The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing wrong with the way black people officiate sermons, but be honest he that officiated that wedding went on and on and on, it never ended. Is it any wonder people were bewildered and amused, even chicken legs had her head bowed giggling.
"It never ended" is he still at it then?

I think she has quite a few talents, she plays the piano, her drawings are quite good, her photographs are also quite good, she plays tennis and is generally sporty, she seems to raise her children well, gets on with people (apart from MM apparently), can cook and bake, seems to be able to put events together and has good taste.
Why did I read that in the voice of Caroline Bingley?
And above all this posses a certain something in her air

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Why did I read that in the voice of Caroline Bingley?
And above all this posses a certain something in her air
You mean her interests are quite upper class?

Maybe, but not anymore I think.
Those interests are now accessible to anyone.

In any case, she is disciplined and skilled, if she would be lazy and just lounge about she wouldn't be so skilled at these things.

Reactions: 5
I think she has quite a few talents, she plays the piano, her drawings are quite good, her photographs are also quite good, she plays tennis and is generally sporty, she seems to raise her children well, gets on with people (apart from MM apparently), can cook and bake, seems to be able to put events together and has good taste.
Welcome back TYL

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s the most interesting thing about her and I’m saying that loosely. She’s a pretty bland individua.
I think it's smart of her to have a bland public profile. We know v little about her or her opinions on anything and I think that's kind of fitting for her role. Sure she could do a bit more charity work but she shouldn't be sharing her opinion on everything. It's part of the job to stay neutral on all but the most uncontroversial of topics. I think Kate gets a lot of unfair criticism in that regard. She's not a politician or a campaigner but she's not supposed to be. She's meant to turn up to charity events, smile and be nice to people and she does that very well. She could definitely do a bit more of it and she could do something more impactful than her early years focus but we're never going to know much about her personality or her private beliefs.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Welcome back TYL
I don't know what you mean. Text you later?

I am not a super fan, but I don't think Kate has no talents or interests whatsoever. She is who she is.

What can we expect from a wife of the future king? That she is a Marilyn Manson double or directs horror movies or crosses the channel naked?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
You mean her interests are quite upper class?

Maybe, but not anymore I think.
Those interests are now accessible to anyone.

In any case, she is disciplined and skilled, if she would be lazy and just lounge about she wouldn't be so skilled at these things.
She is the perfect upper class 1813 lady … 😉

Reactions: 3
I do like Kate, I appreciate her fashion and the fact that she herself doesn't seem to enjoy causing drama. It's quite rare to see in someone who has a public profile.

I also think that the criticism that she's bland and all that would be better aimed at the BRF itself. The institution as such dislikes big personalities. It's not about individuals, except the Queen of course, and now to a lesser extent KC. Kate isn't supposed to steal the show, not with her opinions or her charities or anything. It's sad if you think about it. She went to good schools, has led an interesting life. I'm sure she has opinions but she can't give them freely.

She also seems smart, imo. She knows what happened to Diana of course, she's seen what happened with the Sussexes. She knows that's not what William wants or what she wants if the goal is becoming queen one day so she just stays in her little corner and is as harmless as possible.

They do need better advisers for their charity portfolio but really, how much say does she have?

Reactions: 10
Yes, they published one of her drawings of St Andrews one or two years ago. It was quite good.

I think they published it when she visited with Prince William, I can't quite remember when it was.
I think this is the one she did
325EE2D3-0CD6-49C7-B6E6-6F5DD3A42075.jpeg

It’s quite good! I wish she demonstrated these a bit more with her charity work, art is so important.

