The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if H&M regret this already. Especially if many of their “hard” revelations are such gems as ‘there is a hierarchy in the family’. Even the planting stories against each other isn’t really a revelation nor the fact that the BRF is not solving problems with hot chocolate and a group hug. They won’t win anymore sympathies. The people that already think they are the victims will scream that’s proof. The ones that hate them will point out every ever so slightly misconstructed scene (already started). The rest will probably wonder why they are still whining.
A lot of this bad information about the RF is already out there. For decades. And has been discussed and analysed publicly a million times. In the end- people don’t care if unbelievable privileged people get unfair treatment at work sometimes. Or if daddy is always taking the siblings side.
They won’t touch PA- that would maybe swing people around. Or name the racist and give a transcript of the incident(s) and explain why whatever was said was received badly.
Or will we see a stubborn temper tantrum. We might have burned down the playground, but never admit it was a bad idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
They are out to make money and paint themselves as innocent victims - they don't regret one bit. They are deluded narcissists whose only concern is fame and fortune through the institution they supposedly hate so much but without the monarchy they have nothing - no titles, no 'secrets' to sell, nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
They won’t touch PA- that would maybe swing people around. Or name the racist and give a transcript of the incident(s) and explain why whatever was said was received badly.
I agree, I don’t think they will talk about Andrew or name names. Which makes me wonder why on earth Netflix paid out so much to them for this. What is the exclusive scoop they are giving? If it is just that different houses put things in the press, there’s a hierarchy etc then we already know that.

Reactions: 4
I agree, I don’t think they will talk about Andrew or name names. Which makes me wonder why on earth Netflix paid out so much to them for this. What is the exclusive scoop they are giving? If it is just that different houses put things in the press, there’s a hierarchy etc then we already know that.
Do they need to give a scoop though … look at the publicity they have garnered for nothing at all?
18 Daily Mail articles and counting … Piers gearing himself up … Judi James ready to go… Ingrid Seward and Dickie Arbiter ready with their opinions… countless YouTube experts ready with analysis of everything from speech and photographs. The cottage industry is already up and running.
They don't actually need to do anything at all.

Reactions: 9
Losing Diana, really fucked harry up. As i am sure it would any kid. I dont know why he cannot let his mum rest in peace. His wife was a two bit actress who just wanted palaces and fame.

If being out on their own meant they were truly happy then why dont they just ignore their English inlaws and move on. They are just bitter twisted spiteful unhappy people with nothing better to do. Meg hasn't even done as much a a hallmark movie since returning to America. Lazy entitled brats the lot of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
White is a colour. And FYI I know people who have been explicitly rejected for job applications because they are white.
I remember a positive discrimination campaign in the Civil service. Black and ethnic groups were invited to apply
Yes this is what I think. Carole is ambitious for her, and she did her bidding, then went straight into doing the RF's bidding. I agree with the PP who said if the Royals suddenly said they wanted to be more exciting, she'd be out there in a sparkly leotard, unquestionably. I think both Kate and William want the status of being King and Queen, as well as that status for their children, and will do the bare minimum required to achieve that. Whether what the Royals want will stop them becoming irrelevant in the future is another question. I think Kate is quite happy doing what she is told, and William is quite happy that he can basically do what he likes and his wife will let him.

I watched a bit of it and thought the same thing- William, Kate and their entourage, Clara Amfo, who is based in the UK and David Beckham, who is also based in the UK were the ones I saw. Also, all of the nominees were worthy. Surely the money spent on a glitzy celeb filled event could have been added to the £1m and maybe smaller prizes given to more of them?
I think that the nominees and the winners are doing excellent work, but overall it was too glitzy and showbizzy.

Reactions: 2
Do they need to give a scoop though … look at the publicity they have garnered for nothing at all?
18 Daily Mail articles and counting … Piers gearing himself up … Judi James ready to go… Ingrid Seward and Dickie Arbiter ready with their opinions… countless YouTube experts ready with analysis of everything from speech and photographs. The cottage industry is already up and running.
Which is one reason why I won't be watching ... I won't need to!!

I'll let everyone else watch it, sort out any juicy bits and watch the relevant clips and articles.

Reactions: 5
Which is very sad because as the Jubilee proved, Charles has a very good relationship with his grandchildren. The way Louis went and sat on Grandpa's lap like it was the most natural thing in the world. Probably a far cry to how Charles was treated by his grandparents.
Charles was adored by his grandmother and he loved her to bits. She was more of a mother to him than the Queen.

Reactions: 2
Can that sustain for 6 episodes though? I don’t know, I’m a bit perplexed by it all.

If Harry and Meghan had anything new to say or show maybe I’d watch but it’s going to be the same old rinse and repeat, my mum died, my dad didn’t give me any money, the whole of the UK is racist………they need a new song!

