The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This documentary is going to end in tears. There's already questions about how H&M photographers got into the palace and that's just from there trailer. They'll be questions about when were pieces filmed? Was it pre or post their leaving TRF? How long in the making has this been? etc etc.

Once the documentary and book are done what else have they got to sell? Surely this stuff has a shelf life?
Let's hope so. I'm sick of the nauseating pair.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I know about white churches I don't need a lecture, but if I see a black person officiating in a different way I don't think of it as strange it's just different. I certainly don't start sniggering like Beatrice and Eugenie who obviously find different cultures funny they must have been trained by Hussey.
I wasn’t giving a lecture, I’m sorry it came across that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I do think the days of massive Royal Tours are over.

I see much scaled back versions were TRF may just attend a particular event somewhere rather than a tour of a country. The last few haven't been well received and some of the optics haven't looked great.
That 'look at us' effort in Jamaica was criinge

• Wow
Reactions: 8
The history of royals is more interesting than the current royals. There would have been less to know about the historic royals due to lack of social media etc. It's similar to the old celebs of the golden era of Hollywood.

They were intriguing because there was little known about them at the time, so seeing and hearing from them was a special thing. Nowadays we know all there is to know about these celebs because they give interviews for every movie/album they release.

Reactions: 10
I'm American but currently in the UK visiting family - but from what I understand it's been a positive reception for them in Boston.

I think targeted visits like this are a good thing. I enjoy tours - the Caribbean one had some missteps but mostly it seemed to be a lot of deliberate torpedoing of it by media - but I agree there will not be big huge ones any longer. The Waleses don't do them anyway - they don't have busy tours like Anne for example - and say they have to get back to the kids and not work... Makes me remember when my husband would go on work trips, no way he could cut them short to come home and stay home with me and the kid! Nice job, those tours!

Reactions: 3
Honestly, in the US I feel like coverage of the visit to Boston has largely focused on Kate's outfits. I doubt any of my friends with whom I've chatted about Kate's fashion would be able to say why they're in Boston, what the Earthshot is or does.

Reactions: 9
Who said something about the colour being the wrong green because the internet would mess with it?
Exhibit A:
92F65318-9250-43EA-8A34-48BFD0E1BD7D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Jeez ... do we literally have to watch every word we say on here now? :rolleyes:

It was strange in the circumstances. I was taken aback too when I watched it because I wasn't expecting it.
I was also taken aback. Like you, although not religious, I enjoyed listening to him. The looks on some of the faces was superb. Certainly woke them up 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I know about white churches I don't need a lecture, but if I see a black person officiating in a different way I don't think of it as strange it's just different. I certainly don't start sniggering like Beatrice and Eugenie who obviously find different cultures funny they must have been trained by Hussey.
Nothing wrong with the way black people officiate sermons, but be honest he that officiated that wedding went on and on and on, it never ended. Is it any wonder people were bewildered and amused, even chicken legs had her head bowed giggling.

Reactions: 7
I'm American but currently in the UK visiting family - but from what I understand it's been a positive reception for them in Boston.

I think targeted visits like this are a good thing. I enjoy tours - the Caribbean one had some missteps but mostly it seemed to be a lot of deliberate torpedoing of it by media - but I agree there will not be big huge ones any longer. The Waleses don't do them anyway - they don't have busy tours like Anne for example - and say they have to get back to the kids and not work... Makes me remember when my husband would go on work trips, no way he could cut them short to come home and stay home with me and the kid! Nice job, those tours!
This is becoming a real issue I think. Before Prince William and Catherine even got to Boston the Wales v Sussex thing was in full swing.

Also when they were in Jamaica there was the infamous picture of them with the kids though the fence. Apparently they were passing, The kids saw them and ran to the fence and the Wales' stopped to greet them. Bit of damned if you do, damed if you don't there.

There was also a picture of Willian and Kate in Tuvalu being carried on thrones and that was taken badly yet if they hadn't done it it would have been seen as disrespectful by people of Tuvalu.

• Heart
Don’t know what she means by this 😅View attachment 1781198
Judy's half Irish herself so I'm lost

This is becoming a real issue I think. Before Prince William and Catherine even got to Boston the Wales v Sussex thing was in full swing.

Also when they were in Jamaica there was the infamous picture of them with the kids though the fence. Apparently they were passing, The kids saw them and ran to the fence and the Wales' stopped to greet them. Bit of damned if you do, damed if you don't there.

There was also a picture of Willian and Kate in Tuvalu being carried on thrones and that was taken badly yet if they hadn't done it it would have been seen as disrespectful by people of Tuvalu.
Agreed about the Tuvalu Throne business that would have caused a diplomatic incident most likely. The Jamaican land rover was another matter though (imo)

Honestly, in the US I feel like coverage of the visit to Boston has largely focused on Kate's outfits. I doubt any of my friends with whom I've chatted about Kate's fashion would be able to say why they're in Boston, what the Earthshot is or does.
Precisely. I don't mind Kate but roughly 80% of conversations about her (and I'm being generous) are to do with hair and clothes

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Judy's half Irish herself so I'm lost

Agreed about the Tuvalu Throne business that would have caused a diplomatic incident most likely. The Jamaican land rover was another matter though (imo)

Precisely. I don't mind Kate but roughly 80% of conversations about her (and I'm being generous) are to do with hair and clothes
Sadly we talk about Kate’s looks as she has nowt else……….

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't mind Kate but roughly 80% of conversations about her (and I'm being generous) are to do with hair and clothes
It’s the most interesting thing about her and I’m saying that loosely. She’s a pretty bland individua.

It’s the most interesting thing about her and I’m saying that loosely. She’s a pretty bland individua.
I think she has quite a few talents, she plays the piano, her drawings are quite good, her photographs are also quite good, she plays tennis and is generally sporty, she seems to raise her children well, gets on with people (apart from MM apparently), can cook and bake, seems to be able to put events together and has good taste.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think she has quite a few talents, she plays the piano, her drawings are quite good, her photographs are also quite good, she plays tennis and is generally sporty, she seems to raise her children well, gets on with people (apart from MM apparently), can cook and bake, seems to be able to put events together and has good taste.
She does drawings?

Yes, they published one of her drawings of St Andrews one or two years ago. It was quite good.

I think they published it when she visited with Prince William, I can't quite remember when it was.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.