The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it very weird how grown men call their mother 'mummy' lol wtf. Isn't that something you grow out of when you are 10

Reactions: 9
I strongly think there are attempts from some areas to get Andrew back in eg the archbishop comments about forgiveness.
thankfully whoever is managing the other internal opposition is winning, hence the covid, the no show yesterday etc. I’m hoping on this one they realise that there’s no way back and he is shunted off away from the public.

Reactions: 10
I loved this bit

you can feel the sychophancy virtually pulsing off the page.

chickens, your whole lives are a ‘burden on the taxpayer’. You ain’t going to suddenly be People Like Us because you have a Georgian grade II listed ‘cottage‘ in Granny’s back garden, whether you get the Farrow and Ball paint chart out or not.

(and The Staff may not live in, but there are plenty of staff quarters close by. I’m assuming the desired school will be Eton rather than the local comp).
It is infuriating that people actually fall for this nonsense. Anyone who cannot see the obvious sycophancy is being deliberately obtuse.

Poor Will and Kate with their humble 4-bedroom home and no live-in staff who only want to be close to Granny. See guys? They're just like the rest of us. Of course we will obfuscate the fact that the humble home is a Grade II listed mansion on a royal estate and that there are very likely nearby buildings holding the entire retinue of cooks, maids and nannies. Granny is of course the Queen and the nearby private schools cost upwards of £40k+ per annum.

Let's also make no mention of the fact they have their 20-room, £12 million-renovated Kensington Palace apartment with THREE kitchens or the £4 million supposedly spent on renovating Anmer Hall including a brand new kitchen and relocating an entire tennis court a few feet.

The unearned luxury and privileges is one thing but to pretend that they can even fathom what the average person lives like is downright insulting. They are not humble, modest, self-sacrificing or frugal by any measure.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It is infuriating that people actually fall for this nonsense. Anyone who cannot see the obvious sycophancy is being deliberately obtuse.

Poor Will and Kate with their humble 4-bedroom home and no live-in staff who only want to be close to Granny. See guys? They're just like the rest of us. Of course we will obfuscate the fact that the humble home is a Grade II listed mansion on a royal estate and that there are very likely nearby buildings holding the entire retinue of cooks, maids and nannies. Granny is of course the Queen and the nearby private schools cost upwards of £40k+ per annum.

Let's also make no mention of the fact they have their 20-room, £12 million-renovated Kensington Palace apartment with THREE kitchens or the £4 million supposedly spent on renovating Anmer Hall including a brand new kitchen and relocating an entire tennis court a few feet.

The unearned luxury and privileges is one thing but to pretend that they can even fathom what the average person lives like is downright insulting. They are not humble, modest, self-sacrificing or frugal by any measure.
They are aided and abetted in this by the media who like to conveniently forget that this is their 3rd home in 10 years of marriage, all of which they still have and two of which were renovated at enormous cost to us not long ago. Once the public lose interest in Harry, Meghan and Andrew, they may well ' remember' that!

The unearned luxury and privileges is one thing but to pretend that they can even fathom what the average person lives like is downright insulting. They are not humble, modest, self-sacrificing or frugal by any measure
And The Queen eats cereal from plastic tupperware containers, frugal in the extreme, keeping her millions in offshore tax havens rather than spending it!

Reactions: 15
They are aided and abetted in this by the media who like to conveniently forget that this is their 3rd home in 10 years of marriage, all of which they still have and two of which were renovated at enormous cost to us not long ago. Once the public lose interest in Harry, Meghan and Andrew, they may well ' remember' that!

And The Queen eats cereal from plastic tupperware containers, frugal in the extreme, keeping her millions in offshore tax havens rather than spending it!
None were renovated at any cost to us. The properties belonging to the Crown Estate are refurbished by the Crown Estate not taxpayers

• Heart
Reactions: 8
None were renovated at any cost to us. The properties belonging to the Crown Estate are refurbished by the Crown Estate not taxpayers
I thought Anmer House was on the Sandringham Estate, which is private property of the Queen and not the Crown?

