The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I think this has let the cat out, yet there were always subtle ways in which racism or lack of respect for a different culture was shown. At Harry and Meghan's wedding, when the black minister was preaching in a very animated way Beatrice Eugenie looked as if they were about to burst out laughing and undoubtably mocked him behind his back.
their reactions wasn't to do with the colour of his skin but rather his strange sermon

Reactions: 14
their reactions wasn't to do with the colour of his skin but rather his strange sermon
It was so not British and most definitely not what you expect from an uptight royal wedding. I think it just took everyone by surprise tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So anyway to be clear my (Irish) mother was fascinated by the British Royal Family
She was old enough to remember Queen Mary. BUT she was as republican as fvvk
I’m more republican (when it comes to the monarchy) than not but I am interested by them. Same with monarchies across the world, I think it’s because I’m interested in history, fashion/fashion history and the jewellery and it’s gone from there.

Reactions: 10
Meghan had her wishes granted re the wedding. She wasn't browbeaten into having an uptight royal wedding in keeping with tradition. She was given away by Prince Charles. She could have had it all....but chose not to.

Reactions: 9
The best way to deal with narcissists is to greywall them, I hope the RF don't react in any way to H&M apart from an occasional "that's nice dear"
This documentary is going to end in tears. There's already questions about how H&M photographers got into the palace and that's just from there trailer. They'll be questions about when were pieces filmed? Was it pre or post their leaving TRF? How long in the making has this been? etc etc.

Once the documentary and book are done what else have they got to sell? Surely this stuff has a shelf life?

Reactions: 12
A little bit off topic, but regarding aristocracy. I have been watching the 4 part series on Castle Howard and the Howard estate. It's interesting how much goes into upkeep of these ancestral country homes.

Are these aristocratic families all related in some way to the royals or not? For e.g, are the Spencer family related at all to the royals or do these aristocrats just mingle in the same circles as the royals? I know that the owner of Highclere castle was the godson to the Queen.

Reactions: 2
Why strange?
Traditional white churches, the sermons are very quiet and sedate. Look at the Queen’s funeral or any episode to Songs of Praise to see what usually happens. Whereas black churches (from what I’ve been told by friends) tend to be more vigorous and animated which I think is wonderful, I rather enjoyed his sermon even though I’m not a believer.
I think it was a clash of cultures that was surprising. When he started talking it did surprise me because I wasn’t expecting it.

Reactions: 6
Traditional white churches, the sermons are very quiet and sedate. Look at the Queen’s funeral or any episode to Songs of Praise to see what usually happens. Whereas black churches (from what I’ve been told by friends) tend to be more vigorous and animated which I think is wonderful, I rather enjoyed his sermon even though I’m not a believer.
I think it was a clash of cultures that was surprising. When he started talking it did surprise me because I wasn’t expecting it.
I know about white churches I don't need a lecture, but if I see a black person officiating in a different way I don't think of it as strange it's just different. I certainly don't start sniggering like Beatrice and Eugenie who obviously find different cultures funny they must have been trained by Hussey.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
I know about white churches I don't need a lecture, but if I see a black person officiating in a different way I don't think of it as strange it's just different. I certainly don't start sniggering like Beatrice and Eugenie who obviously find different cultures funny they must have been trained by Hussey.
Jeez ... do we literally have to watch every word we say on here now? :rolleyes:

It was strange in the circumstances. I was taken aback too when I watched it because I wasn't expecting it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m more republican (when it comes to the monarchy) than not but I am interested by them. Same with monarchies across the world, I think it’s because I’m interested in history, fashion/fashion history and the jewellery and it’s gone from there.
Yeah that would be me too

Reactions: 3
Sorry for using the wrong term. Not very up on royalty so assumed if they went somewhere, it was a tour 🤦‍♀️ why don’t you think it went well?
There were too many distractions from what they were there for.

The Lady Hussey Race row and then Netflix taking full advantage of their visit to drop the H&M trailer. It just seemed to overshadow things.

their reactions wasn't to do with the colour of
Overall, what do people make of the tour by the Wales’s to America? Was it a success?
It just seemed a bit pointless. I doubt it was on many Americans radar. I kind of get the impression that the Queen was the only one they held in any kind of regard.

I do think the days of massive Royal Tours are over.

I see much scaled back versions were TRF may just attend a particular event somewhere rather than a tour of a country. The last few haven't been well received and some of the optics haven't looked great.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.