The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Caring empathetic soft human Meghan who had systematically fell out with every relation and friend she’s ever had…………at some point it’s not everyone else, it’s you.
But she didn’t - she has plenty of friends and the doco features her niece who she’s close with. It’s simply false to say she fell out with every friend and relation.

why not just stick to real things to criticise? I’m sure you can find plenty.

Personally, I liked the doco. The focus on the British media was interesting and I hope that’s the direction they push on in for the next episodes. A few moments were a bit corny, but it’s better than I thought it was going to be. I see why they made it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
She said when they first met it was quite formal? Those photos were taken a time after.
Is it formal to not want to hug someone you’ve just met? Bearing in mind how guarded they must be to new people. Maybe I’m one of those stuffy Brits but if I turned up to meet my brothers girlfriend for the first time and she’s stood there barefoot leaning in for a hug it wouldn’t be a great first impression and I’d wonder what on earth she’s doing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Is it formal to not want to hug someone you’ve just met? Bearing in mind how guarded they must be to new people. Maybe I’m one of those stuffy Brits but if I turned up to meet my brothers girlfriend for the first time and she’s stood there barefoot leaning in for a hug it wouldn’t be a great first impression and I’d wonder what on earth she’s doing.
To her it was formal because she’s from a more relaxed background.
I also would find the unusual if I met my brother’s girlfriend and she was barefoot and went in for a hug straight away because I come from quite a formal background.
Meghan is just sharing her experience, similarly if William or Kate spoke they’d probably say the opposite.

Reactions: 8
The DM more or less admitting that the documentary is nit as bad as they made out with their next slew of 50 articles ( including one by an MP urging people to boycott Netflix, which will he ignored) thst ' next week will be poison!!!' They have dragged trailer trash Samantha Markle out again@

Reactions: 5
To her it was formal because she’s from a more relaxed background.
I also would find the unusual if I met my brother’s girlfriend and she was barefoot and went in for a hug straight away because I come from quite a formal background.
Meghan is just sharing her experience, similarly if William or Kate spoke they’d probably say the opposite.
I'd probably put a pair of shoes on as well

Reactions: 5
It’s just different people. My personal space is mine and hugging anyone requires a 10 second warning and bracing against :cool: A nice nod suffices. My aunt hugs perfect strangers with reckless abandon. My cousin has started telling people it’s her age.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
But she didn’t - she has plenty of friends and the doco features her niece who she’s close with. It’s simply false to say she fell out with every friend and relation.

why not just stick to real things to criticise? I’m sure you can find plenty.

Personally, I liked the doco. The focus on the British media was interesting and I hope that’s the direction they push on in for the next episodes. A few moments were a bit corny, but it’s better than I thought it was going to be. I see why they made it.
The niece didn't get a wedding invite though did she?

Reactions: 6
The niece didn't get a wedding invite though did she?
She was advised not to attend because her mother had a difficult relationship with Meghan.
I do recall two members of her family from her mother’s side at her wedding and they were sat with everyone else but I can’t recall their names. I saw some photos of them.

She was advised not to attend because her mother had a difficult relationship with Meghan.
I do recall two members of her family from her mother’s side at her wedding and they were sat with everyone else but I can’t recall their names. I saw some photos of them.
Pretty sure it was just her mother.

Reactions: 2
I'm watching episode 2 now. The press intrusion part is very interesting. I think they do come across quire well, and it's quite sweet. I think their greatest 'crime' is that they have exposed what the press did when they were dating. Also, the meeting The Queen bit, if she was told minutes before that she was meeting The Queen, that is a lot to take in in a short space of time.

Reactions: 12
The DM more or less admitting that the documentary is nit as bad as they made out with their next slew of 50 articles ( including one by an MP urging people to boycott Netflix, which will he ignored) thst ' next week will be poison!!!' They have dragged trailer trash Samantha Markle out again@
I see there’s a former royal chef coming out to play now white knighting outage
It’s quite funny really.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think meghan comes from showbiz where everyone hugs and is tactile, Kate from a much more formal background. It's simply a culture clash. I hug friends and family, would def hug a brother's gf, particularly if I knew our family was intimidating. I'm British, middle-class and same age as Kate. I just think her and William are stiff and formal with people, you can see it in public appearances. It doesn't mean they're not nice but they don't have knack of making people feel at ease. Diana had it, Harry has it, Meghan has it. The rest don't really. Nothing wrong with that, but when your "job" is meeting strangers, making small talk etc it's a good skill to have.

Reactions: 17
It’s just different people. My personal space is mine and hugging anyone requires a 10 second warning and bracing against :cool: A nice nod suffices. My aunt hugs perfect strangers with reckless abandon. My cousin has started telling people it’s her age.
Agree. I'm not a hugger either,. I have friends like me who don't hug, and friends that do. I will conform to the hugger ones. I appreciate that you don't hug Royals, and probably wouldn't go in for one even if I was a hugger, but it is a cultural difference, not a grievous insult to the nation.

Reactions: 10
Agree. I'm not a hugger either,. I have friends like me who don't hug, and friends that do. I will conform to the hugger ones. I appreciate that you don't hug Royals, and probably wouldn't go in for one even if I was a hugger, but it is a cultural difference, not a grievous insult to the nation.
Much of it is. The clumsy curtseying, the hugging, the naiveté about the whole thing...it's all very over-eager and very American. I think Harry has to take some fault for the way he went about things and this is where W&K got it right...there's a lot of preparation and easing in that needs to happen if a woman is marrying in to that Family.

Much of it is. The clumsy curtseying, the hugging, the naiveté about the whole thing...it's all very over-eager and very American. I think Harry has to take some fault for the way he went about things and this is where W&K got it right...there's a lot of preparation and easing in that needs to happen if a woman is marrying in to that Family.
Not knowing about another culture, and especially something that only happens in the Royal family isn't an insult to the nation. Also, if a family is so unwelcoming and so difficult, even after the disasters of Diana and Fergie that anyone joining needs 10 years to have their own personality completely subsumed, then that is not necessarily the fault of the person on the outside. Part of Harry's resentment is because no one in their right minds wanted to put up with it. Its not the Court of Henry viii anymore. If a woman wants a life of wealth and riches, she can either do it herself or marry a hedge funder.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.