Reactions: 1
Front page of The Times today. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1342145
Does he not have that ski chalet he can sell off as a retirement fund? Maybe fergie could write another saucy book

One thing I don't understand about British royals compared to other European royals is the obsession of thinking they need to work until death, or at least what Andrew would think would be working, he never seemed that bothered about working when he was flying to golf courses. but even now the queen looks like she couldn't recall her own name some days but God forbid the role goes to the younger family because of a promise she made in her 20s

Reactions: 7
I thought Anmer House was on the Sandringham Estate, which is private property of the Queen and not the Crown?
Anmer House renovations were paid for by private royal funds, again not taxpayers

You sure?
Yes I am sure, the Mirror is wrong. As even its own article makes clear the Sovereign grant may have provided funds but the grant comes from the Crown Estate, again not taxpayers

Reactions: 3
Anmer House renovations were paid for by private royal funds, again not taxpayers

Yes I am sure, the Mirror is wrong. As even its own article makes clear the Sovereign grant may have provided funds but the grant comes from the Crown Estate, again not taxpayers
Profits from the Crown Estate goes to the Treasury. The more spent on kitchens for the Royals, the less goes to the Treasury so both statements can be correct.

Reactions: 15

So the likes of BBC ran an article about it costing £4m to taxpayers, got a quote from their spokesperson, and the article is STILL up wrongly?

I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't have been taken down if it was false, especially with how good their PR game is

Reactions: 8
If this is Cambridge pr then it sucks. It would have drawn less attention to just move in there without saying any of this.

Reactions: 5
The buildings
Profits from the Crown Estate goes to the Treasury. The more spent on kitchens for the Royals, the less goes to the Treasury so both statements can be correct.
The historic Crown Estate buildings maintained by the Crown would still need to be maintained and refurbished by the State even in a republic

Reactions: 1
It's a weird conundrum isn't it?

Imagine that you are told that your village/town owns a communal property. It belongs to all of you but no one can live in it and the members of the community can only visit a small part of it - maybe a portion of the grounds and a reception room or two. A wealthy family gets to lives their full-time however. They can decorate it to their tastes and are the only ones allowed in the vast majority of the property. In fact, you as a supposed owner, can be arrested if you try to access off-limit parts of what is supposedly YOURS. Then, to add insult to injury, you're told that a portion of your council tax is being siphoned off to renovate, redecorate and heat the place. Under any other circumstances, people would see this for the madness that it is.

Basically, when it comes to the responsibility and the costs, the royal properties belong to the State and when it comes to the access and usage, they pretty much belong exclusively to the RF. Very clever.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The buildings

The historic Crown Estate buildings maintained by the Crown would still need to be maintained and refurbished by the State even in a republic
And they could be rented out or sold off to raise money for the general public. It really annoys me how many homes we provide for anyone in government/royal family whilst people are using food banks!

Reactions: 13
It's a weird conundrum isn't it?

Imagine that you are told that your village/town owns a communal property. It belongs to all of you but no one can live in it and the members of the community can only visit a small part of it - maybe a portion of the grounds and a reception room or two. A wealthy family gets to lives their full-time however. They can decorate it to their tastes and are the only ones allowed in the vast majority of the property. In fact, you as a supposed owner, can be arrested if you try to access off-limit parts of what is supposedly YOURS. Then, to add insult to injury, you're told that a portion of your council tax is being siphoned off to renovate, redecorate and heat the place. Under any other circumstances, people would see this for the madness that it is.

Basically, when it comes to the responsibility and the costs, the royal properties belong to the State and when it comes to the access and usage, they pretty much belong exclusively to the RF. Very clever.
You forgot the bit about having to pay an entry fee to see the bits of the house you pay for that you are allowed to see.

I mean, Buck House is never going to be a YMCA but it is taking the pee, a bit.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.