The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would a Netflix documentary series really be that significant in terms of the RF's future though? It's just a glorified soap opera. MM was trouble from the word go. Would be interesting to know how much her first husband was paid to keep quiet. They are just an embarrassment but nothing more.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Would a Netflix documentary series really be that significant in terms of the RF's future though? It's just a glorified soap opera. MM was trouble from the word go. Would be interesting to know how much her first husband was paid to keep quiet. They are just an embarrassment but nothing more.
I can't see it. They're nowhere near relevant to bring down an ancient institution.

Reactions: 10
From the pictures I have seen, Meghan and Harry are again in full "we are the greatest love story that has ever happened" and to be honest it looks so cringe. It's their trademark but all those pictures/videos are staged and I find very strange to stage your love in front of cameras. I could sound bitter/jealous but I do not - I am in a very happy relationship myself - but I don't get this constant portrayal of perfect and unique love. It feels a bit forced, I think I can see love between two people just the way they interact - no need of shots of Harry looking lovingly at Meghan while she is seating at a counter to prove it. The way they magnify their love is a bit like those (teenager) couple setting up profile picture on their SM showing them kissing each other passionately but using the tools of a full production. It's always about their undying love and how the RF/the press are treating them - don't they have other things to say about?

Netflix's current strategy is to maintain memberships/gain new ones. For that they need a good amount of programs that can spark interests that people don't feel to cancel their membership or feel apart when everyone talks about the last trending program and decide to subscribe (again). In November it was all about Love is Blind, then the Crown, and now Wednesday + the incoming series about Meghan and Harry. It's not about quality but what can be controversial and then talked all over on the Internet/the medias. In this regard, Meghan and Harry are perfect for their marketing strategy. Netflix has a very symbiotic relationship with the medias - they propose series and medias write about them, filling their columns, advertising for free often their products and attracting readers for themselves. It doesn't matter if it is good or bad - what matters is do people talk about it?

I think what probably shocked most Meghan was not having bad advertising but that the press made money on her with no return for her. I guess in her mind it's where she found it deeply unfair. But with their current deals Meghan and Harry don't care about bad press - except to moan about it to further their narratives. They make money out of it and they have a control on what they display in the public. They also know they will always have a strong fandom - people that will always advocate for them as they consider them as the underdogs and the victims of the palace. It means a steady income because those people will keep on buying anything they will sell.

I just wonder if this life brings them happiness. They made choices in 2019/2020 and now we see them coming to fruition for the best and the worst.

I can't see it. They're nowhere near relevant to bring down an ancient institution.
More to the point they won’t be given the/any relevance.

Giles Brandrith was out doing the book promo thing today on BBC Breakfast sofa giving the party line of very blasé … and that Charles doesn’t watch much tele so won’t see it or know anything about anyway.

Reactions: 1
That's not positive discrimination, which is illegal. Its inviting people from Black and Minority groups to apply because they weren't getting enough applicants. They are still subject to the same interview processes. If a White person with better qualifications and experience was rejected, then they would be able to take that case to an employment tribunal.

I think ( may be wrong) that it would be a nail in the coffin re Charles relationship with Harry. As you said, Charles is King and that's that. I think Camilla has really redeemed herself over the last few years,.
The job was advertised for people of Black and minority groups only, this was around 20 years ago so things may have changed by then. It was really interesting as I met my best manager of all time and also the worst!!! Nothing to do with their colour but the useless one got too big for his boots and was very sexist eventually to no one's surprise he got demoted as he was causing chaos. The other one (an Asian Lady) had amazing management skills and was great with people.

More to the point they won’t be given the/any relevance.

Giles Brandrith was out doing the book promo thing today on BBC Breakfast sofa giving the party line of very blasé … and that Charles doesn’t watch much tele so won’t see it or know anything about anyway.
The shock factor that was there with Oprah is gone now as well. We all pretty much know what they're going to say. They can't have any big new allegations or they'd have used them already surely? I can imagine them targeting William a bit more maybe. He got away very lightly on Oprah.

Reactions: 3
Using stock images of paparazzi following Katie Price or the Harry Potter premiere has to be one of the stranger things they’ve done. If you’re making a documentary of the stalking by the press and you have to pad it out with other peoples pictures, including your sister in law who was harassed and stalked by the press, then you haven’t actually had a rough time. If it was so bad show the intrusive pictures and the stalking cameras.

