The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do like Kate, I appreciate her fashion and the fact that she herself doesn't seem to enjoy causing drama. It's quite rare to see in someone who has a public profile.

I also think that the criticism that she's bland and all that would be better aimed at the BRF itself. The institution as such dislikes big personalities. It's not about individuals, except the Queen of course, and now to a lesser extent KC. Kate isn't supposed to steal the show, not with her opinions or her charities or anything. It's sad if you think about it. She went to good schools, has led an interesting life. I'm sure she has opinions but she can't give them freely.

She also seems smart, imo. She knows what happened to Diana of course, she's seen what happened with the Sussexes. She knows that's not what William wants or what she wants if the goal is becoming queen one day so she just stays in her little corner and is as harmless as possible.

They do need better advisers for their charity portfolio but really, how much say does she have?
Queen Máxima of the Netherlands seems to do ok with a ginormous personality and dressing to go with it. Less stuffy RF though.

It's well known that both Charles and Philip paint/ed. I think they both exhibited too. It would be interesting to see Kate's paintings and photographs, see differences and similarities etc.

Reactions: 6
I am pretty sure that’s deliberate as it worked well for Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mother . But it’s well know the queen liked horses and QM liked a gin. Kate feels like this blank (and tbh boring) canvas. I think she likes photography and then being royal?? I can’t help but think she and William are boring. They might not be in real life of course but their public profiles are tedious. Harry (back in the day) always gave the vibe of being the fun one. But then seeing how that’s turned out maybe boring is sensible!
Liking horses and gin doesn't make a fascinating personality!! We know the equivalent for Kate anyway - she likes sport and photography. The more 'successful' royals are the bland ones. Most of the interesting personalities weren't good at being royal e.g. Harry, Margaret, Diana, Andrew.

Reactions: 5
Jeez ... do we literally have to watch every word we say on here now? :rolleyes:

It was strange in the circumstances. I was taken aback too when I watched it because I wasn't expecting it.
I wasn't surprised as the fact she is mixed race made a lot of sense for a black clergyman to take part in the wedding which was a reflection.of her background

Reactions: 2
I wasn't surprised as the fact she is mixed race made a lot of sense for a black clergyman to take part in the wedding which was a reflection.of her background
Except it was allegedly Charles who wanted him. Meghan wanted someone else. Charles also chose the choir.

Reactions: 1
Liking horses and gin doesn't make a fascinating personality!! We know the equivalent for Kate anyway - she likes sport and photography. The more 'successful' royals are the bland ones. Most of the interesting personalities weren't good at being royal e.g. Harry, Margaret, Diana, Andrew.
By interesting I assume you mean self obsessed

• Haha
Reactions: 7
By interesting I assume you mean self obsessed
I meant more headline grabbing but self obsessed works too!! It's not sustainable in the long term for a royal to be interesting and in the press all the time. They're in the public eye for a long time so they have to manage their privacy and what they share of themselves well in order to last.

Reactions: 2
Andrew is an “interesting” personality?? Only if you find Andrew interesting surely? So it’s him, his children and possibly his ex-wife. Think everyone else is pretty horrified by him/amazed at his complete lack of self-awareness.

That's nice. At work-related events I've often been asked where I'm from in the sense that Mc Fulani took exception to, but I don't. I have a non-local accent, so even when I've said where I live locally, I've then been asked where I'm from originally. Big deal.
I was asked where I was from at a work event last week and said the company I was representing which was relevant to the event, I wasn’t being evasive, I was simple answering the question. There was then a follow up question about location to which I told them where my office location is which again was professionally relevant. We then discussed the work I was involved with. The birth place of my ancestors (or myself for that matter) wasn’t remotely relevant though so had no reason to be discussed. To repeatedly ask anybody an irrelevant question is just rude and, when in the case of Ngozi, steeped in racial prejudice which has very rightly been called out.

Reactions: 17
Andrew is an “interesting” personality?? Only if you find Andrew interesting surely? So it’s him, his children and possibly his ex-wife. Think everyone else is pretty horrified by him/amazed at his complete lack of self-awareness.
Don't jump to conclusions. I think Andrew is vile and I already said I meant interesting as in headline grabbing because we were discussing Kate being bland. You said yourself people are amazed by his lack of self-awareness so there is an interest there. Back in the 80s he would have been interesting because he was considered handsome and he was portrayed as a war hero. Now he's interesting for other reasons but my point remains that 'interesting' royals don't have great longevity. Edward has a very bland public profile and I'd imagine that he'll be royalling for the rest of his life/as long as he wants to. On the other hand most people are sick of hearing Harry and Meghan's opinions on things. Kate is smart to be bland in public. It'll serve her better in the long run.

Don't jump to conclusions. I think Andrew is vile and I already said I meant interesting as in headline grabbing because we were discussing Kate being bland. You said yourself people are amazed by his lack of self-awareness so there is an interest there. Back in the 80s he would have been interesting because he was considered handsome and he was portrayed as a war hero. Now he's interesting for other reasons but my point remains that 'interesting' royals don't have great longevity. Edward has a very bland public profile and I'd imagine that he'll be royalling for the rest of his life/as long as he wants to. On the other hand most people are sick of hearing Harry and Meghan's opinions on things. Kate is smart to be bland in public. It'll serve her better in the long run.
I think of Kate as being steady rather than bland. Edward doesn't really show a public voice? His wife does much more!

Reactions: 12
I think of Kate as being steady rather than bland. Edward doesn't really show a public voice? His wife does much more!
I agree and I think she wants to support William rather than do her own thing.
Edward is very inoffensive - maybe that's a better word than bland! Anyway I think being bland/inoffensive is the key to royal success. Sophie has a higher profile than Edward but you could also say that she's bland/inoffensive. They're just there in the background supporting the main players.

Reactions: 16
I agree and I think she wants to support William rather than do her own thing.
Edward is very inoffensive - maybe that's a better word than bland! Anyway I think being bland/inoffensive is the key to royal success. Sophie has a higher profile than Edward but you could also say that she's bland/inoffensive. They're just there in the background supporting the main players.
Actually that would be fascinating to put a cat tracker on Edward and see what he gets up to on an average day. I'd have no idea!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.