The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like she was still thinking it through more than a year later. 😬

So much for "formality".

Maybe if she was a better actress we'd all know what she was getting at ;) and no matter what deluded Harry thinks of her, she is a confirmed pathological liar and that doesn't make a good person by whatever definition you can manufacture.
That's the only similarity with the royals she should've blended right in 😂

Reactions: 1
He’s got no friends left to invite to a garden party may aswell stock up on teddies 😬
C779ED80-47CB-4F78-87C6-E51B70DF6596.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I thought he proposed when she was cooking a chicken? What happened to that story? Now it was a picnic?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I thought he proposed when she was cooking a chicken? What happened to that story? Now it was a picnic?
In the documentary, he literally said she was 'greasing a chicken', so yes they were cooking. They had a picnic with the food they cooked after.

She said when they first met it was quite formal? Those photos were taken a time after.
Exactly. And that interaction with William was still quite formal. Despite the DM saying Meghan insulted Kate's formality 🙄, it was clear she did not mean it as an insult, only as a difference she did not anticipate. I mean people literally navigate these differences with their Average Joe in-laws, much less their Royal in-laws. None of this is shocking or controversial or disparaging to the Family.

Reactions: 13
I'm sure the thousands upon thousands of people who are having to choose between a meal and heating are absolutely bummed out by the fact that Meghan Markle could only wear neutrals during her brief stint as a working royal.

What. A. Tragedy.

Let's all share this moment of silence and grieve for the Duchess of Sussex and her many navy, cream, camel colored outfits. When she really wanted to wear lime green like Her Majesty, red like Camilla, or deep green like Kate.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I've been doomscrolling and reading some Tweets about this series and something struck me. The loudest critics go on and on about how Harry & Meghan should shut up and are money-hungry famewhores but the huge irony is whenever H&M speak, the haters go into overdrive producing content which they've monetised and trying to get views...which are the VERY things they accuse H&M of.

The dissonance is kinda terrifying.

Look at one of the worst offenders...AccordingtoTaz. Her YouTube channel is 96% filled with MM content. Whyyyyy would anyone spend hours creating content about someone who sickens them so much? It's all about the $$$$. Which is beyond hypocritical but also goes to show that for these people, the truth is irrelevant. Hating Meghan is their golden goose. I think I even read that Taz bought a house off of her YT earnings. What a sad world when hate is so profitable ☹

P.S. that YT Body language guy is also a Grade A charlatan. 🙄

FjSqluiWQAAQBri.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think she is being self-deprecating but in an "I didn't know about their weird traditions so it's not really my fault" kind of way. Like it's just another part of her "I'm just a cute innocent American who didn't know any better and nobody would help me" act. It still makes Harry's family the butt of the joke and implies that they're in the wrong for being so weird. I know it is odd to curtsey to your family but they are royal so it's not a total shocker.
I feel like she said "I didn't know" a lot in the documentary and everytime she said it I thought a) where was your husband? and b) she was implying that she didn't know because it was all so strange and stupid.
Even the walkabout thing. Are we really expected to believe that there was no one who could give her some guidance beforehand. Would the RF really just send her off on a walkabout to represent them in public with absolutely zero guidance on what to do or what to wear. Or that it never occurred to her or Harry that they could just Google some images of other royal women on walkabouts. They had plenty of staff she could ask about things like this as well.
Why is she playing dumb all the time? It's like she thinks it's cute or endearing but it just makes her seem like an idiot and Harry seem like he just couldn't bear to tell her any kind of bad news or place any expectations on her so he let her fail instead so he could avoid any awkward conversations.
The thing is- even if no one told her- her own husband has been on walkabouts. With royal women. He should have told her. He could have asked Kate to drop by or to send over staff for 1h to cover this. Kate got years of being eased into it (and lots of criticism for this). It’s not as if H wasn’t aware? They perpetuate a lot of storylines that make either no sense or actually paint H in a bad light.

Who calls their friends when you’re about to be proposed to? Who screen records said conversations when you’re getting proposed to? Who screen grabs texts from first dates?
I really really hope this was an acted out again for the production. And maybe happened after the fact? It’s really happening….. saying yes to a Prince. I am getting married. Because their version. sounds so much like one of those teenage idea of romance that are actually absolutely not romantic if you think it true.

On second thought- could be down to editing. She might have been on the phone while cooking and that’s when H decides to pop the question. But the editing made it look as if was popping the question in this blurry picture outside.

