The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen it. They are going in with both barrels. Makes it laughable that they think they can then kiss and make up with everyone once they have put their side of the story out.
It looks like it's going to touch on the same themes as Oprah but longer and with more detail. Basically Meghan was a royal rock star but then it all turned. They're really getting panned in the comments for the trailer!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It looks like it's going to touch on the same themes as Oprah but longer and with more detail. Basically Meghan was a royal rock star but then it all turned. They're really getting panned in the comments for the trailer!
How much more can they possibly have left to say? If I did a job for 10 weeks that I left three and a half years ago but kept going on and on about how awful it was, then I'd fully expect people to tell me to STFU

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
How much more can they possibly have left to say? If I did a job for 10 weeks that I left three and a half years ago but kept going on and on about how awful it was, then I'd fully expect people to tell me to STFU
I'm still going to watch the first episode at least. They need to move on though - this has to be the last TV programme where they can talk about this. Who is going to buy Harry's book if it's all in this documentary anyway? I think they're actually driving more people to quietly support the RF at this stage!

"reveals more bombshell claims from the couple, including Harry claiming there is a 'hierarchy' within the Royal Family."

This is a quote from the daily mail! A hierarchy within the family imagine!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm still going to watch the first episode at least. They need to move on though - this has to be the last TV programme where they can talk about this. Who is going to buy Harry's book if it's all in this documentary anyway? I think they're actually driving more people to quietly support the RF at this stage!

"reveals more bombshell claims from the couple, including Harry claiming there is a 'hierarchy' within the Royal Family."

This is a quote from the daily mail! A hierarchy within the family imagine!!!
That comment about the hierarchy make me LOL. Like it's some stunning revelation! Supposedly they've found their freedom, they're happy, they're content. Great. So why keep going on and on about one very short period in your life? Because £££ that's why.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
£88m is a ridiculous amount of money for a documentary like that. I don't think enough people care about the royal family or harry and meghan for that amount of money to be justifiable.

Reactions: 12
£88m is a ridiculous amount of money for a documentary like that. I don't think enough people care about the royal family or harry and meghan for that amount of money to be justifiable.
Is that just for the documentary or was it for everything they were going to do with Netflix? I think it's going to get loads of views - the trailers are getting lots of (negative) engagement so if that translates into views Netflix will be very happy. I don't know how many views it worked need to get to earn back 88 million though.

Reactions: 6
Is that just for the documentary or was it for everything they were going to do with Netflix? I think it's going to get loads of views - the trailers are getting lots of (negative) engagement so if that translates into views Netflix will be very happy. I don't know how many views it worked need to get to earn back 88 million though.
Yes that's the thing. Netflix don't care if people avidly watch it because they love Harry and Meghan or if people hate watch it to be outraged, as long as they watch it. The DM was just one long advert for it today, and they know it. No matter how outraged they pretend to be. They will be using it for content for months to come.

Reactions: 13
Yes that's the thing. Netflix don't care if people avidly watch it because they love Harry and Meghan or if people hate watch it to be outraged, as long as they watch it. The DM was just one long advert for it today, and they know it. No matter how outraged they pretend to be. They will be using it for content for months to come.
I kind of love the way the DM are exposing all those images of paparazzi as being from other events. Katie Price's court case was my favourite!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just seen it. They are going in with both barrels. Makes it laughable that they think they can then kiss and make up with everyone once they have put their side of the story out.
There is no way back for them now. Maybe the kids when they are adults may try to get back in touch, but Harry has burnt too many bridges. I think now his grandmother is gone, that's fine by him.

Reactions: 7
I do believe there is something to this documentary. If it was pointless and they held no cards then there wouldn’t have been this campaign to silence them. The show will be popular as people are curious. Any tv show involving the royals draws people in as they’re one of the oldest institutions in the world.

If Harry and William weren’t royal ITV would’ve tried to get them both on I’m a Celebrity or Celebrity Big Brother to have it out on tv. They’re both absolutely irrelevant without their royal titles. I don’t believe either side is blameless. There are skeletons in the royal closet like there are in any family.

Reactions: 9
I do believe there is something to this documentary. If it was pointless and they held no cards then there wouldn’t have been this campaign to silence them. The show will be popular as people are curious. Any tv show involving the royals draws people in as they’re one of the oldest institutions in the world.

If Harry and William weren’t royal ITV would’ve tried to get them both on I’m a Celebrity or Celebrity Big Brother to have it out on tv. They’re both absolutely irrelevant without their royal titles. I don’t believe either side is blameless. There are skeletons in the royal closet like there are in any family.
What campaign to silence them?? I don't think there's been any attempt to prevent their Netflix documentary.

Reactions: 4
There is no way back for them now. Maybe the kids when they are adults may try to get back in touch, but Harry has burnt too many bridges. I think now his grandmother is gone, that's fine by him.
I think they'll stay close to some cousins. Relations with W&C appear to be a little frosty, but both brothers have their own young families now. I reckon they'll regain some closeness in time. Does depend a bit on what H&M come out with next!!

Reactions: 2
I think they'll stay close to some cousins. Relations with W&C appear to be a little frosty, but both brothers have their own young families now. I reckon they'll regain some closeness in time. Does depend a bit on what H&M come out with next!!
I wonder if they've had to go further in this documentary than they did on Oprah and actually name names. When Harry says in the trailer that people were planting stories about them, is he going to say who? Surely Netflix will want the goods considering the amount of money they've spent. If that's the case then I don't think William will be too forgiving. I find it hard to see them being close in the future. There can't be any trust between them now.

Reactions: 7
I think William and Harry are done for good. There’s no going back from this. I wonder what’s going to be different from the docuseries to the book.

Reactions: 9
I think William and Harry are done for good. There’s no going back from this. I wonder what’s going to be different from the docuseries to the book.
Fortunately for Harry this is not the Middle Ages and William will not send him to the Tower or have him beheaded and there is a world beyond Europe for him to stay in exile in

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Fortunately for Harry this is not the Middle Ages and William will not send him to the Tower or have him beheaded and there is a world beyond Europe for him to stay in exile in
Yeah I meant the relationship between Harry and William is going to be non existent. I highly doubt their children will ever know each other properly either. They will all be estranged after this (although I think they already are estranged anyways).

Reactions: 8
Yeah I meant the relationship between Harry and William is going to be non existent. I highly doubt their children will ever know each other properly either. They will all be estranged after this (although I think they already are estranged anyways).
I wonder if they'll stop pretending that it's all alright and just not invite them to the coronation. Much loved family members isn't very plausible anymore.
I think William is done with Harry but it must be harder for Charles as a parent to cut ties entirely.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I wonder if they'll stop pretending that it's all alright and just not invite them to the coronation. Much loved family members isn't very plausible anymore.
I think William is done with Harry but it must be harder for Charles as a parent to cut ties entirely.
If, as has been rumoured, Harry's book really goes for Charles and Camilla then I think that might be the nail in the coffin for KC

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.