What I really want to know is...what the hell is this chord supposed to be, Harry? 😂

Screenshot_20221206_073615.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
remember a positive discrimination campaign in the Civil service. Black and ethnic groups were invited to apply
That's not positive discrimination, which is illegal. Its inviting people from Black and Minority groups to apply because they weren't getting enough applicants. They are still subject to the same interview processes. If a White person with better qualifications and experience was rejected, then they would be able to take that case to an employment tribunal.

Maybe for those still loyal to Diana but I think KC is pretty stable whatever H and M come up with..
I think ( may be wrong) that it would be a nail in the coffin re Charles relationship with Harry. As you said, Charles is King and that's that. I think Camilla has really redeemed herself over the last few years,.

Reactions: 7
Which is one reason why I won't be watching ... I won't need to!!

I'll let everyone else watch it, sort out any juicy bits and watch the relevant clips and articles.
Yeah. I‘m undecided.
on the one hand it will most likely be brain numbing … on the other I’d like to make my own mind up without being influenced by anything els.
Dunno. Have to see how tolerant am feeling at the time.

Reactions: 3
Yeah. I‘m undecided.
on the one hand it will most likely be brain numbing … on the other I’d like to make my own mind up without being influenced by anything els.
Dunno. Have to see how tolerant am feeling at the time.
I'd like to make my own mind up as well before reading all the articles. I don't know how far into the series I'll make it though.

Reactions: 1
Exactly. And people will watch. They want juicy, and the press will whip up such as mountain out of nothing ( as they did with The Crown) that if people didn't watch at the beginning, they will after all the publicity. Netflix are laughing all the way to the bank. They are also ruthless in cutting shows that don't perform as well as they would like. They don't give money away for nothing. The thing is, the press know this is what will happen, they will have acres of print over any tiny thing. The thing is, once Harry and Meghan slide into obscurity and stop causing trouble, the heat is back on the Royals, and they aren't really anything much without being sained suffering family struggling under the burden of Harry and Meghans attacks. Kate and William have got away with a lot because they are always pitched against Harry and Meghan.

Reactions: 10
The RF is actually in a pretty good position. If they put all the blame on KC he can look sad and just get on with things. If they bring out really bad stuff about him he can always give up the throne for Wiliam to save the monarchy. If they come up with some rather krass allegations against Camilla, she can disappeared from public life. If Wiliam or Kate are the target, they can just lay extremely low for 5 years, slowly building a non racist/bully profile. Getting private education, talking to people and charities in private meetings, building a very diverse staff and joining a diverse sports group and some long term support for charities in that area. All reveals after 3-5 years and going from there. Maybe a documentary for their 15th wedding anniversary- we are so sad it took such a falling out, we took the time to face some hard truths about us yada yada yada
The public and the media is eager to forget IF you look really sorry, repented and have something to show for.
Time will play in favour of the monarchy.

Reactions: 1
The RF is actually in a pretty good position. If they put all the blame on KC he can look sad and just get on with things. If they bring out really bad stuff about him he can always give up the throne for Wiliam to save the monarchy. If they come up with some rather krass allegations against Camilla, she can disappeared from public life. If Wiliam or Kate are the target, they can just lay extremely low for 5 years, slowly building a non racist profile. Getting private education, talking to people and charities in private meetings, building a very diverse staff and joining a diverse sports group and some long term support for charities in that area. All reveals after 3-5 years and going from there. Maybe a documentary for their 15th wedding anniversary- we are so sad it took such a falling out, we took the time to face some hard truths about us yada yada yada
The public and the media is eager to forget IF you look really sorry, repented and have something to show for.
Personally, I don’t think they will give H&M that satisfaction or validation … certainly not of an abdication … and I’d struggle to see how W&K could actually lay much lower …
The Palace PR machine will be on full out spin cycle. There will be that much noise between them and their tame commentators that any valid points they may have will be drowned out.

Reactions: 9
@LoopyLou47 Hard agree. H&M were/are the gift that keeps on giving. They did wonders for the Cambridges. Suddenly the keen Duchess of DoLittle, flashing her way through minimal work in boring overpriced outfits couldn’t put a foot wrong and was a picture of elegance. Suddenly workshy, stiff and boring Wiliam was the protective, reliable, no fuss super daddy.
At one point the wind will turn again. H&M are just delaying the inevitable right now. Let’s hope W&K have not fallen for their own hype as H did. They should just sail through the storm like they did before. (Not that I don’t share many of the critical points, but from their perspective they just need go carry on. Stoically, till they are build up in the media again.)

Personally, I don’t think they will give H&M that satisfaction or validation … certainly not of an abdication … and I’d struggle to see how W&K could actually lay much lower …
The Palace PR machine will be on full out spin cycle. There will be that much noise between them and their tame commentators that any valid points they may have will be drowned out.
It would have to be really REALLY bad. Drinking baby kitten blood, naked with the imperial state crown on your head bad. Don’t see that happening though.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.