I find it quite uncomfortable that after disregarding the the awful press intrusive of Catherine in the Oprah interview, they’re now using her pictures for the trailer, and for Harry to speak about treatment of women in the family. They were quite happy to insinuate nothing happened to her, let their squad go after her and use her picture in the first trailer to garner interest, but Harry now thinks he’s in the position to tell her story without permission to back up his own.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Especially as the Sun and Mail have now said Harry said the British people, not just the Royals, need to be taught a lesson. That will go down like a lead balloon here

Reactions: 7
Especially as the Sun and Mail have now said Harry said the British people, not just the Royals, need to be taught a lesson. That will go down like a lead balloon here
Yeah but did he actually say that or are they just claiming he did? Because he’s denied that happened. It’s not like the Sun and the Mail have a record of being reliable, and they have a history of printing hit pieces on H&M. By the time any retractions happen, the time has passed and readers think it’s all factual.

This is the thing I find insane - that people actually consider the Sun and Mail to be accurate. Their treatment of people is disgusting, and it’s widely acknowledged, but then people keep linking to them and reading them and believing them.

It’s no wonder H&M want the story from their own point of view out there, after hundreds of thousands of stories claiming rubbish over the last few years.

Do I think six episodes is overkill? Absolutely. Am I still interested in their perspective? Yes. Just like I’m interested in the perspective of the royals. What I’m not interested in is the perspective of a bunch of tabloid hacks and their made up narratives.

I don’t think H&M are aiming for the downfall of the monarchy. I think they just want England’s pervasively poisonous tabloid press situation to change, and for the royal family to modernise their ideas a bit.

Reactions: 13
From the pictures I have seen, Meghan and Harry are again in full "we are the greatest love story that has ever happened" and to be honest it looks so cringe. It's their trademark but all those pictures/videos are staged and I find very strange to stage your love in front of cameras. I could sound bitter/jealous but I do not - I am in a very happy relationship myself - but I don't get this constant portrayal of perfect and unique love. It feels a bit forced, I think I can see love between two people just the way they interact - no need of shots of Harry looking lovingly at Meghan while she is seating at a counter to prove it. The way they magnify their love is a bit like those (teenager) couple setting up profile picture on their SM showing them kissing each other passionately but using the tools of a full production. It's always about their undying love and how the RF/the press are treating them - don't they have other things to say about?

Netflix's current strategy is to maintain memberships/gain new ones. For that they need a good amount of programs that can spark interests that people don't feel to cancel their membership or feel apart when everyone talks about the last trending program and decide to subscribe (again). In November it was all about Love is Blind, then the Crown, and now Wednesday + the incoming series about Meghan and Harry. It's not about quality but what can be controversial and then talked all over on the Internet/the medias. In this regard, Meghan and Harry are perfect for their marketing strategy. Netflix has a very symbiotic relationship with the medias - they propose series and medias write about them, filling their columns, advertising for free often their products and attracting readers for themselves. It doesn't matter if it is good or bad - what matters is do people talk about it?

I think what probably shocked most Meghan was not having bad advertising but that the press made money on her with no return for her. I guess in her mind it's where she found it deeply unfair. But with their current deals Meghan and Harry don't care about bad press - except to moan about it to further their narratives. They make money out of it and they have a control on what they display in the public. They also know they will always have a strong fandom - people that will always advocate for them as they consider them as the underdogs and the victims of the palace. It means a steady income because those people will keep on buying anything they will sell.

I just wonder if this life brings them happiness. They made choices in 2019/2020 and now we see them coming to fruition for the best and the worst.
I think the biggest audience they have are for people who hang on their every word to dissect it and prove them wrong … why did they say x when on suchandsuch a date they said y?

From what I can gather in my own focus group (😉) the overriding feeling is ‘meh’ but there will be a vocal minority who give it more importance than it would otherwise have.

• Angry
Not sure if I would believe either of those 2 sources tbh

Reactions: 9
It’s no wonder H&M want the story from their own point of view out there, after hundreds of thousands of stories claiming rubbish over the last few years.

Do I think six episodes is overkill? Absolutely. Am I still interested in their perspective? Yes. Just like I’m interested in the perspective of the royals. What I’m not interested in is the perspective of a bunch of tabloid hacks and their made up narratives.

I don’t think H&M are aiming for the downfall of the monarchy. I think they just want England’s pervasively poisonous tabloid press situation to change, and for the royal family to modernise their ideas a bit.
This is like me wanting the PM to wear skirts: it doesn't matter.

