The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Charles isn't thick. Far from it. Harry obviously takes after Diana. He is his mother's son, as he likes to remind everyone.
I don't think any of them are the brains of Britain ( but that comes from generations of not having to use them!) but I think Charles is at least intellectually curious, like his father, so learns for learnings' sake. The rest of them are dim and don't really bother learning anything because they don't have to. There is no real jeopardy attached to them not. Charles was an outlier in the family.

Reactions: 13
A bit off topic: I really like the Lotus flower tiara. I think it is a much better choice for Kate than her usual Lover’s knot tiara.

Reactions: 10
I don't think any of them are the brains of Britain ( but that comes from generations of not having to use them!) but I think Charles is at least intellectually curious, like his father, so learns for learnings' sake. The rest of them are dim and don't really bother learning anything because they don't have to. There is no real jeopardy attached to them not. Charles was an outlier in the family.
I don’t think Anne is thick either. Quite quick-witted. I don’t know enough about Edward to say. Andrew has never struck me as very bright. Philip really did know a lot about a lot of things.

Reactions: 12
Nothing Harry says makes sense. He continually makes references to leaving the royal family because Diana died but her death came after she refused royal protection. There's no way she would have been allowed to get into a car with a drunk driver, no seat belt on if she'd still had British protective officers with her.
Why Dodi and Diana felt the need to leave the Ritz and drive to Dodi’s apartment is a mystery. All those paps around was madness to leave. This even before we knew the driver was drunk. Sense would have to stay put. They’d have got the best suite and not as though they wouldn’t have got a booking.

Reactions: 7
I saw a quote allegedly from a palace source that I thought added a good sense of rationale to everything going on. It basically said this documentary won't change much. By now people have made up their minds if they're team Sussex, team Royals or simply indifferent to both in the middle. There may be a few teetering on the edge of either side who will be pushed over by the doc but at the end of the day, if you hate the Sussexes you'll still hate them after tomorrow, if you love them, you'll still love them. The reality is that it's the press who are making this into a much bigger deal....if they weren't writing 20 stories a day about it would anyone actually be talking about it? Everyone I know knows I like to follow the royals and not one person has mentioned it to me.

Reactions: 21
Why Dodi and Diana felt the need to leave the Ritz and drive to Dodi’s apartment is a mystery. All those paps around was madness to leave. This even before we knew the driver was drunk. Sense would have to stay put. They’d have got the best suite and not as though they wouldn’t have got a booking.
The apartment was previously owned by the Duke of Windsor. The rumour was that Dodi was going to propose there. If true I think M Al Fayed would have seen that as a bit of a coup against the RF and he was encouraging Dodi to do that. even if the proposal part wasn’t true, her staying there would, if only in his mind, be sticking a finger up to the RF.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
I'm very new to the rf threads so I'm not sure if this has been said before but here are my two cents.

You cannot criticise the institution of the monarchy and talk about equality yet still carry the title of Prince and Duke and want that for your children, particularlywhen you live in a country which has no titles at all. True equality would mean that the monarchy would be abolished and only the elected head of state would have a title. Harry only has all his riches, privileges through generations on both sides of his family exploiting those in the commonwealth, Ireland and ordinary British people through serfdom, slavery, land grabs etc. Harry doesn't want fairness, he wants to play by his own rules and thinks that because he has a title we all care and want to listen. He and his wife have no discernable skills or intelligence much like most of his family, but thinks he is on the same level of his new friends like David Foster, Serena Williams etc.

Harry and meghan should've left the uk, gave up their titles and done one interview explaining everything then never talk again about it. All this dropping useless nuggests of non information is enough to piss us off but not enough for the Queen or our current king to pull the plug fully, which makes me think they still want back in but only if their demands are met. I wish the press/ media would stop covering them and giving them the oxygen to say absolutely duck all.

I also wish the press would stop blowing smoke up kates arse, she's a lazy boring glorified mannequin who does and has always done /said eff all of note or of interest. She's also particularly unacomplished when you compare her contemporaries like maxima, letitizia, mary, who all had amazing careers before marrying their princes. And before any of you say she worked in buying at jigsaw, my old manager worked on her dept and said Kate hardly turned up to work, did nothing whilst she was there and was only allowed to get the job cos of the press it generated for the brand.

From the sounds of it the job was something to keep her busy till she got married, and I think in this day and age, the three women married to the most prominent men in the UK (Charles Rishi and William) all had no jobs before getting married and lived off their parents. Could not stand Carrie Johnson or her husband but her career in her 20s pre Boris is astounding.

Reactions: 25
I'm very new to the rf threads so I'm not sure if this has been said before but here are my two cents.

You cannot criticise the institution of the monarchy and talk about equality yet still carry the title of Prince and Duke and want that for your children, particularlywhen you live in a country which has no titles at all. True equality would mean that the monarchy would be abolished and only the elected head of state would have a title. Harry only has all his riches, privileges through generations on both sides of his family exploiting those in the commonwealth, Ireland and ordinary British people through serfdom, slavery, land grabs etc. Harry doesn't want fairness, he wants to play by his own rules and thinks that because he has a title we all care and want to listen. He and his wife have no discernable skills or intelligence much like most of his family, but thinks he is on the same level of his new friends like David Foster, Serena Williams etc.

