The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That doesn't come across well. Harry looked like even he was thinking wtf. Must have been filmed before the Queen died. Anyway she already said that fergie had to teach her to curtsey before she met the Queen so one of those stories is clearly bullshit. Even 30 seconds of instruction from fergie would produce something better than that.

It is weird that they curtsey behind doors but I guess they'd say it's a mark of respect to the head of the family. I think it's another of those things that will change now the Queen is gone. It's optional for people meeting them isn't it?

I haven't watched any of the documentary yet but it sounds like there's no new revelations and, yet again, Harry comes across as the idiot who didn't prepare his new girlfriend in any way for meeting his family.
Oh, I don’t know. I’d imagine Liz Truss had been practicing for weeks but she still managed to look like Mrs Overall

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Or just threaten him with a DNA test…
I mean, I don’t buy the whole Harry Hewitt thing, but if I was Charles I’d pretend to have my doubts, just to mess a bit more with his head. Wouldn’t hurt (well, yes, it would and that’s the point) to drop a little suggestion 😈

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
That doesn't come across well. Harry looked like even he was thinking wtf. Must have been filmed before the Queen died. Anyway she already said that fergie had to teach her to curtsey before she met the Queen so one of those stories is clearly bullshit. Even 30 seconds of instruction from fergie would produce something better than that.

It is weird that they curtsey behind doors but I guess they'd say it's a mark of respect to the head of the family. I think it's another of those things that will change now the Queen is gone. It's optional for people meeting them isn't it?

I haven't watched any of the documentary yet but it sounds like there's no new revelations and, yet again, Harry comes across as the idiot who didn't prepare his new girlfriend in any way for meeting his family.
Yep. Nothing new. I can’t see te RF being overly worried by anything so far

Reactions: 1
I mean, I don’t buy the whole Harry Hewitt thing, but if I was Charles I’d pretend to have my doubts, just to mess a bit more with his head. Wouldn’t hurt (well, yes, it would and that’s the point) to drop a little suggestion 😈
Do we really think that the DNA of both William and Harry wasn’t taken at birth and the results long known?

Reactions: 11
They seem to genuinely hate the Royal family and all it stands for. Not a problem. Many do. Not many who are calling themselves duke and duchess though 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Do we really think that the DNA of both William and Harry wasn’t taken at birth and the results long known?
Yeah, yeah, but I’d just drop the hint there might have been foul play and let it hang 😈 Harry might just be thick enough to believe there was something in it.

This has made me angry. She is taking the piss out of the Queen. :mad: So disrespectful.

She‘s so disrespectful to mock the Queen like that. 🤬
The same Queen who she forced out a single tear for a photo opp at her funeral. (Has previously stated she can cry on demand)
Harry should be ashamed of himself that he allowed that to be filmed and then aired.
Hand back the titles if you find the Royal Family so abhorrent. Oh you can’t because it’s all about the money, kerching, kerching and you’re nothing without them.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I hope the RF stop pretending it's all fine and stop inviting them to things now. It's so fake. Sounds like they have made a fair few digs at Kate and William and at Charles so why pretend it's all hunky dory? I think "much loved members of the family" might be another policy that has gone with the Queen.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She‘s so disrespectful to mock the Queen like that. 🤬
The same Queen who she forced out a single tear for a photo opp at her funeral. (Has previously stated she can cry on demand)
Harry should be ashamed of himself that he allowed that to be filmed and then aired.
Hand back the titles if you find the Royal Family so abhorrent. Oh you can’t because it’s all about the money, kerching, kerching and you’re nothing without them.
I agree they should stop using the titles ( I'm not sure they can hand them back. They are who they are. It's what the system is like, no matter how unsavoury the character. Andrew is still the Duke of York- an ancient title, tarnished forever and he will never relinquish that voluntarily). I had more respect for them when they said they had refused titles for their children, rather than them being upset because they wouldn't have one.

