The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure Kate is bland. I don't think she has a great work ethic, nor do I find her particularly talented - cooking & baking & getting along well with people are all things most of us were quite good at 20, let alone 40 with every possible advantage at our disposal - but bland, not quite.

I think Kate's public persona is curated, crafted and tweaked completely based on what the RF wants and by extension, what the public expects. After Diana, and as reiterated by Meghan, spouses who rock the boat are simply incompatible with the royal framework. If pigs could fly tomorrow and the RF decided they wanted to be fun and entertaining instead of stuffy and traditional, you bet Kate would be out by the end of the week wearing a sparkly leotaud and her tap dancing shoes.

She is what THEY want and she will always, ALWAYS comply. Partly because she is supporting William but IMO, Kate is determined to be Queen at whatever personal cost. She will never jeopardise that and William wants to be King, so they are very compatible in that sense. I actually think she's quite calculating and is disciplined enough to give up anything and everything that may compromise her position...and that's certainly not a bland person.

Reactions: 17
@Popcorn&Peanuts I somewhat agree. But I don’t think there is a big personal cost. We all sacrifice things along the way for a big goal. If you say yes to one thing it inevitably means saying no to others. As long as Kate is fine with those sacrifices because she feels her goal is worth it, that’s fine by me. I don’t think she is a puppet. Or at least, not more than the other royals when they listen to idiotic advisors. I also agree that she and W seem to have more of a „partners in crime“ thing going on. Their relationship might be more transactional than the modern norm. Again. If both are happy with it, so can everyone else.

I do think however, W&K need to find a better way to present themselves and their work. Especially if they plan on following more continental royal engagement numbers. Lower numbers are inevitable BUT in that case what you do should look worth double. I think W would do well to push a more armed forces focus. Not to stick the finger to his brother but because he will be their Commander in Chief. Time to show up for some basic training for all branches. Be the surprise guest at a medal/swearing in ceremony and so on. Both could support the renewable energy angle- especially energy made in Britain- especially in the current energy crisis. Affordable green energy made in the UK. That’s kind of a PR dream. No political clash whatsoever because you can support that all while the government buys energy wherever. We have already discussed many great ideas how Kate could look better in her work. From how to make the Early Years work to what other causes might work even better for her. Whatever they do though, they need to hurry. They really should have started 5-7 years ago. Stop travelling and get to work. Let the king represent the UK on lots of trips and work in the UK. Apart from big royal events. It’s time E&S step back and W&K raid the vault and mingle with their continental counterparts. I never got why this didn’t happen. The next in line being present to have a smooth take over AND getting all the pretty pictures. After all, the second you have the crown on your head you don’t need to proof anything anymore.

Reactions: 7
I'm not sure Kate is bland. I don't think she has a great work ethic, nor do I find her particularly talented - cooking & baking & getting along well with people are all things most of us were quite good at 20, let alone 40 with every possible advantage at our disposal - but bland, not quite.

I think Kate's public persona is curated, crafted and tweaked completely based on what the RF wants and by extension, what the public expects. After Diana, and as reiterated by Meghan, spouses who rock the boat are simply incompatible with the royal framework. If pigs could fly tomorrow and the RF decided they wanted to be fun and entertaining instead of stuffy and traditional, you bet Kate would be out by the end of the week wearing a sparkly leotaud and her tap dancing shoes.

She is what THEY want and she will always, ALWAYS comply. Partly because she is supporting William but IMO, Kate is determined to be Queen at whatever personal cost. She will never jeopardise that and William wants to be King, so they are very compatible in that sense. I actually think she's quite calculating and is disciplined enough to give up anything and everything that may compromise her position...and that's certainly not a bland person.
Spot in I think

Andrew is an “interesting” personality?? Only if you find Andrew interesting surely? So it’s him, his children and possibly his ex-wife. Think everyone else is pretty horrified by him/amazed at his complete lack of self-awareness.
Never found Andrew interesting before his Epstein connections were revealed he came over as being a bully and very full of himself.

Reactions: 3

I don't agree with the "not particularly talented" part, as I do think she has a talent for the arts and for sports.

But I agree that she is disciplined and determined and also ambitious.

Yes, she wants to keep and expand her role within the BRF and is therefore willing to compromise a lot.
But to be fair: Isn't this the same for anyone who wants a promotion / progress in a corporate. If you are too different, rock the boat or criticise top management or your boss you are often out quite quickly.

I don't agree with the "not particularly talented" part, as I do think she has a talent for the arts and for sports.

Yes, she wants to keep and expand her role within the BRF and is therefore willing to compromise a lot.
But to be fair: Isn't this the same for anyone who wants a promotion / progress in a corporate. If you are too different, rock the boat or criticise top management or your boss you are often out quite quickly.
In her case though, it’s not the top management she is trying to keep on side … it’s the personal assistants.

Also, I would question that she does actually want to expand her role. She seems quite happy with the status quo.

Reactions: 9

I disagree with you on that - I think Carole for making sure she's stays with William and people within the palace pushing their own agendas are though. If she was ambitious, she would've done a whole lot more than what she's done so far.