They don't own the tabloid press and if the Daily Fail makes money by being as they are why should they change?

It is also not for them to want for the Royal Family to "modernise their ideas a bit" as they are out.

They made their choice and left and it is stupid to think they would change something by whining and "documenting" the story "from their point of view".They won't make a difference, but they will make a bag of cash.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is like me wanting the PM to wear skirts: it doesn't matter.

They don't own the tabloid press and if the Daily Fail makes money by being as they are why should they change?

It is also not for them to want for the Royal Family to "modernise their ideas a bit" as they are out.

They made their choice and left and it is stupid to think they would change something by whining and "documenting" the story "from their point of view".They won't make a difference, but they will make a bag of cash.
The only thing I would say to that, is that if the DM is making money by at best playing fast and loose with the truth and at worst flat out making stuff up, then they should be held to account … whoever it is (and the fact that someone is shouldn’t be held against them)

Reactions: 10
I think the biggest audience they have are for people who hang on their every word to dissect it and prove them wrong … why did they say x when on suchandsuch a date they said y?

From what I can gather in my own focus group (😉) the overriding feeling is ‘meh’ but there will be a vocal minority who give it more importance than it would otherwise have.
Of course they feed of any kind of attention, bad or good. But some that will listen religiously to their podcasts, buy their books etc. are those that think they have to support them by buying product. I mean there was for a very short time a gofundme page to help them to pay their mansion because mean KC cut the money to Harry. I think in both cases, seeing Harry and Meghan as vile people en route to destroy the monarchy or as saints that are blessing the world with their aura, is ridiculous.

Also the narrative that they are more relatable than the RF is quite funny. They live the lives of the 0,1% and need people's attention to fund it. Otherwise they would lead a quite life like most people with their profile would do. I just think Hollywood is better than the RF to manufacture personalities that seem closer to us. What in Meghan's life is so different than in Kate's life (outside the Royal engagements and the pump of Buckingham palace). They both have an army of maids and nurses to cather their homes, wear crazily expensive clothes, live in huge mansions, spend their time in exclusive places that admit only people of their world. Kate is the royal, state-sponsored version of the wealthy philanthropist. Meghan aspires to be this kind of figure in the public space. Her models are people like Michelle Obama etc. But what do they know about difficulties people are facing. Yes they are both women and mother and one is biracial so they have some ideas of oppression that some group of people can live but because of the bubble they live in, they don't encounter the same level of difficulties. I find good that famous people talk about their mental health issues but I do find it hard to make the difference between fighting for a cause or advertising themselves.

The only thing I would say to that, is that if the DM is making money by at best playing fast and loose with the truth and at worst flat out making stuff up, then they should be held to account … whoever it is (and the fact that someone is shouldn’t be held against them)
But are Meghan and Harry not also playing with the truth? Like any high profiles with a PR team behind them? Like the monarchy as well? Should we not more focus to know why people writing in the DM get their journalist accreditation?

Reactions: 3
I'm no psychologist, but from the outside looking in it seems that Harry is just lost in life. He is approaching 40 and doesn't have a goal in life. He never had a career. I watched an interview with him and William together from a decade or more ago, and when asked what he would do if he wasn't a prince, he responded with something like he would live in Africa, continue with the charity and conservation stuff. He was in the army, but that was not possible.

He seems like he's lashing out and frustrated that he doesn't have a real purpose any longer. Maybe he hates the fact he was born into royalty and resents being in the position he is. William is next in line so has a role and purpose, but Harry doesn't. Meghan was a way out for him, but the jury is still out for me as to if he's truly content and happy with how his life has turned out. I believe he wanted more than this, so he's struggling to find what he wants at this point.

Of course they feed of any kind of attention, bad or good. But some that will listen religiously to their podcasts, buy their books etc. are those that think they have to support them by buying product. I mean there was for a very short time a gofundme page to help them to pay their mansion because mean KC cut the money to Harry. I think in both cases, seeing Harry and Meghan as vile people en route to destroy the monarchy or as saints that are blessing the world with their aura, is ridiculous.