Reactions: 4
I agree they should stop using the titles ( I'm not sure they can hand them back. They are who they are. It's what the system is like, no matter how unsavoury the character. Andrew is still the Duke of York- an ancient title, tarnished forever and he will never relinquish that voluntarily). I had more respect for them when they said they had refused titles for their children, rather than them being upset because they wouldn't have one.
I had more respect for them then as well. They'd actually have a lot more support and be much more of a threat to the monarchy if they had given up their titles when they left and if they had done something more constructive with three past 3 years.

Reactions: 6
Maybe Meghan is exaggerating about the curtsey thing. She is an actress after all.

• Sick
Maybe Meghan is exaggerating about the curtsey thing. She is an actress after all.
Of course she's exaggerating. There's no way she did that in real life! I think it comes across really badly but maybe that's because the Queen has died since. Harry definitely looks uncomfortable during that clip though. She's using his grandmother for an easy laugh and she was ill at the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Be interesting to see where they go from here. They've pretty much said all they can. I cannot imagine there's much new info to share that they haven't already. It will probably take a fair bit of time to get through that $100m.
Not really. They've not revealed anything much.

If they wanted to go nuclear they could state that William did have affairs in the past, Philip did have his bit on the side, mention who made the racist comment, etc. That would get them far more money but there would be no going back for him.

Reactions: 8

If they wanted to go nuclear they could state that William did have affairs in the past, Philip did have his bit on the side, mention who made the racist comment, etc. That would get them far more money but there would be no going back for him.
Are they not saying those things because they want to preserve some kind of family relationship or because they have no proof and would be in a world of legal trouble if they did? I think it's the latter.
I've started watching it now. They've actually come across well as a couple so far but the way they build up their love story as some kind of fairy tale is just not for me. There's a lot of archive footage and photos with voiceovers so it's dragging a bit and I'm only 20 minutes in.

I think this is why the Royals won't cut him off completely. If there is definitely no going back he could just hit the nuclear button. I mean, I think he has burnt his bridges with William in particular, so he probably won't reconcile, but he can pretend it was his choice. If they cut him adrift, he can just spill all the family secrets. He has nothing to lose.

Reactions: 5
Yeah, yeah, but I’d just drop the hint there might have been foul play and let it hang 😈 Harry might just be thick enough to believe there was something in it.
I have to disagree with this. It would do so much damage to Harry. I know he isn’t behaving well but that would be a horrible low. I think Charles is better than that.

I think this is why the Royals won't cut him off completely. If there is definitely no going back he could just hit the nuclear button. I mean, I think he has burnt his bridges with William in particular, so he probably won't reconcile, but he can pretend it was his choice. If they cut him adrift, he can just spill all the family secrets. He has nothing to lose.
But eventually, if all they keep coming up with is the same story (and as far as I can see there is nothing new in the documentary so far), then people will get bored. So if there is anything juicy then they need to save that for later. I think the boats are already well burnt myself. But I do wonder how much more of interest they have to say. If the royal family think not much more than what they have said so far and all they can do is keep repeating the same thing then they can keep ignoring them. They won’t do more damage than has already been done.

• Haha
I've not watched, because I don't want to add to their views
But read a few articles. All a bit boring isn't it? Alot is just rehashed.

Also, he can't go nuclear on his family. Because he isn't squeaky clean himself.

Reactions: 7
There's also an order on who curtsy's to who (Kate curtsy's to Charles but Camila curtsy's to her) in private too. The Christmas at Sandringham with the Queen also sounds like a barrel of laughs - I hope it's less stuffy this year with Charles as king now
Camilla was always higher in rank than Kate. She is definitely not curtsying to her. Probably only when she is on her own and Kate is with William- but this little tidbit of royal hierarchy could not apply now thanks to their latest promotions.

Reactions: 4
Of course she's exaggerating. There's no way she did that in real life! I think it comes across really badly but maybe that's because the Queen has died since. Harry definitely looks uncomfortable during that clip though. She's using his grandmother for an easy laugh and she was ill at the time.
The thing is to the outside world the curtseying thing may sound daft but you are talking about an institution that is over 1000 years old and steeped in tradition and protocol. It is what it is. To those in TRF it will be second nature to them.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.