The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually, I am sure she was at the service at St. Paul’s cathedral. I have a soft spot for her, after reading about her life. I though I saw her come to the service with her husband. But then he joined princess Alexandra and Duchess was seated elsewhere. Since she was not on any of the pictures, I rewatched on You tube. She was there, but she is seen only at the arrival.

Our talking about the Duchess seems to have triggered this video on my You Tube feed. 😁
My advice having watched it is to read the comments first then watch on as big a TV as you can to spot the people from the comments. I am puzzling about who William of Gloucester was (the hunk they are referring to). Another rabbit hole for me to go down 😄. Prince Michael of Kent looks so different to how I know him.

Reactions: 4

Our talking about the Duchess seems to have triggered this video on my You Tube feed. 😁
My advice having watched it is to read the comments first then watch on as big a TV as you can to spot the people from the comments. I am puzzling about who William of Gloucester was (the hunk they are referring to). Another rabbit hole for me to go down 😄. Prince Michael of Kent looks so different to how I know him.
Prince William of Gloucester was the older brother of Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester. He died young in a plane crash in the early 1970’s, so he was a cousin of the Queen.

Reactions: 2

Prince Michael was very young in this clip.

Reactions: 1
That’s the thing isn’t it, you don’t put the Heir to the Throne out on the streets with a card cash machine (I will stop chuckling about that at some point) after he’s literally been in the news and on the tele hours for 4 days solid in the hope he won’t be recognised. Quite the reverse. Which is fine, but don’t pretend it’s for anything other than publicity and that he has been ‘rumbled’ by an eagle eyed passer by. There’s plenty of incognito back room jobs rather than front and centre (with a card cash machine). Hopefully, like you say the Charity will benefit hugely from it, because it’s a dice you can only roll once.

I think people have always done conspicuous caring … when people list names of celebs who work under the radar my first though is how do we know? If it was that under the radar we wouldn’t have a clue but having said that, many of the Cathedrals dotted around the country were built by benefactors hurling money at them in an obvious way to ensure their passage into heaven so it’s certainly not a new thing by any means.
George Michael’s work with soup kitchens and charities came to light after his death. I imagine also through people who see and work with them at the Charities talk about it. As the poster above did about their experience of seeing William at a local food bank/soup kitchen

Reactions: 6
George Michael’s work with soup kitchens and charities came to light after his death. I imagine also through people who see and work with them at the Charities talk about it. As the poster above did about their experience of seeing William at a local food bank/soup kitchen
I was going to say that about George :)
But my point was that for whatever reason William wasn’t put front and centre (with a card machine) on that particular day, when his face recognition was at its highest, to be incognito. It was to maximise PR, which it did and hopefully it worked.

So lovely to see and be introduced to Sophie today. I said she had had a hard week which she agreed!! My husband was lucky enough to sit down with her to have tea and cake. Don’t have gossip as yet but will update!! And yes that’s the Titchmarsh with her.

No wonder Harry is annoyed about losing protection. She had 4 security detail including a very glamorous lady!!

Attachments

Reactions: 18
So lovely to see and be introduced to Sophie today. I said she had had a hard week which she agreed!! My husband was lucky enough to sit down with her to have tea and cake. Don’t have gossip as yet but will update!! And yes that’s the Titchmarsh with her.

No wonder Harry is annoyed about losing protection. She had 4 security detail including a very glamorous lady!!
But that’s the thing: Harry and Meghan would always have the same amount if not more protection for work. Even now they get some if they show up at official engagements. But they want them AFTER leaving in their private time and at private functions. Sophie is not running around with that much protection in her private time. That’s the whole point why people shake their head about H. It’s not how it works and he should have/could have known that. Anne, Andrew and Edward, their partners and children get much less than Charles (and rightly so). H needs to stop thinking he is so extra special. In a couple of years he will not be more than a footnote. He is just not important to the system and the constitution. He was for a time but that time is gone. His children will never matter to the constitution (just like his cousins never mattered). So if he needs protection he needs to pay and it also means to accept that his money won’t buy him every resource he wishes for. If the police thinks he needs protection he gets it but they are not open for private hiring.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22

Just come across this. Not sure where it's from but they've either got guts or they can't see reality. It's obvious everyone's watching them and/or listening in to their conversations.

