The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Both Catherine and Camilla look gorgeous - they are mega stressed though, their shoulders are so high up. can’t be easy to relax, wondering what’s about to go down

Reactions: 8
I love the Lotus flower tiara 🤤
also like that the hairdessers are working out how to make them sit properly so you can’t see the fixings.
They should take lessons from whoever does the Swedish royals' hair for big events. Amazing and often with diamond brooches in the hair for interest from the back.

Reactions: 5
I think he means Meghan potentially being harmed by the paparazzi or racist people.
I don’t think so. Because in that case, the second part of the sentence makes no sense. It should have gone “wouldn’t you protect yourself too?” or “what would you do?” or „wouldn’t you think it’s time for a change?“.

I’m still super suspicious about how Wootton got that info. If he didn’t get that directly from a royal, then the RF have some pretty appalling leakers.
I believe it was leaked directly from one of the royals though. I remember reading that Harry didn’t want to put it in writing because he knew it would get leaked, they insisted and so he did, then voila. Really weird. Why would a royal want that info out before a decision was made? And if they didn’t leak it, which staff members had access to the document? There should have been firings. Unacceptable in any company.
But how does this fit with the narrative that the family was surprised by their announcement? Because to leak this from the others they must have known. H&M could have easily gotten in front by stating they are thinking about a change and reducing their profile but haven’t had time to discuss this with HMTQ more in depth yet. There was no need to go out with an explosive Exit Statement. No matter if there was a proper leak against them, or speculation or Wotton having a talk with people around H&M- his friends? Their own staff? I think all those options have a good chance of being the right one.
And most people were actually rooting for them at this point still. Of course you should leave a situation that you find this bad. Not wanting to play a royal show horse is absolutely fine. But trying to demand HOW you can still do only what you feel like, keeping all the perks and ultimately chashing in by whining, leaking, alluding and complaining about your family has put most people off. That has nothing to do with anything the RF has done.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I don’t think so. Because in that case, the second part of the sentence makes no sense. It should have gone “wouldn’t you protect yourself too?” or “what would you do?” or „wouldn’t you think it’s time for a change?“.
I don't understand that statement either. The stakes may be high for her but they're low/non-existent for the rest of us. She really overestimates her own importance.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Nothing Harry says makes sense. He continually makes references to leaving the royal family because Diana died but her death came after she refused royal protection. There's no way she would have been allowed to get into a car with a drunk driver, no seat belt on if she'd still had British protective officers with her.

Reactions: 14
I don't understand that statement either. The stakes may be high for her but they're low/non-existent for the rest of us. She really overestimates her own importance.
I was confused by it too. “When the stakes are this high” 🤷🏼‍♀️ Sorry what? Ok personally she feels she’s in danger but that doesn’t affect me or Sharon in Leicester or Mike in Cardiff does it? They really over dramatise every little thing. Yes there have been uncomfortable moments and maybe they haven’t always been treated the best, but can’t we all say that? Haven’t we all had problems with people in our families or at work or wherever? At the heart of it they live a very privileged life and should just learn to get on with it in peace! Which they claim is what they want, and yet here they are all over the news, social media, every chat show 🙄

I saw a video of Harry saying he takes Archie out on the back of his bike which is amazing as it’s a normal thing he never got to do, followed by a photo of a toddler Harry on a child seat on a bike ridden by Charles! I honestly think he has selective memory/is living in denial. Yes they were in the spotlight but (and I’m sure a lot of it was Diana) those two boys had the most normal childhoods any royals up to that point had had!

Nothing Harry says makes sense. He continually makes references to leaving the royal family because Diana died but her death came after she refused royal protection. There's no way she would have been allowed to get into a car with a drunk driver, no seat belt on if she'd still had British protective officers with her.
He ( and William I think) blame the paps for her death. Probably because the alternative would be admitting she was reckless to refuse Royal protection and not wear a seat belt.

I was confused by it too. “When the stakes are this high” 🤷🏼‍♀️ Sorry what? Ok personally she feels she’s in danger but that doesn’t affect me or Sharon in Leicester or Mike in Cardiff does it? They really over dramatise every little thing. Yes there have been uncomfortable moments and maybe they haven’t always been treated the best, but can’t we all say that? Haven’t we all had problems with people in our families or at work or wherever? At the heart of it they live a very privileged life and should just learn to get on with it in peace! Which they claim is what they want, and yet here they are all over the news, social media, every chat show 🙄

