The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread.
Sponsored by marmalade sandwiches šŸ„Ŗ

Don't ruin it now Diana.
Iā€™m not watching the show and Iā€™ve taken a Nytol so when I saw this I thought you meant the spirit of Princess Diana and not Diana Rossā€¦

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I wonder if the Cambridge kids will be at the pageant tomorrow? It sounds great fun for the kids, but George & Charlotte will be knackered.

More so when you consider that if their brother is anything like my youngest he will be hugely narked off to not have been considered old enough to be allowed out out with his siblings tonight. Reckon heā€™ll be jumping on them at 5.30 am in revenge, letting off his loudest toys in their ears.

Hope their parents say ā€˜duck itā€™ and pull an ā€˜unauthorised absenceā€™ day from school for the older two on Monday. Those kids have been absolute troopers and deserve a day in their pyjamas, eating string cheese in front of the Disney Channel.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
This Jubilee celebration does feel like it's been cut back on. I know the palace said not to over egg the Queen, but for 70 years on the throne, and this happening every ten years, they should have gone all out. Tonight there seemed like more American artists than British. Feel like it could have been way better.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Who was the woman sat behind Prince William? She had a face like a smacked arse the entire night

• Haha
  • Heart
Who was the woman sat behind Prince William? She had a face like a smacked arse the entire night
I have been obsessing about that too. She moved along too as was originally right behind William and Kate. She wasnā€™t very cheery.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I really enjoyed the whole evening.

I did think the ending was a bit odd. Was waiting for the 'Hey Jude' nah nah nah nahhhhhhhh moment :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This Jubilee celebration does feel like it's been cut back on. I know the palace said not to over egg the Queen, but for 70 years on the throne, and this happening every ten years, they should have gone all out. Tonight there seemed like more American artists than British. Feel like it could have been way better.
I have felt this too about the whole thing. Not sure if itā€™s my age but a lot of the joy from 2013 seems missing.

I have felt this too about the whole thing. Not sure if itā€™s my age but a lot of the joy from 2013 seems missing.
I thought it was miles better. There was no need for Diana Ross when Shirley Basseyā€™s still knocking bangers out of the park. Rod Stewart and the leggy blonde (yawn) backing singers were cringe. Poor George Ezra. HOWEVER, the rest was pretty great and those projections/the drone show was incredible. Also, no Gary Barlow. Thereā€™s the win right there. No Gary Barlow.

Did it seem more joyful in 2012 (not 2013)? Probably, but the Jubilee was closely followed by the Olympics so we all had that to look forward to.

Also, this jubilee is tinged with sadness as we can all be pretty sure it will be the Queenā€™s last. I think thereā€™s a sense of saying goodbye, as well as celebration.

I drank a bottle of M&S Jubilee strawberry liqueur yesterday at a party in our cul de sac yesterday and fell asleep in my neighbourā€™s (empty) hot tub. Doxxing myself, I know, but Iā€™m having a lovely time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
2012 had the Jubillee, a well Queen and Prince Philip still with us And the whole Olympic vibe.
this one seems to have been a fingers crossed, donā€™t make eye contact and jinx it, living obituary vibe.

Reactions: 20
Tonight was great but felt just like the usual charity concert, opening ceremony, etc that we're used to seeing on TV except this one was at the palace. I think a huge royal variety performance would have been better, with more older acts who the Queen would actually recognise.

Reactions: 10
Tonight was great but felt just like the usual charity concert, opening ceremony, etc that we're used to seeing on TV except this one was at the palace. I think a huge royal variety performance would have been better, with more older acts who the Queen would actually recognise.
Actually I got distracted by your username, but I had my jubilee scones nicked!!! I'd bought them from a very good bakery few weeks back then when I went to get them yesterday they were gone. I did a 'dance of the stolen car' for a few minutes then had to leave for the train.

Never mind, next week it shall be (when they've restocked). Pissed me off a bit though.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I definately think the Queen is deteriorating mentally and physically.

