in the world like The Prince's Trust - a shame none of the prize winners were invited, what?! I thought they were and imo The Royal Foundation should have shelled out to fly them out to the event to honor those who've been coming up with such great ideas.

If I were Kate and did a carol service and made a big deal out of it becoming a legacy project - use it to raise money and awareness for Christian charities helping people with food banks or paying their electricity bills, that's a real need and churches and Christian charities have been stepping up to assist. Yearly choose what is going on in my nation to use it to draw donations from big wigs and the wealthy to help those who need it. As a Christian we need to do our best to follow Jesus's tenets of love and service.

Reactions: 5
At least Earthshot is doing some useful good in the world like The Prince's Trust - a shame none of the prize winners were invited, what?! I thought they were and imo The Royal Foundation should have shelled out to fly them out to the event to honor those who've been coming up with such great ideas.
They had to zoom in because of the environment but William, Kate, their entourage, David Beckham, Clara Amfo that I saw were all flown in from the UK. They should have just had it in the UK. I agree re the causes. I watched a bit. They were very impressive. But 5 projects got money, and the media never mentioned them, or the other really interesting and innovative finalists who didn't get anything. All that was reported was Kates rented dress, no mention of the who knows how many other outfits she wore on a 2 or 3 day trip that cost £££ including that ordinary looking brown trenchcoat that apparently cost a fortune.

Reactions: 14

If I were Kate and did a carol service and made a big deal out of it becoming a legacy project - use it to raise money and awareness for Christian charities helping people with food banks or paying their electricity bills, that's a real need and churches and Christian charities have been stepping up to assist. Yearly choose what is going on in my nation to use it to draw donations from big wigs and the wealthy to help those who need it. As a Christian we need to do our best to follow Jesus's tenets of love and service.
Can they be seen to be helping just Christian charities? Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m not really sure, but I don’t think they help Islamic, Hindu, Jewish, Sikh, etc charities?

Reactions: 2
The royals can make a massive difference. A GP friend told me that after The Queen spoke publicly about getting her Covid vaccine there was a huge surge in older people coming forward to have theirs.
The younger ones need to do more though, I agree. Every year they reveal how many engagements royals have done and it's always Anne who has done the most. But important to remember that they count having someone to lunch or tea as an 'engagement' so perhaps not as impressive as the numbers suggest.

Reactions: 12
They had to zoom in because of the environment but William, Kate, their entourage, David Beckham, Clara Amfo that I saw were all flown in from the UK. They should have just had it in the UK. I agree re the causes. I watched a bit. They were very impressive. But 5 projects got money, and the media never mentioned them, or the other really interesting and innovative finalists who didn't get anything. All that was reported was Kates rented dress, no mention of the who knows how many other outfits she wore on a 2 or 3 day trip that cost £££ including that ordinary looking brown trenchcoat that apparently cost a fortune.
Kate’s fashion is her biggest selling point. I think she should lean into this and do something for the British fashion council, fashion degrees at universities and colleges etc and really build on brand ‘made in the UK’. Or at least ‘designed in the UK’. Her stylist is such a dolt, she’s missing a trick here.

Reactions: 10

That would be a great idea. Maybe they can't be overtly just Christisn charities but many food banks are linked to churches. I didn't realise it didn't raise money for charity.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.