I saw a video of Harry saying he takes Archie out on the back of his bike which is amazing as it’s a normal thing he never got to do, followed by a photo of a toddler Harry on a child seat on a bike ridden by Charles! I honestly think he has selective memory/is living in denial. Yes they were in the spotlight but (and I’m sure a lot of it was Diana) those two boys had the most normal childhoods any royals up to that point had had!
This is why I think it is mostly Harry causing the issues, despite the press and everyone else claiming Meghan has led poor Harry from the bosom of his loving family. He became resentful long before Meghan came along, after his mother's death, and his other girlfriends running for the hills, the press picking over his antics and not mentioning William was there too as well as them hacking his phone. The brothers weren't that close all the time, and reportedly had long periods of falling out. Meghan came along and listened to his tales of woe and believed him over his family and told him he was hard done by and how awful it all sounded. He is not being held hostage. He has willingly distanced himself from his family, knew the rules, knew his father wanted to slim down the working Royals, which would exclude his children, but failed to mention it, either to Meghan, or clarify or address it during Oprah.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
He ( and William I think) blame the paps for her death. Probably because the alternative would be admitting she was reckless to refuse Royal protection and not wear a seat belt.

This is why I think it is mostly Harry causing the issues, despite the press and everyone else claiming Meghan has led poor Harry from the bosom of his loving family. He became resentful long before Meghan came along, after his mother's death, and his other girlfriends running for the hills, the press picking over his antics and not mentioning William was there too as well as them hacking his phone. The brothers weren't that close all the time, and reportedly had long periods of falling out. Meghan came along and listened to his tales of woe and believed him over his family and told him he was hard done by and how awful it all sounded. He is not being held hostage. He has willingly distanced himself from his family, knew the rules, knew his father wanted to slim down the working Royals, which would exclude his children, but failed to mention it, either to Meghan, or clarify or address it during Oprah.
I don’t think Harry never got to know his mum as anything other than this glamorous figure who swooped in smelling fantastic with lots of hugs and did fun stuff. William, at least knew her more as an actual person and not just ‘mummy’. I think Harry also has more to do with his Spencer aunts?

I think William touched on this around the time of the Martin Bashir scandal. He said something about Bashir contributing to her growing paranoia at that time. Can't remember if he went as far as saying that it lead to her turning down royal protection but he def said something about it impacting the relationship between his parents which had become more cordial.

Reactions: 6

I think the bike ride thing shows the benefit of good PR and a press call … from memory the photo of a young Harry on the back of a bike was more a staged photo on the way to the stable - they certainly seemed decked out for horse riding rather than a bike ride … jodhpurs and riding boots were involved … and there are photos of William and Harry on bikes with Charles and Diana also riding … but again, more of a happy family press call than actual fun times (I defy any one to go for a bike ride in brogues, smart slacks, a jacket and a tie).

It could be that it’s something he didn’t do with Charles out with the need for a press call and so something that he didn’t consider a real thing? Who knows. I actually think, daft as it sounds, that Charles and Anne had quite a normal childhood for an upper class/aristocratic, military family of the era they were born in. i mean, it probably wasn’t all that but it wasn’t terrifically out of that norm.

Reactions: 3

Harry is massively to blame for overestimating his own importance in the line of the family and for not preparing Meghan. It’s always someone else’s fault that she wasn’t taught anything, no one told her how to curtesy, no one taught her the national anthem, Harry was a prince of 30 odd years, was he just sitting around twiddling his thumbs? But any good partner should challenge their spouse, so she’s to blame for that. I think a problem is she didn’t really have much of a relationship with her family, so when he’s singing woe is me she doesn’t have much of a reference to be like “hmm maybe this is just you or your fault?”. I think both didn’t want to lose the other, Harry had finally found a woman mad enough to marry him and Meghan had all the fame and fortune she wanted, he wasn’t going to tell her the truth or she’d run for the hills and she wasn’t going to challenge him because he’d run off like a child. Instead, they married and all the problems then appeared and it’s everyone’s fault but their own.

Reactions: 17
I think the bike ride thing shows the benefit of good PR and a press call … from memory the photo of a young Harry on the back of a bike was more a staged photo on the way to the stable - they certainly seemed decked out for horse riding rather than a bike ride … jodhpurs and riding boots were involved … and there are photos of William and Harry on bikes with Charles and Diana also riding … but again, more of a happy family press call than actual fun times (I defy any one to go for a bike ride in brogues, smart slacks, a jacket and a tie).

It could be that it’s something he didn’t do with Charles out with the need for a press call and so something that he didn’t consider a real thing? Who knows. I actually think, daft as it sounds, that Charles and Anne had quite a normal childhood for an upper class/aristocratic, military family of the era they were born in. i mean, it probably wasn’t all that but it wasn’t terrifically out of that norm.
You’re probably right, as any photos we see of them now were most likely taken at a press call. But that’s not to say these things didn’t happen naturally as well 🤷🏼‍♀️ I guess we won’t ever really know as we’ll only hear Harry’s version. Seems unlikely any of the royals will do an interview with Oprah to have their say!