Last edited:
The public demanded that as payment for their presence - the Queen wanted ot keep them safe at Balmoral - but the public was baying for blood so they all had to go to London. It is pretty awful.
While I'd moved down south to central Scotland by the time of Diana's death, my parents still lived not far from Balmoral. The whole area just closed ranks around.

I remember thinking that there were two bereaved young boys here and their grandparents were rightly looking after them while their father dashed around making arrangements, bringing their mother's body home, and so on. I also remember that it was bloody typical that London thought that it was the centre of the frigging universe, demanding that a bereaved family dance to their tune because their little feelyweely feelings were hurt that they weren't being given priority. Instead of stoking the fires, Blair should have made the two boys a priority and told the baying mob to back off to give them space to mourn.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I will say - I don’t get all the drama. It’s way better and way nicer than I expected.
H&M act like the Hollywood celebrities they now are and this is way less performative as if they would have tried to maintain some more traditional royal angles. The whole production is classic Hollywood/ modern story telling. It’s actually well done. The look and feel is good. Clean reality tv. The talking heads, the filming angles…. They over dramatise but that’s the business. And what we know of them.
Their relationship looks way more genuine. Could also be down to good editing though. They perpetuate certain narratives. H protecting, M bring very motherly. Their love story is extraordinary and sooo much the real thing. And I mean we all do this, we just don’t need to convince anyone else of this.
I think they made clever decisions in touching on the good experiences in their childhood and accompanied it with good looking material. Charles trying to make his toddler into the camera was so normal. They touched many things I had wondered about and the explanation was coherent and reasonable. I actually agree with the interpretation of her trying to be self deprecating in the curtsy scene. It’s a bit sloppy, because again it looks as if H missed an important moment to help his wife settle in. F*****g up your curtsy, in the beginning because you are nervous is no biggie though? I think Sophie has talked about it too. There are also story’s about Christmas at Sandringham and those „quirks“ and pictures of them curtsying after church every year. All with constant criticism of who curtsied better, discussing posture….Not exactly hard to find out about.
In general the digs against the family are really boring. They are formal behind close doors? Wary of outsiders? Press offices working against each other? Hello? That’s being discussed for over 30 years now.
They have racial bias? Hell yes they do. We all do. Being aware and able to reflect and act differently - that’s the whole point.
They are on thin ice though if they try to emphasise on the racist, colonial, sexist, and what not -ist fundament of Britain and the monarchy if they are not willing to act and give up their connection to the institution. They can give up the titles and their place in the LoS. They over emphasis racism in the Brexit decision. It played definitely a part, but the result of the referendum had many factors. It’s a bit superficial to not put it into the bigger context if you must touch on it.
All in all: nice entertainment. It won’t hurt the RF but might actually help them to not look completely delusional anymore.

Reactions: 16
They are on thin ice though if they try to emphasise on the racist, colonial, sexist, and what not -ist fundament of Britain and the monarchy if they are not willing to act and give up their connection to the institution. They can give up the titles and their place in the LoS. They over emphasis racism in the Brexit decision. It played definitely a part, but the result of the referendum had many factors. It’s a bit superficial to not put it into the bigger context if you must touch on it.
I think you hit the nail on the head there!
I wonder if they tried to make Brexit and Brexit voters look like Trump and his supporters? This was obviously made for the American market and I don’t think the average American would really get the nuances of Brexit so they’ve watered it down to be like Brexit voters - racist white people.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
For someone who is so empathetic, caring and warm why does Meghan seem to say she can’t wrap her head around people behaving differently to how she does? I wouldn’t throw my arms around a siblings new partner at the first meeting, it’s not that odd and she should respect Kate & Will’s boundary on that, not being implying it’s terrible and unwelcoming and didn’t make her feel good.

I’m sure members of the royal family can wear the same colour. I’ve seen them wear shades of blue to the same event. Ok so the Queen always stood out and you couldn’t wear that colour. But equally you could find out what colour they were planning surely. They’re not stood in front of their wardrobe on the morning trying to decide what to pick to wear.

That Liz Jones wearing white article is utter tripe. Meghan was at work in those images, not feeding the chickens, walking the dogs or about to get toddler paint splattered on her. It’s stupid stuff like that which feeds into their narrative of the press treat Meghan differently to Kate and she can never do any right in their eyes.

