The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought Kate looked stunning in that green dress. Just shows that there's no pleasing everyone šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘
She always looks stunning! I think it looks fab from behind. There's just something about the neckline and the whole shape of the top of it that I don't like.

I thought about Kate's Botox too! What's that about? Can't people just be happy with what they have rather than making their face look a tiny bit odd? It doesn't look natural or subtle at all.

Reactions: 4
So much Botox, filler, and eating disorder in one photo. It's scary. (I have nothing against Botox - I have got it in my forehead for migraines - but she has done something far more and it looks odd, not to mention how frighteningly thin she is.)

I think the outfit is horrendous - not a nice green and the silhouette with the choker looks odd. One rented outfit after spending thousands. #thrifty

Reactions: 8
I doubt they're the only emeralds at the RF's disposal.

Oh, to be able to call your jeweller and get them to fashion a tiara out of a pair of old earrings and a necklace you've got bored with.

Reactions: 5
I LOVE the neon green, such a departure from the greige/brown norm. So vibrant and all about the cause theyā€™re promoting. Itā€™s young and fresh. Also love the emeralds, but Iā€™m a sucker for the jewels and love seeing the historic prices being worn. I would kill for a dress like that*.

*I wore orange once and looked like the fruit

Reactions: 12
I think Kate looked beautiful but I wouldn't have chosen that dress for a pretty formal event. It seems like a dress for maybe when they're invited to the Brit awards or something more "fun".

She'd also need less Botox if she just gained a bit of weight so that her face recovered some natural fat to give her a more youthful look, but I can't even imagine the amount of stress and scrutiny she feels.

The look has grown on me; at first I was taken aback by the shade of green but now I see the whole look, it's beautiful.

The choker looks gorgeous on her, it's a Princess of Wales tradition so apt. Her weight is fine, I wish people would stop criticising people's bodies.

• Heart
The look has grown on me; at first I was taken aback by the shade of green but now I see the whole look, it's beautiful.

The choker looks gorgeous on her, it's a Princess of Wales tradition so apt. Her weight is fine, I wish people would stop criticising people's bodies.
If it's a comment directed to mine, It was an opinion not a criticism that a bit more weight would fill out her face. That's just what happens. Part of the reason why many people who lose lots of weight suddenly appear to have aged. But I literally said she looked beautiful. It's a bloody gossip site.

Reactions: 3
If it's a comment directed to mine, It was an opinion not a criticism that a bit more weight would fill out her face. That's just what happens. Part of the reason why many people who lose lots of weight suddenly appear to have aged. But I literally said she looked beautiful. It's a bloody gossip site.
No it was a reaction to 'frightening thin' upthread. I may be touchy as I've been criticised for my (perceived) non weight my entire life.

But yes she does look lovely.

Reactions: 4
Is that from today?! What has she done to her face?!
The dress is horrendous, she needs to fire Natasha Archer.
Like how the DM has managed to compare her to Diana, again.
I honestly do wonder if thereā€™s something more going on with her face than Botox - medical or neurological I mean. Because it has looked quite lopsided recently (not just this event).
If itā€™s Botox, sheā€™s either been getting far too much of it, or itā€™s been botched (which seems unlikely, youā€™d think she would have access to the best people).