I think it's smart of her to have a bland public profile. We know v little about her or her opinions on anything and I think that's kind of fitting for her role. Sure she could do a bit more charity work but she shouldn't be sharing her opinion on everything. It's part of the job to stay neutral on all but the most uncontroversial of topics. I think Kate gets a lot of unfair criticism in that regard. She's not a politician or a campaigner but she's not supposed to be. She's meant to turn up to charity events, smile and be nice to people and she does that very well. She could definitely do a bit more of it and she could do something more impactful than her early years focus but we're never going to know much about her personality or her private beliefs.
I think I just wish I knew more about her as a person and I wish she reflected that in her charities and such. Girls in sport is such a big issue, she could really champion that and make a difference. I’ve found what she’s done so far hasn’t really stood out for me.

Reactions: 10
I think this is the one she did
View attachment 1781590
It’s quite good! I wish she demonstrated these a bit more with her charity work, art is so important.

I think I just wish I knew more about her as a person and I wish she reflected that in her charities and such. Girls in sport is such a big issue, she could really champion that and make a difference. I’ve found what she’s done so far hasn’t really stood out for me.
Yes, that is the sketch they released. I think she also did a drawing related to her sister's wedding, but cannot remember where I read it and what it was, I might also confuse this with something else.

She could do a bit more, I suppose, but then again she also needs to step back and let others/her charity shine (that's also the criticism MM has received: she made it all about her), and it seems that her role is quite restricted / defined by the institution itself.

But she released the sketch, her photographs, actively participates in sport events (sailing and she was active when visiting her rugby charity), played the piano at her carols concert and seems to enjoy baking (she did a couple of things with Mary Berry?).

Frankly, that's more than I can do :eek:

Reactions: 2
I know about white churches I don't need a lecture, but if I see a black person officiating in a different way I don't think of it as strange it's just different. I certainly don't start sniggering like Beatrice and Eugenie who obviously find different cultures funny they must have been trained by Hussey.
you asked a question and got an answer. No one was lecturing you.

Reactions: 6
Ha, I am watching the crown and in episode 7 Diana asks M Bashier where his home is, he responds with a place in the UK, and she says "no, I mean originally".
As if they had a crystal ball.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I don't know what you mean. Text you later?

I am not a super fan, but I don't think Kate has no talents or interests whatsoever. She is who she is.

What can we expect from a wife of the future king? That she is a Marilyn Manson double or directs horror movies or crosses the channel naked?
You have been missed

Reactions: 1
Just up on the daily fail! I think her make up is highlighting it even more too 😑
Her makeup always looks awful imo. Her eye makeup is too heavy and makes her eyes look smaller, and her blusher makes her look like shes been backhanded.

For her wedding she did it herself and was praised her for being relatable. I think it's ridiculous, your marrying a future head of state and your wedding day is being watched by millions around the world, now is not the time to practise what you learnt at the bobbi brown counter at Peter Jones

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I wish Harry could focus on the more positive stuff he does like the Spiderman video for the kids ... That's the Harry we love.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
This isn’t the Ngozi thread, it’s the RF thread. Leave her alone. She’s not a public figure and her name choices are her own.
You obviously don't live in London - she's no stranger to local media here. Actively fronting a charity makes her a "public figure."

She’s not actually entitled to one. That’s the thing. Even without the racism, it was rude.
Part of her "job" is to sound people out before introducing them to the host/ess of the function. She's been doing it for decades without apparent incident, which suggests the the problem in this instance wasn't with her.

If I was at a formal event and someone asked where I was from, I would reply with the name of the organisation I worked for, not the place I live in.
That's nice. At work-related events I've often been asked where I'm from in the sense that Mc Fulani took exception to, but I don't. I have a non-local accent, so even when I've said where I live locally, I've then been asked where I'm from originally. Big deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
It’s the most interesting thing about her and I’m saying that loosely. She’s a pretty bland individua.
I am pretty sure that’s deliberate as it worked well for Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mother . But it’s well know the queen liked horses and QM liked a gin. Kate feels like this blank (and tbh boring) canvas. I think she likes photography and then being royal?? I can’t help but think she and William are boring. They might not be in real life of course but their public profiles are tedious. Harry (back in the day) always gave the vibe of being the fun one. But then seeing how that’s turned out maybe boring is sensible!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.