What’s annoying me the most is that Harry wanted a private life for his family. And he moved away so he could have that. But now, they’re everywhere. They’ve realised their royal connection is the only selling point they have, so instead of letting it all go for their peaceful life, they’re flogging it like a dead horse. It’s so boring, they only have so many stories they can tell and they’ve done the big shock Oprah interview and the podcast. Now a documentary and a book, just to rehash the same stuff and make the royal family look bad again. And I’m sure some of them did say or do things that upset Harry, but I’m sure he upset them just as much! 🙄

Reactions: 4
Harry is massively to blame for overestimating his own importance in the line of the family and for not preparing Meghan. It’s always someone else’s fault that she wasn’t taught anything, no one told her how to curtesy, no one taught her the national anthem, Harry was a prince of 30 odd years, was he just sitting around twiddling his thumbs? But any good partner should challenge their spouse, so she’s to blame for that. I think a problem is she didn’t really have much of a relationship with her family, so when he’s singing woe is me she doesn’t have much of a reference to be like “hmm maybe this is just you or your fault?”. I think both didn’t want to lose the other, Harry had finally found a woman mad enough to marry him and Meghan had all the fame and fortune she wanted, he wasn’t going to tell her the truth or she’d run for the hills and she wasn’t going to challenge him because he’d run off like a child. Instead, they married and all the problems then appeared and it’s everyone’s fault but their own.
Yes, I completely agree. I think this is something William got right - making sure Catherine was introduced slowly to royal life but they had the benefit of being much younger and the Middletons being a stable supportive family.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think H&M are either doing a good job keeping their private family time out of the public eye or they aren’t out much with the children. We might see and hear lots of them
but haven’t see the children a lot. Which I think is good. I would argue it could even be more. I don’t need to know who can walk, is interested in dinosaurs or plans to help a charity in Uzbekistan. They don’t need to be in the spotlight at all. That is one privilege they have above their royal cousins. I also do believe Harry, that there very possible weren’t regular, private family bike rides. Charles also doesn’t strike me as this type of father. He looks more like going for walks with his sons on their private grounds up North or in Cornwall. Which is ok too. Why H can’t just enjoy those moments he obviously longed for, but has to point it out every time is beyond me though. All people find things in their upbringing that they hated or see at least very critically. Things they don’t want to repeat or want to do completely different. Even if your childhood was fine and and you have a good and loving relationship with your parents. I don’t get why H doesn’t see that his situation isn’t very different in that. I am sure there are many parents out there, taking their children on bike rides because they love it and are sad that their own parents didn’t. You just need to make sure you are not pushing something on your children just because you wanted it. It’s worth checking if they might not be very interested in going to the pool instead and actually hate biking. Unfortunately, I am not convinced H&M are very aware of the feelings of others.

I honestly think the biggest thing Harry could learn is that there is no such thing as a magic ‘normal’ … and what he yearns for without the royal tag isn’t actually even pushing what could be considered normal for most people (Eton, stately piles, titles, money …). For most people ‘normal’ is just muddling along and trying to make the best of what they’ve got.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
It's well known that Harry is staggeringly thick. Borderline remedial

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I honestly think the biggest thing Harry could learn is that there is no such thing as a magic ‘normal’ … and what he yearns for without the royal tag isn’t actually even pushing what could be considered normal for most people (Eton, stately piles, titles, money …). For most people ‘normal’ is just muddling along and trying to make the best of what they’ve got.
I think they all fantasise about having a ' normal' life, which us where all the ' just like you' cos play comes from. They think it's great but none of them apart from Harry really want to do it, as they realise it would mean having to pay their own bills!

No paparazzi are chasing her.
There was caller to Nick Ferrari on LBC yesterday who was apoplectic about H&M and ended up saying 'She's not going to die unless she gets driven by a drunk driver and doesn't wear a seatbelt!'

Even Nick Ferrari was lost for words.

You didn't call LBC yesterday did you? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There was caller to Nick Ferrari on LBC yesterday who was apoplectic about H&M and ended up saying 'She's not going to die unless she gets driven by a drunk driver and doesn't wear a seatbelt!'

Even Nick Ferrari was lost for words.

You didn't call LBC yesterday did you? :LOL:
That’s one of those “no one wants to say it but everyone’s thinking it”. Like is it inappropriate or just facts?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.