I disagree with you on that - I think Carole for making sure she's stays with William and people within the palace pushing their own agendas are though. If she was ambitious, she would've done a whole lot more than what she's done so far.
I think Carole has a lot of influence on Kate. I don't think she is ambitious either she just does as she is told. She knows how Diana rocked the boat and has no desire to be the same.

Reactions: 6
Liking horses and gin doesn't make a fascinating personality!! We know the equivalent for Kate anyway - she likes sport and photography. The more 'successful' royals are the bland ones. Most of the interesting personalities weren't good at being royal e.g. Harry, Margaret, Diana, Andrew.
Andrew, aside from being loathed by almost everyone he's come in contact with, is said to be the most boring royal of them all! His interests extend to golf and watching golf on TV.

Andrew, aside from being loathed by almost everyone he's come in contact with, is said to be the most boring royal of them all! His interests extend to golf and watching golf on TV.
I think that’s unfair. He’s also very interested in pizza, money and 17 year old girls.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
All these women who marry into the RF are socially ambitious at the very least. Diana might’ve been naive but the Spencer family were calculated and wanted one of their daughters to marry Charles. Meghan Markle wanted the fame, money, and social climbing opportunities. Kate might be a more traditional choice compared to Markle, but there’s no way she would’ve let William jerk her around like that and dump her several times if he wasn’t the future king. I don’t doubt she does love William but the benefits he brought to her and her family are too good to ignore. Look at who Pippa and James were able to socialize with and marry, and how well the Middletons have done after her marriage (they were doing well before but not at this level). Her connection to William definitely helped and there’s no shame in calling a spade a spade.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
All these women who marry into the RF are socially ambitious at the very least. Diana might’ve been naive but the Spencer family were calculated and wanted one of their daughters to marry Charles. Meghan Markle wanted the fame, money, and social climbing opportunities. Kate might be a more traditional choice compared to Markle, but there’s no way she would’ve let William jerk her around like that and dump her several times if he wasn’t the future king. I don’t doubt she does love William but the benefits he brought to her and her family are too good to ignore. Look at who Pippa and James were able to socialize with and marry, and how well the Middletons have done after her marriage (they were doing well before but not at this level). Her connection to William definitely helped and there’s no shame in calling a spade a spade.
Agree re Kate. Still feel for Diana though aged 19, naive and let down by her family.
Anyone seen the new Netflix trailer? 😳😳😳

I'm not sure how reliable it is but seen this on Reddit...if it's true that's a really bad look for W&K.....

1670246006670.png

• Wow
Reactions: 8
They won’t let us get too much of an insight into Kate because they do not want the public to like her more than William, they do not want another “peoples’ princess”

Reactions: 5
What do you mean by that? How do you know if they live a privileged life? How many miles have you walked in their shoes?
Privilege in the context of the conversation, of which we’ve all decided to move past. There is a privilege to being a non POC in this country. That being acknowledged doesn’t negate that there is a privilege related to class, advantages in childhoods, sexuality etc. We all have privileges and setbacks.

Reactions: 5
Agree re Kate. Still feel for Diana though aged 19, naive and let down by her family.
Anyone seen the new Netflix trailer? 😳😳😳
Just seen it. They are going in with both barrels. Makes it laughable that they think they can then kiss and make up with everyone once they have put their side of the story out.

Reactions: 4
They won’t let us get too much of an insight into Kate because they do not want the public to like her more than William, they do not want another “peoples’ princess”
I don’t think there’s much danger of that.
Diana had many MANY faults, but she did appear to have genuine warmth and empathy. Kate seems cold, lazy and utterly devoid of personality.

Reactions: 8
Privilege in the context of the conversation, of which we’ve all decided to move past. There is a privilege to being a non POC in this country. That being acknowledged doesn’t negate that there is a privilege related to class, advantages in childhoods, sexuality etc. We all have privileges and setbacks.
White is a colour. And FYI I know people who have been explicitly rejected for job applications because they are white.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
White is a colour. And FYI I know people who have been explicitly rejected for job applications because they are white.
Ok. Nothing to do with the conversation of systematic issues in the country leading to the necessity of positive discrimination in particular sectors, but sure. Let’s move on (as we already did).

I think Carole has a lot of influence on Kate. I don't think she is ambitious either she just does as she is told. She knows how Diana rocked the boat and has no desire to be the same.
Yes this is what I think. Carole is ambitious for her, and she did her bidding, then went straight into doing the RF's bidding. I agree with the PP who said if the Royals suddenly said they wanted to be more exciting, she'd be out there in a sparkly leotard, unquestionably. I think both Kate and William want the status of being King and Queen, as well as that status for their children, and will do the bare minimum required to achieve that. Whether what the Royals want will stop them becoming irrelevant in the future is another question. I think Kate is quite happy doing what she is told, and William is quite happy that he can basically do what he likes and his wife will let him.

I'm not sure how reliable it is but seen this on Reddit...if it's true that's a really bad look for W&K.....

View attachment 1784006
I watched a bit of it and thought the same thing- William, Kate and their entourage, Clara Amfo, who is based in the UK and David Beckham, who is also based in the UK were the ones I saw. Also, all of the nominees were worthy. Surely the money spent on a glitzy celeb filled event could have been added to the £1m and maybe smaller prizes given to more of them?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.