Harry and meghan should've left the uk, gave up their titles and done one interview explaining everything then never talk again about it. All this dropping useless nuggests of non information is enough to piss us off but not enough for the Queen or our current king to pull the plug fully, which makes me think they still want back in but only if their demands are met. I wish the press/ media would stop covering them and giving them the oxygen to say absolutely duck all.

I also wish the press would stop blowing smoke up kates arse, she's a lazy boring glorified mannequin who does and has always done /said eff all of note or of interest. She's also particularly unacomplished when you compare her contemporaries like maxima, letitizia, mary, who all had amazing careers before marrying their princes. And before any of you say she worked in buying at jigsaw, my old manager worked on her dept and said Kate hardly turned up to work, did nothing whilst she was there and was only allowed to get the job cos of the press it generated for the brand.

From the sounds of it the job was something to keep her busy till she got married, and I think in this day and age, the three women married to the most prominent men in the UK (Charles Rishi and William) all had no jobs before getting married and lived off their parents. Could not stand Carrie Johnson or her husband but her career in her 20s pre Boris is astounding.
I agree with some of that 😁

I have to admit I quite like Catherine as she's steady and enjoy seeing gown/tiara pics, shallow as that may be.

My favourite royal is Queen Margrethe however, she amuses me

Reactions: 2

No it wouldn't, the US has no royal family or aristocratic titles or Monarch but an elected President and yet is far more unequal than the UK with little to no welfare state and not even universal healthcare. I do agree with your comments on Harry however

Reactions: 2

Isn't Akshata Murthy a fashion designer? Probably in a Victoria Beckham way, as she has her fathers money behind her, but she does at least run a business. She also has a degree from Stanford. Camilla is an aristo, so she has never worked. Kate, yes spent her 20's saying ' how high?' to her mother and the Royals. She only pretended to work at Jigsaw because The Queen was concerned she was sitting around doing nothing and waiting for William. She is however, perfect for the Royals. The press blow smoke up her ass because Meghan exists.

Reactions: 10
Isn't Akshata Murthy a fashion designer? Probably in a Victoria Beckham way, as she has her fathers money behind her, but she does at least run a business.
She started the fashion business in 2009 and two years later it closed, so she's not a designer in any meaningful way.

I agree with some of that 😁

I have to admit I quite like Catherine as she's steady and enjoy seeing gown/tiara pics, shallow as that may be.

My favourite royal is Queen Margrethe however, she amuses me
She's a good clothes horse but I wish she'd wear a great variety of British designers, it's always the same people, she should support smaller brands. She may be princess but she'll never have the impact of Diana and call me a cynic, I don't think she'd do as much charity work if it wasn't to get her image up to her mother in law. I don't think Diana would've liked Kate or Meg but for different reasons, I do believe she would've liked Chelsey

Reactions: 9
Isn't Akshata Murthy a fashion designer? Probably in a Victoria Beckham way, as she has her fathers money behind her, but she does at least run a business. She also has a degree from Stanford. Camilla is an aristo, so she has never worked. Kate, yes spent her 20's saying ' how high?' to her mother and the Royals. She only pretended to work at Jigsaw because The Queen was concerned she was sitting around doing nothing and waiting for William. She is however, perfect for the Royals. The press blow smoke up her ass because Meghan exists.
From what I've read on here the blonde South African girlfriend (Chelsey) of Harry's had the same kind of non job like Kate with some poor sod doing the donkey work whilst the business took the kudos of having a Royal girlfriend working there. She didn't marry Harry, although they were together for years...

Reactions: 1
She started the fashion business in 2009 and two years later it closed, so she's not a designer in any meaningful way.

She's a good clothes horse but I wish she'd wear a great variety of British designers, it's always the same people, she should support smaller brands. She may be princess but she'll never have the impact of Diana and call me a cynic, I don't think she'd do as much charity work if it wasn't to get her image up to her mother in law. I don't think Diana would've liked Kate or Meg but for different reasons, I do believe she would've liked Chelsey
I don’t think Diana would have liked any gf/wife, she’d have tolerated them but she gives me vibes of mum who thinks she’s the most important woman in her sons life.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don’t think Diana would have liked any gf/wife, she’d have tolerated them but she gives me vibes of mum who thinks she’s the most important woman in her sons life.
i think she would have tried to compete with them

• Heart
Reactions: 15
i think she would have tried to compete with them
I agree. I think she would have been the mother in law from hell, whoever William and Harry married. Especially as she would have been on the outside as the ex wife of the King, while William and Harry and the wives would be Royals.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It suits her much better
My favourite tiara is the girls of Great Britain and Ireland (I properly love the George iv diadem but it’s not strictly a tiara). It would be such a shame if it was shelved due to its iconic status with the late queen. It would suit Catherine perfectly

My favourite tiara is the girls of Great Britain and Ireland (I properly love the George iv diadem but it’s not strictly a tiara). It would be such a shame if it was shelved due to its iconic status with the late queen. It would suit Catherine perfectly
I also think Queen Camilla qos look amazing in a kokoshnik tiara, but with all the issues with Russia, it would be a diplomatic nightmare

(Sorry, my acrylic nails are a bit too long, getting them sorted tomorrow. The PAINS of
My life - I almost think I need to commission a documentary on Netflix about my horrors.)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.