Remember when she did the scene with Daniel Craig for the 2012 Olympics - completely straight/stern faced. She was also photographed during the opening ceremony looking totally bored and never seemed to crack a smile.

Contrast this with 10yrs later and the sketch with Paddington Bear - she's beaming and delivering a punchline. And then seems to joining in with Queen (the band)

This isn't the Queen I remember.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Remember when she did the scene with Daniel Craig for the 2012 Olympics - completely straight/stern faced. She was also photographed during the opening ceremony looking totally bored and never seemed to crack a smile.

Contrast this with 10yrs later and the sketch with Paddington Bear - she's beaming and delivering a punchline. And then seems to joining in with Queen (the band)

my Mum and I were chatting about it today and she said since Philip died she's never looked happier šŸ˜‚

I'm rewatching the Diamond Jubilee concert from 2012 and it does make tonight's concert seem more subdued for some reason - can't really put my finger on why. Maybe we're all jaded from the last few years! Although Rolf Harris' appearance didn't age well!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Hi, I hope Iā€™m not asking a stupid question, and I ask respectfully, if this is the Royal Family Thread, why does no one here seem to like the Royal Family? This reads like such a big fu to them, why not call it the anti-RF thread? Iā€™m thinking perhaps a lot more of us RF Fans are lurking here, hesitant to stand up for them for fear of being shouted down. And by more of us, I mean those who respect the Queen for all sheā€™s given for the past 70 years, Revered the world over.
Oh, and about the concert I get people being tired of Elton, and Paul, but tbh, theyā€™re Music Royalty, loved the world over. We give GB huge respect for them. Itā€™s like if you had the Mona Lisa hanging in the British Museum, and you;re complaining itā€™s so old. So, maybe most posters just donā€™t like much that happened before video games And everybody started getting a trophy for being there.
BTW, Iā€™m a NYer, but my Momā€™s family were Cheshires, and my Nana was Nutty for HMTQ. Taught me to curtsy at age 3, in case I ever met the Queenā€™. Rats ass chance Iā€™d ever be in the company of royals, but I know how to curtsy! Happy Jubilee :) Hereā€™s to the next one!
3E162897-C5FD-42AF-82AE-777237FA1103.gif
Namaste
28B05B5A-77B1-4CF3-87B6-18C9CC5DFFB6.gif

• Heart

Sheā€™s deteriorating mentally because she did a sketch ā€œwithā€ a well loved, popular character and seemed to be singing along with a world famous band? Maybe she thought 2012s opening ceremony was tit šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I decided not to watch the concert last night as it was the same boring lot as usual
Surely some classical music could have been featured or songs from musicals that were popular when the Queen was a youngster. She probably switched channels like me.

• Haha
I decided not to watch the concert last night as it was the same boring lot as usual
Surely some classical music could have been featured or songs from musicals that were popular when the Queen was a youngster. She probably switched channels like me.
Who cares about the dreadful performances and song-butcherings when there was a Corgi in the Sky

THERE WAS A CORGI IN THE SKY!!!

:love::love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Edited...

The concert.. well before 9pm it was good and engaging, enjoyed Diversity's decades dance (couldn't hear the singer coherently).
Don't want to see men dressed as women sashaying on the catwalk "girls on film" Duran x2.
Elton- why? What was the point? Why do a pre-recorded it didn't add anything to the live concert
Rod and his ageing idea of barbie backing singers, just give me the toon or sit down.
Mica Paris and Sound of Music, somebody's agent is going to murder the BBC cameramen for filming drones instead of the 3 performers, although the avoiding filming of the red head from Girls Aloud screeching was a blessingšŸ™

Diana Ross, was she Charles' choice? The end didn't end on a high.

William's speech šŸ„±

Patronising to the public to pretend TQ is watching this.

On a positive, the concert was less sombre than the seemingly final thanksgiving service (that we all watched for the fashion and H&M drama). I watched the concert although I had no intention to, so yep it succeeded in sucking me in, and I love Paddington!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.