Reactions: 14
I will say - I don’t get all the drama. It’s way better and way nicer than I expected.
H&M act like the Hollywood celebrities they now are and this is way less performative as if they would have tried to maintain some more traditional royal angles. The whole production is classic Hollywood/ modern story telling. It’s actually well done. The look and feel is good. Clean reality tv. The talking heads, the filming angles…. They over dramatise but that’s the business. And what we know of them.
Their relationship looks way more genuine. Could also be down to good editing though. They perpetuate certain narratives. H protecting, M bring very motherly. Their love story is extraordinary and sooo much the real thing. And I mean we all do this, we just don’t need to convince anyone else of this.
I think they made clever decisions in touching on the good experiences in their childhood and accompanied it with good looking material. Charles trying to make his toddler into the camera was so normal. They touched many things I had wondered about and the explanation was coherent and reasonable. I actually agree with the interpretation of her trying to be self deprecating in the curtsy scene. It’s a bit sloppy, because again it looks as if H missed an important moment to help his wife settle in. F*****g up your curtsy, in the beginning because you are nervous is no biggie though? I think Sophie has talked about it too. There are also story’s about Christmas at Sandringham and those „quirks“ and pictures of them curtsying after church every year. All with constant criticism of who curtsied better, discussing posture….Not exactly hard to find out about.
In general the digs against the family are really boring. They are formal behind close doors? Wary of outsiders? Press offices working against each other? Hello? That’s being discussed for over 30 years now.
They have racial bias? Hell yes they do. We all do. Being aware and able to reflect and act differently - that’s the whole point.
All in all: nice entertainment. It won’t hurt the RF but might actually help them to not look completely delusional anymore.
I think the likes of the Cottage Industry YouTube channels and commentators and the Daily Mail have spent so long anticipating and deciding what they were going to say and do, with wilder and wilder speculation that (for the first 3 at least) they can’t admit they’ve been had and that there is nothing new and nothing that is going to give The Monarchy so much as a flesh a flesh wound such that they are the ones trying to make the content more interesting and scandalous to justify the fact that they are the ones that can’t let it go.

I guess all they can do now is forget about the first 3 and start to whip up anticipation for just how terrible and monarchy bringing downy the next 3 are going to be.

• Heart
The Monarchy so much as a flesh a flesh wound such that they are the ones trying to make the content more interesting and scandalous to justify the fact that they are the ones that can’t let it go.
I doubt they cared less what was going to be in the documentary. They just want hysterical content. They will have endless micro studies of Meghan's every move plus trawling the Internet for cheap content. Of course they won't damage the Royal Family. They were never going to do so. If they were, the press would have been told to not report anything about them. If anything, they are being used as a human shield to protect the rest of the family from any kind of serious scrutiny, because whatever they do is always compared favourably to Meghan in particular. If the press cared less about the Royal Family, they would have written about Camillas domestic violence event instead of Lady Susan Hussey, and about the winners if the Earthshot Prize instead of Kates clothes. Dan Wooten would have genuinely laid flowers at QEIi's memorial instead of trying to take the perfect shot 4 times with a photographer. If Harry and Meghan were silent, it will be open season in the rest of them, and they all know it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I guess it was clumsy from the producers / director of the series to leave in a scene that can be misinterpreted so easily.
Make no mistake netflix knew exactly what they were doing leaving it in, same as with them including the 2015 video. They care not about Meg and Haz(been), they care for ratings, exposure and people talking about them, sharing it on social media helps with that.

Reactions: 2
Make no mistake netflix knew exactly what they were doing leaving it in, same as with them including the 2015 video. They care not about Meg and Haz(been), they care for ratings, exposure and people talking about them, sharing it on social media helps with that.
He’s hardly a has-been with millions of articles, social media posts and videos being posted about him and Meghan.

Reactions: 8
He’s hardly a has-been with millions of articles, social media posts and videos being posted about him and Meghan.
He has had quite the fall really from being a well respected military veteran advocating for and supporting good causes (especially his fellow service personnel) to being gossiped about on social media following a netflix reality show imo. People analysing their lies, the numerous revisions of their truth, the hypocrisy- pretty inspirational.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Caring empathetic soft human Meghan who had systematically fell out with every relation and friend she’s ever had…………at some point it’s not everyone else, it’s you.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Yes, there must be a reason that the Sussexes distanced themselves from it ("it is our story through someone else's lense") and that there was this flimsy disclaimer ("all interviews were completed before August 2022") in the beginning -> I suppose this disclaimer was added at the Sussexes' request.
Apparently they fell out with Netflix over it

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.