The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought Kate looked stunning in that green dress. Just shows that there's no pleasing everyone 👍👍👍
Me too. She promotes the UK perfectly and carries herself beautifully. I'm certainly not going to nit pick.

Reactions: 10
Why would the British RF be against Americans? Surely they are not still seething about Wallis Simpson who's affair with Edward Viii led to the abdication nearly a hundred years ago? Can you explain please?
You didn't ask me, but I still want to volunteer my opinion.
I think it is a cultural thing, the BRF being very "British upper class" with a certain etiquette, behaviours and style and Americans being more casual, relaxed, a bit more extroverted (like the reverend). This might cause irritation.

Reactions: 1
Why are people so obsessed with Meghan? I don’t like her but it's easy enough to ignore her.
I feel exactly the same and I hate comments like that about the stones. It's just continuous stirring and feeds into her narrative.

I'm pretty sure Catherine doesn't spend her entire day working out how she can get in sly digs at Meghan. That is a well known piece of jewellery and given it's colour is perfect for the dress.

I've changed my mind about the outfit. I was particularly grumpy last night (spent the entire evening slagging everyone off on Strictly too) and think it was a bold choice.

Reactions: 9
I think it is a cultural thing, the BRF being very "British upper class" with a certain etiquette, behaviours and style and Americans being more casual, relaxed, a bit more extroverted (like the reverend). This might cause irritation.
Exactly this

Reactions: 2
She does look extremely thin, and has over the last few years. The outfit she picks doesn't help matters either like the long coats.

That isn't to say she isn't beautiful becuase she clearly is.

The dress and choker are both gorgeous but don't match AT ALL she should've either chose a darker green dress or worn plain diamonds or nothing at all
Yep, it was the clash of greens and the drag queen make up that got me. She looks like she’s attending the ITV gala, not such an important global event.

And I love Kate too 😬

Reactions: 3
I feel exactly the same and I hate comments like that about the stones. It's just continuous stirring and feeds into her narrative.

I'm pretty sure Catherine doesn't spend her entire day working out how she can get in sly digs at Meghan. That is a well known piece of jewellery and given it's colour is perfect for the dress.

I've changed my mind about the outfit. I was particularly grumpy last night (spent the entire evening slagging everyone off on Strictly too) and think it was a bold choice.
I actually think the shade of the dress was deliberately chosen to make the emeralds pop and bring focus to her face. They wouldn't have done that if the dress had been the same green.

I don't like the the dress. Boston is known as the 33rd county of Ireland so it was a bit cringe. Fair play to her for her efforts to be 'relatable'. Genuine comment, not being snarky

I don't like the the dress. Boston is known as the 33rd county of Ireland so it was a bit cringe. Fair play to her for her efforts to be 'relatable'. Genuine comment, not being snarky
I suppose green was the obvious colour to go for though. It was a green event. I don't think it was meant to represent Ireland/Boston

Reactions: 9
I suppose green was the obvious colour to go for though. It was a green event. I don't think it was meant to represent Ireland/Boston
Absolutely don't get me wrong, she wants to show respect, but on occasion she over does it. I wouldn't want to in her shoes at all.

Why are people so obsessed with Meghan? I don’t like her but it's easy enough to ignore her.
Exactly. Kate had been wearing emerald pieces before. And I really really doubt M was demanding stones from this choker for her engagement ring. WTF? For allegedly being so obsessed with Emeralds she wears them surprisingly little? If not to say- never? I can’t recall any emerald piece she has been wearing.

Reactions: 8
The best way to deal with narcissists is to greywall them, I hope the RF don't react in any way to H&M apart from an occasional "that's nice dear"

Reactions: 7
Exactly. Kate had been wearing emerald pieces before. And I really really doubt M was demanding stones from this choker for her engagement ring. WTF? For allegedly being so obsessed with Emeralds she wears them surprisingly little? If not to say- never? I can’t recall any emerald piece she has been wearing.
She must have known (which she wanted) she'd only be minor.

Reactions: 1
If there is even a scintilla of truth in this story then Meghan and Harry are more delusional than I thought.

I had a family member who dropped what she thought was a load of truth bombs on the family and caused absolute chaos and bad feeling in the family for years. The thing was she was very much off the opinion 'I've said what I wanted to say so now we can all move on'. I fear H&M are coming from the same place. Actions have consequences.

Reactions: 6
If there is even a scintilla of truth in this story then Meghan and Harry are more delusional than I thought.

I had a family member who dropped what she thought was a load of truth bombs on the family and caused absolute chaos and bad feeling in the family for years. The thing was she was very much off the opinion 'I've said what I wanted to say so now we can all move on'. I fear H&M are coming from the same place. Actions have consequences.
What have they been saying about John Lewis now?

• Haha
Reactions: 20

What have they been saying about John Lewis now?
I think Fenella has accidentally posted a link to an item on her Christmas list! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I doubt they're the only emeralds at the RF's disposal.

Oh, to be able to call your jeweller and get them to fashion a tiara out of a pair of old earrings and a necklace you've got bored with.
Or as Queen Mary called it, Monday.

• Haha
Outside of the New England elite, which is largely more British reserved (apart from the Boston Irish) that is the case. However plenty of US new money has always been brought in via marriage to boost funds of British old money aristocracy

So anyway to be clear my (Irish) mother was fascinated by the British Royal Family
She was old enough to remember Queen Mary. BUT she was as republican as fvvk

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.