Reactions: 3
Why would the British RF be against Americans? Surely they are not still seething about Wallis Simpson who's affair with Edward Viii led to the abdication nearly a hundred years ago? Can you explain please?
Itā€™s not specifically the UK actually. Ever since the Iraq war, Europe has developed a certain prejudice against the US. Politically it was easy enough, as they have gambled away all moral high ground that mostly stemmed from WWII with international coups, war, refusing to accept criticism or consequences if called out and so on. But the general goodwill/sympathy for the individual has also degraded. Loud, pompous, entitled, fat, excessive, over the top dramatic, superficial, unaware of anything older than 500 years, ignorant, crazy easy school curriculums, helicopter parentsā€¦ā€¦ that was the general prejudice. In the last years it has become worse and more confusing. Rednecks, religious zealots, crazy ideas about sex education, a society of cold egomaniacs against general health care or any sort of social net for those in unfortunate circumstances, being close minded right wingers that oppress women, womenā€™s rights (abortion, access to contraception) BUT also crazy left wingers that want to abolish the police, anything goes, brainwash children into bring transgender, abortion up to birth without rules, hyper wokeā€¦.. The USA made it very easy for Europe to ignore their own problems but just badmouth them and feel better about themselves. Like the fat brother that bullies and terrifies everyone at school.
So lotā€™s of the things M was criticised for were very much linked to her being US-American and the prejudice that has developed. Thatā€™s why the royal pr machine emphasised on her living in Canada at the beginning. Thatā€™s why in Sweden the Palace pushed Chris Oā€™Neil as British as he was generally disliked as ā€œthe Americanā€. H could have married Reese Witherspoon and the press would have written mostly the same and would have loved to dislike her.

Reactions: 2
No it was a reaction to 'frightening thin' upthread. I may be touchy as I've been criticised for my (perceived) non weight my entire life.

She does look extremely thin, and has over the last few years. The outfit she picks doesn't help matters either like the long coats.

That isn't to say she isn't beautiful becuase she clearly is.

The dress and choker are both gorgeous but don't match AT ALL she should've either chose a darker green dress or worn plain diamonds or nothing at all

Reactions: 6
Regarding Kateā€™s look for the gala. I am surprised how much I like the dress. The style looks good on her, even the colour doesnā€™t look as bad as I initially thought. She looks better if she isnā€™t buttoned up to her chin. But it looks bad on the neon green carpet. That was unfortunate. Love the shoes. The choker didnā€™t fit into it at all. Itā€™s not the first time her necklace doesnā€™t go well with her neckline. And the two greens were just too much in this case.
I agree with the poster that mentioned, she looks more and more like CP Mary. Not a fan because I donā€™t think she can pull the look off fashion wise. And yes, something happened with her face and very suddenly. I noticed it when they released her birthday pictures and she was basically unrecognisable. Same with the engagement in this green dress shortly after. She didnā€™t look like herself at all. It has become better again, so I assume she had something done and it was a tad too much.

Reactions: 2
My mum is very interested in accents, and used to work for an estate agents. She got told off for saying "where are you from?" when she heard an accent she didn't recognise. She wasn't being rude, she was really interested and wanted to be able to recognise lots of different accents.
There's a difference between being curious and being offensive.
I mean, people bringing attention to your accent and the way you speak can be annoying and perceived as rude. I have quite a distinct and, I'm told, ugly accent in my native language (lol), both in terms of pronunciation and in terms of the words and phrases we use. My boyfriend and I moved away from home so people around us tend to notice it.
It's very annoying when people draw attention to it, especially when it's people I don't know that well that I'm interacting with in a professional setting. It makes me feel self conscious and like I need to make an effort to hide it going forward in the conversation because it's "weird".
One time I was telling a story to a friend of mine about something that happened back home and whenever I used a certain local "quirk" (because it's how I speak naturally) she would repeat it back at me like it was the funniest thing she's ever heard. She didn't mean to be rude but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.
And it's just a local accent to the country I was born in, so in my case the whole discourse about discrimination against foreigners and immigrants doesn't even come into play but there's that too.

Reactions: 7

Yes I agree..Why is it fine to criticise people for being too thin whereas if you go anywhere near commenting on their weight gain it's condemned as fat shaming?As a thin person I would hate to be constantly under scrutiny as Kate is. We have no idea what pressure she is under. Unlike her sister-in-law she doesn't feel the need to keep telling us about her mental health.

Reactions: 9
Itā€™s because a lot of the posts were getting to be about Fulani herself and not necessarily related to the Royals.
I think it is a bit overly strict.
If someone comes out against the BRF then it is normal to ask "who is this person".
It just happened a couple of days ago, the discussion about this is not going on forever.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.