The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm if Earthshot wasn't a vanity project, they would not have had a glitzy gala in Boston full of celebs which none of the prizewinners were invited to and they would have spent more on funding more projects.
Wait, so that was true that none of the prizewinners were invited and had to zoom in?? Dang, I thought that was some weird rumour created by people really invested in the Meghan + Harry v. Will + Kate drama, to make W+K look bad hahah. But I guess they did it on their own!

Reactions: 1
Wait, so that was true that none of the prizewinners were invited and had to zoom in?? Dang, I thought that was some weird rumour created by people really invested in the Meghan + Harry v. Will + Kate drama, to make W+K look bad hahah. But I guess they did it on their own!
I didn’t see the show on tv but quite a few people were unimpressed.

Reactions: 4
I don't believe they were more popular than the other Royals, it was because Meghan was a new member of the Royal family and people wanted to see her etc.
People were happy for Harry and wanted to wish them both well. Should they have been shunned by the public? Can you imagine how that would have gone down. In the 6 months or so from formal engagement to marriage surely Meghan would have had time to realise that becoming a member of the Royal family was not what she had anticipated? She could have opted out of marriage. Harry wouldn't have wanted to subject her to a life of persecution, trauma and undisguised racism. He knew how evil his family were..yet he cruelly dragged M to the altar and married her at gunpoint..

Reactions: 3
46% described themselves as Christian, 37% as non religious, a little more than 10% other religions. So England and Wales are still plurality Christian as I said

48% want to strip Harry and Meghan of their royal titles, 27% don't, only 25% don't care
So about a 50/50 split then like I said 😏

Reactions: 7
46% described themselves as Christian, 37% as non religious, a little more than 10% other religions. So England and Wales are still plurality Christian as I said
A lot of people describe themselves as Christian because they went to the local CofE school but haven’t seen the inside of a church for years or give any thought to religion. Certainly the fact that so many UK churches are so empty these days wouldn’t back up the 46%

Reactions: 12
A lot of people describe themselves as Christian because they went to the local CofE school but haven’t seen the inside of a church for years or give any thought to religion. Certainly the fact that so many UK churches are so empty these days wouldn’t back up the 46%
So what. They still describe themselves as Christian, even if you only go to Church at Christmas or Easter or weddings or funerals if you describe yourself as Christian you are Christian. Cathedrals and evangelical churches are regularly full every Sunday

So about a 50/50 split then like I said 😏
No, almost 2 to 1 to strip Harry and Meghan of their royal titles with a quarter undecided

Reactions: 1
So what. They still describe themselves as Christian, even if you only go to Church at Christmas or Easter or weddings or funerals if you describe yourself as Christian you are Christian. Cathedrals and evangelical churches are regularly full every Sunday
I used to play hockey every week and therefore was a hockey player, a person who doesn’t actively practice christianity isn’t really a Christian either despite which box they tick and therefore it has very little influence on their every day decisions. I’d describe very few of the people I know as friends, acquaintances or colleagues as having a true allegiance to any faith and of those who do most are non christian, it’s not a bad thing though. It’s very different to when I was a child over 40 years ago when all the kids I knew went to Sunday school.

Reactions: 5
I used to play hockey every week and therefore was a hockey player, a person who doesn’t actively practice christianity isn’t really a Christian either despite which box they tick and therefore it has very little influence on their every day decisions. I’d describe very few of the people I know as friends, acquaintances or colleagues as having a true allegiance to any faith and of those who do most are non christian, it’s not a bad thing though. It’s very different to when I was a child over 40 years ago when all the kids I knew went to Sunday school.
Yes they are, as unlike Hockey you don't need to 'play' Christianity and attend services every week to be a Christian, or even pray regularly or read the bible. Just believe in Christ and feel culturally Christian.

Reactions: 5

No, almost 2 to 1 to strip Harry and Meghan of their royal titles with a quarter undecided
48 per cent isn't most people Hun. It's half the people. Half the people who carried out the survey want to strip them of their title. Not most.