• Haha
The message from the Cambridge’s that they’re ‘just like us’ continues to be easily ridiculed as they move towards having three huge homes from this summer - moving to Windsor for the children’s schooling, but keeping KP as their ‘main’ home and Amner being kept ready for when their children have finished school and as a holiday home.

Time to drop the PR spin that they live in the same world as the rest of us - people are struggling to pay for food, utilities, petrol etc and there is not an argument they can share that would justify the need for three properties. The money saved to the taxpayer / crown by not paying the running costs for two of those houses and them being rented out by the Crown Estate would buy an awful lot of copies of the Big Issue….

Reactions: 13
The message from the Cambridge’s that they’re ‘just like us’ continues to be easily ridiculed as they move towards having three huge homes from this summer - moving to Windsor for the children’s schooling, but keeping KP as their ‘main’ home and Amner being kept ready for when their children have finished school and as a holiday home.

Time to drop the PR spin that they live in the same world as the rest of us - people are struggling to pay for food, utilities, petrol etc and there is not an argument they can share that would justify the need for three properties. The money saved to the taxpayer / crown by not paying the running costs for two of those houses and them being rented out by the Crown Estate would buy an awful lot of copies of the Big Issue….

Has anyone ever bought the “oh they’re just like us” line?

Reactions: 8
Mixed feelings about the platinum jubilee it seemed to be a bit more sombre and goodbye. It's almost certain it will be the last one. The Queen unseen videos seemed very private like she was sharing her life as a child and young woman. She's previously always been quite mysterious. I feel like with Prince Charles and William having more coverage and responsibilities it's preparing us but I don't feel ready at all. The queen has been a really stabilising force for this country for the majority of her reign I worry what will happen when she does pass.

Reactions: 10
To bad mouth their family and then turn up at the Jubilee as though everything will be ok. You've either got guts to do that or you're oblivious. 🤔
I mean, all reports indicated that they were specifically invited by the Queen so it's not a matter of guts, just showing up in her honor? Their walk down the Cathedral's aisle also suggests that this is what the Queen wanted so again, nothing gutsy there.

They were invited, they showed up, they kept a low profile, they left. That's all.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

She only has protection whilst she’s on duty. She doesn’t have any when she’s out and about not on duty.

Reactions: 3
To bad mouth their family and then turn up at the Jubilee as though everything will be ok. You've either got guts to do that or you're oblivious. 🤔
They were damned if they did and damned if they didn’t.
If they hadn’t come, the very same people who are afronted they did would be ragging on them for snubbing The Queen.
They came, seemingly at her request, did what they were asked, then went home.
The one’s making a mountain out of it are the likes of the Daily Mail and the sad saps making YouTube videos over analysing every eye twitch.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
They were damned if they did and damned if they didn’t.
If they hadn’t come, the very same people who are afronted they did would be ragging on them for snubbing The Queen.
They came, seemingly at her request, did what they were asked, then went home.
The one’s making a mountain out of it are the likes of the Daily Mail and the sad saps making YouTube videos over analysing every eye twitch.
I think this is true - they'd have been criticised for not coming too but I also agree that it takes a lot of nerve to turn up to a huge public family occasion after you've bashed that family on tv. I really believe that they came because they need to maintain that royal connection for their commercial interests. I think the RF will be happy with how their visit went. It got headlines but it didn't dominate the coverage and it sets the tone for future visits/functions. They were going to have to come back at some stage for a funeral or coronation or whatever. Now that first event with both Harry and Meghan back in the UK is out of the way and there'll be less interest every time they're back.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.