Also the narrative that they are more relatable than the RF is quite funny. They live the lives of the 0,1% and need people's attention to fund it. Otherwise they would lead a quite life like most people with their profile would do. I just think Hollywood is better than the RF to manufacture personalities that seem closer to us. What in Meghan's life is so different than in Kate's life (outside the Royal engagements and the pump of Buckingham palace). They both have an army of maids and nurses to cather their homes, wear crazily expensive clothes, live in huge mansions, spend their time in exclusive places that admit only people of their world. Kate is the royal, state-sponsored version of the wealthy philanthropist. Meghan aspires to be this kind of figure in the public space. Her models are people like Michelle Obama etc. But what do they know about difficulties people are facing. Yes they are both women and mother and one is biracial so they have some ideas of oppression that some group of people can live but because of the bubble they live in, they don't encounter the same level of difficulties. I find good that famous people talk about their mental health issues but I do find it hard to make the difference between fighting for a cause or advertising themselves.

But are Meghan and Harry not also playing with the truth? Like any high profiles with a PR team behind them? Like the monarchy as well? Should we not more focus to know why people writing in the DM get their journalist accreditation?
I have to confess that much of what they do passes me completely by because I’m not actually that invested in it … but it seems that the over-invested of both arms are as much to blame as the other.
(and one thing life has taught me is that what other people do with their own money is completely up to them, however bonkers I personally find it)

If the media, and then DM in particular, are printing stuff that is provably fallacious then absolutely they should be held to account. Why would anyone think they shouldn't?

Reactions: 6
Yeah but did he actually say that or are they just claiming he did? Because he’s denied that happened. It’s not like the Sun and the Mail have a record of being reliable, and they have a history of printing hit pieces on H&M. By the time any retractions happen, the time has passed and readers think it’s all factual.

This is the thing I find insane - that people actually consider the Sun and Mail to be accurate. Their treatment of people is disgusting, and it’s widely acknowledged, but then people keep linking to them and reading them and believing them.

I think it's very easy to discredit The Sun or The Daily Mail but they get more than their fair share of accurate stories. It's the delivery that is often lacking.

Don't forget it was that creature Wootton that broke the Megxit story and a few others at the time.

I have to confess that much of what they do passes me completely by because I’m not actually that invested in it … but it seems that the over-invested of both arms are as much to blame as the other.
(and one thing life has taught me is that what other people do with their own money is completely up to them, however bonkers I personally find it)

If the media, and then DM in particular, are printing stuff that is provably fallacious then absolutely they should be held to account. Why would anyone think they shouldn't?
I am not interested in them at all, I don't have Netflix but i doubt if I had watched Harry and Meghan's programme even if I did. They made their decision to leave Britain so be it, no great loss but why don't they just get on with their lives.

Using stock images of paparazzi following Katie Price or the Harry Potter premiere has to be one of the stranger things they’ve done. If you’re making a documentary of the stalking by the press and you have to pad it out with other peoples pictures, including your sister in law who was harassed and stalked by the press, then you haven’t actually had a rough time. If it was so bad show the intrusive pictures and the stalking cameras.

I find it quite uncomfortable that after disregarding the the awful press intrusive of Catherine in the Oprah interview, they’re now using her pictures for the trailer, and for Harry to speak about treatment of women in the family. They were quite happy to insinuate nothing happened to her, let their squad go after her and use her picture in the first trailer to garner interest, but Harry now thinks he’s in the position to tell her story without permission to back up his own.
Hasn't Harry been seen actively filming the paps on his phone on various occasions? His footage can't have been that damning if they've had to sex it up by using clips of unrelated paparazzi mobbings.

Reactions: 6
I'm no psychologist, but from the outside looking in it seems that Harry is just lost in life. He is approaching 40 and doesn't have a goal in life. He never had a career. I watched an interview with him and William together from a decade or more ago, and when asked what he would do if he wasn't a prince, he responded with something like he would live in Africa, continue with the charity and conservation stuff. He was in the army, but that was not possible.

He seems like he's lashing out and frustrated that he doesn't have a real purpose any longer. Maybe he hates the fact he was born into royalty and resents being in the position he is. William is next in line so has a role and purpose, but Harry doesn't. Meghan was a way out for him, but the jury is still out for me as to if he's truly content and happy with how his life has turned out. I believe he wanted more than this, so he's struggling to find what he wants at this point.
I’ve said before, but I just think that Harry is one of those people who permanently thinks the grass on the other side of the fence is greener and as such will never be truly content. He is always chasing the greener grass until he get there and finds it still wants looking after. He will always be thinking he would be happy ‘if only’. It’s nothing to do with money or job or position … it’s just him

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.