Reactions: 8
48 per cent isn't most people Hun. It's half the people. Half the people who carried out the survey want to strip them of their title. Not most.
48% to 27% is nearly 2 to 1 for stripping them of their royal titles. Those who abstain don't count either way, just as if you don't vote your opinion is irrelevant

• Wow
There’s no need to get snippy, I don’t know what you mean about ‘plurality Christian’?
A plurality is the largest minority when nothing has an outright majority.

Yes they are, as unlike Hockey you don't need to 'play' Christianity and attend services every week to be a Christian, or even pray regularly or read the bible. Just believe in Christ and feel culturally Christian.
Loads of people tick Christian on things like that without ever attending church. My mum and grandma consistently tick Presbyterian on our census but they don’t believe in god and haven’t attended church since she got married in the 80s, she just ticks it out of habit. Looking at church attendances, she is certainly one of many. Is it ridiculous? Yes, but they grew up thinking the word atheist was a wally like Richard Dawkins so they don’t relate to it.
Honestly, William is going to be head of the church and I really don’t get the vibe that he’s religious at all!

48% to 27% is nearly 2 to 1 for stripping them of their royal titles. Those who abstain don't count either way, just as if you don't vote your opinion is irrelevant
People who don’t care shouldn’t be discounted just to suit your beliefs. Their opinions matter, and their opinion is that the royals are irrelevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
He UK is culturally Christian and lots of people attended Christian churches, it really doesn’t make them Christian though. However I can see you’re very fixed in your views on this and other things and it’s not really relevant to the post so probably time to move on.

Reactions: 10
He UK is culturally Christian and lots of people attended Christian churches, it really doesn’t make them Christian though. However I can see you’re very fixed in your views on this and other things and it’s not really relevant to the post so probably time to move on.
Yes it does, given globally the main division is still between Christianity and Islam. We are still a Christian heritage country, even agnostics can still be culturally Christian.

It is very relevant to this post given the King is still Supreme Governor of our national established Christian church

Yes it does, given globally the main division is still between Christianity and Islam. We are still a Christian heritage country, even agnostics can still be culturally Christian.

It is very relevant to this post given the King is still Supreme Governor of our national established Christian church
What does Islam have to do with us potentially being a Christian country?

Reactions: 6

Hang on, I was moving on but I feel the need to comment on this. Are you really trying to say that people who don’t care less about Christianity are still defined as being Christian just because of where they’re born? Totally ridiculous stance.

Reactions: 9
What does Islam have to do with us potentially being a Christian country?
A lot if by 2100 we were plurality Muslim

Hang on, I was moving on but I feel the need to comment on this. Are you really trying to say that people who don’t care less about Christianity are still defined as being Christian just because of where they’re born? Totally ridiculous stance.
Culturally as long as they are not confirmed atheists or members of another religion, in my view yes

She’s forgotten the King is defender of all faiths apparently.
He will be defender of the Christian Anglican faith still in his coronation oath, just promise to recognise all faiths too

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Can they be seen to be helping just Christian charities? Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m not really sure, but I don’t think they help Islamic, Hindu, Jewish, Sikh, etc charities?
Charles went to visit a Jewish community centre earlier today (and danced with Anne Frank's stepsister). The centre's chief executive said that Charles had turned up with a boot full of rice and tinned tuna to go into the packages and hampers the centre was putting together for local residents.

I wonder if he did similar with the gurdwara he visited a couple of weeks ago which feeds people every day or gave a donation? You only hear about it if the charity mentions it as above. Certainly it was made public that Queen Elizabeth had made a substantial personal donation to the IRC appeal for Ukraine.

Reactions: 8
A lot if by 2100 we were plurality Muslim

Culturally as long as they are not confirmed atheists or members of another religion, in my view yes
Wait, so people who put ‘don’t care’ as a response on surveys don’t count in your eyes, unless they’re putting ‘don’t care’ about their religion on a census, in which case it means they’re still Christians? 😂😂😂 You’re going to pull a muscle with all that reaching!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.