The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone think that this plan to “rehabilitate” the Duke of York is serious? Or are they just testing public opinion? To me it seems far too soon for him just to be back pretending like nothing happened. I think it could be very damaging to the royal family.

Reactions: 20
Does anyone think that this plan to “rehabilitate” the Duke of York is serious? Or are they just testing public opinion? To me it seems far too soon for him just to be back pretending like nothing happened. I think it could be very damaging to the royal family.
It doesn’t matter either way. Charles and William both actively dislike him and he will be frozen out completely when the Queen dies.

Reactions: 21
Brenda has got this SO WRONG. Either that, or its a way to make Charles more liked? Showing that he's totally against it. I mean, who could ever want that s@ck of sh!t anywhere NEAR public life?

Reactions: 5

I mean, they're black and white striped cushions on a black lawn chair. That's as ubiquitous as it comes and it really doesn't say or prove much of anything. 🤷‍♀️

But all that aside, is it that the implication is that Lili's photos are staged because she's not real? How does that work? Is it that Meghan and Harry got everyone else to go along with their scheming rent-a-baby plan? To what end?

Reactions: 14
I mean, they're black and white striped cushions on a black lawn chair. That's as ubiquitous as it comes and it really doesn't say or prove much of anything. 🤷‍♀️

But all that aside, is it that the implication is that Lili's photos are staged because she's not real? How does that work? Is it that Meghan and Harry got everyone else to go along with their scheming rent-a-baby plan? To what end?
Of course the kids are real, think of the amount of people who would need to cover that up! people who don't like them would have got hold of it and let it out there! I think Harry is a spoilt brat and Meghan doesn't understand how it all works...but fake babies in the royal family? No way!

Reactions: 15

Let’s not forget that Eugiene apparently redecorated Frogmore in ‘her style’ so it’s probably a set from the B&Q Windsor range.

Brenda has got this SO WRONG. Either that, or its a way to make Charles more liked? Showing that he's totally against it. I mean, who could ever want that s@ck of sh!t anywhere NEAR public life?
It’s not going terribly well

apparently he’s pulled out the Garter Ceremony.

Reactions: 3
It doesn’t matter either way. Charles and William both actively dislike him and he will be frozen out completely when the Queen dies.
TQ is having a rare mis-step with Andrew but fortunately Charles and William are on the ball.

Andrew is such a massive arrogant twit that nothing will get through to him that his not wanted.

Reactions: 15
I can believe PA to be desperately trying to get back into the game. I can also see the PR machine using him to make PC and W look better. Maybe it’s both. No matter what, I am happy we won’t see him.

Reactions: 8
I can believe PA to be desperately trying to get back into the game. I can also see the PR machine using him to make PC and W look better. Maybe it’s both. No matter what, I am happy we won’t see him.
It does seem like they always have to have one member of the family to spin and PR against. I mean, some do make it easier but even so, they better watch out. They’re running out of easy marks.

Reactions: 2
I think it's right that they need to give Andrew something to do and a way to earn money, to keep him busy and out of trouble. We might think he can't sink any lower, but someone with an inflated sense of entitlement and used to living a certain lifestyle could be ripe for causing further embarrassment, especially after the Queen is gone. BUT it should be a private family matter, not a public-facing role.

He could be given a vanity management position on one of the private royal estates, where he can bark orders and take meetings and feel important, but doesn't actually do anything of consequence or have contact with the general public. Both of his parents lived into their 90s, so he's not just going to go away anytime soon. A proactive approach is clearly needed.

Reactions: 9
One is a single chair and one is a double chair! They just happen to have striped cushions on them. There is a Harry and Meghan thread that many of us avoid for the fake baby conspiracy theorists.
It’s always baffling how many people really get invested in conspiracy theories. Be it H&M or other stuff. I find it has become so much worse in the last ten years. From my perspective it seems to me a global phenomenon but I have to admit that people from the US appear to more into it/open for it. That’s obviously just a subjective, anecdotal impression and I might be wrong.

@carriebooboo I agree. They need to set him up somewhere out of the public eye and keep him busy because he has decades where he can duck up again and again left. And I wouldn’t put it past him to badmouth them, write a biography/tell all and appear on tv/interviews out of spite if PC or Wiliam pull the plug.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I think it's right that they need to give Andrew something to do and a way to earn money, to keep him busy and out of trouble. We might think he can't sink any lower, but someone with an inflated sense of entitlement and used to living a certain lifestyle could be ripe for causing further embarrassment, especially after the Queen is gone. BUT it should be a private family matter, not a public-facing role.

He could be given a vanity management position on one of the private royal estates, where he can bark orders and take meetings and feel important, but doesn't actually do anything of consequence or have contact with the general public. Both of his parents lived into their 90s, so he's not just going to go away anytime soon. A proactive approach is clearly needed.
That's a good point actually. He could just be told to do something like manage Balmoral or something out of the way. Problem is, he wants the life of an oligarch, with all the playing in the dressing up box that being a Royal entails. It's not just money it's status for him. But he's burned those brigades. If only for the sake of his daughters he should slink away.

Reactions: 10
Maybe Andrew will get to experience a bit of what the Queen has done for the last 70 years. Not just galivanting around the world and acting like a playboy.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think they should invent a job for him, imagine the poor people who would have to work for him and his overblown sense of self importance. He would be a terrible boss, thinking he is all powerful and everyone should be bowing down to him. He has lost his HRH so shouldn’t be anymore important and anyone else working for the RF but will always think he is because he is the queens son and she is ready to indulge him.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think they should invent a job for him, imagine the poor people who would have to work for him and his overblown sense of self importance. He would be a terrible boss, thinking he is all powerful and everyone should be bowing down to him. He has lost his HRH so shouldn’t be anymore important and anyone else working for the RF but will always think he is because he is the queens son and she is ready to indulge him.
I know he’s in his 60’s but it does show how singularly unprepared they are for anything approaching real life for the most part. When the fancy uniforms are locked away, there’s really nothing left except horseriding round the grounds.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It doesn’t have to be a big job with lots of people working for him. “Managing” an estate in his case would mean driving the grounds, coming up with lots of aloof ideas and getting to say yes or no to a carefully selected set of improvements/actions. The real managing part would be done by someone else (as always). I think someone would get a nice handout to manage the property and him on top. So he would work with maybe a handful of people and the rest of the staff will just smile and nod and turn to the real manager afterwards. Not much different to now I presume. I am sure he is already walking around, blessing the staff with his presence and ideas wherever he goes. He is most definitely already full of “his overblown sense of self importance” and “a terrible boss, thinking he is all powerful and everyone should be bowing down to him.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I know he’s in his 60’s but it does show how singularly unprepared they are for anything approaching real life for the most part. When the fancy uniforms are locked away, there’s really nothing left except horseriding round the grounds.
It does. They really are unsuited to anything else but smiling and waving ( see also Harry) I keep saying this, but sadly I think it will not come to pass, but Charlotte and Louis need to be made to do something else. The narrative at the moment is that they are being trotted out to prepare for a life in the RF but that means the monarchy won't be slimmed down at all. It will still be all children of the Monarch employed ( by us) in the family business.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.