The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I imagine that he had secret security with him who helped out with that ....after everything i hear about him i cant help but feel its all very contrived on his part....

Also, i saw that protestors who attended the Sarah Everard vigil are going to be fined - wonder will one make it to the palace??
HIs mum was very conscious of being seen to be doing good work, I imagine he has learnt that from her.

Reactions: 3
I‘m ancient so can remember when she suffered her miscarriage (as it was reported at the time) and her subsequent fragility. I also remember reading several reports that she was known as ‘mad Kate’ by certain members of the royal family. F.....g charmers.
They treat ' outsiders' like dirt. Didn't they call Mark Phillips 'fog' because he was apparently thick? That's pot calling the kettle black too! Not to mention Diana and Fergie. Kate has learnt to shut up and take it or they will he slagging her off behind her back too.

Reactions: 9
They treat ' outsiders' like dirt. Didn't they call Mark Phillips 'fog' because he was apparently thick? That's pot calling the kettle black too! Not to mention Diana and Fergie
I think it was Charles who coined the nickname fog because he thought that Mark Philips was thick and wet, erm Charles some would say that about you!

They treat ' outsiders' like dirt. Didn't they call Mark Phillips 'fog' because he was apparently thick? That's pot calling the kettle black too! Not to mention Diana and Fergie. Kate has learnt to shut up and take it or they will he slagging her off behind her back too.
I think that even Prince Philip struggled when he first married the Queen he couldn't stand the fussy dusty courtiers who made him feel very inferior and uncomfortable, they all loved the Queen Mother who Philip also didn't get on with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I think it was Charles who coined the nickname fog because he thought that Mark Philips was thick and wet, erm Charles some would say that about you!

I think that even Prince Philip struggled when he first married the Queen he couldn't stand the fussy dusty courtiers who made him feel very inferior and uncomfortable, they all loved the Queen Mother who Philip also didn't get on with.
From my mum, who can remember that far back Prince Philip was treated appallingly and the press were awful, in a 1940’s forelock tugging way. He was cast as little more than a nomadic chancer with dodgy relatives.

Reactions: 11
From my mum, who can remember that far back Prince Philip was treated appallingly and the press were awful, in a 1940’s forelock tugging way. He was cast as little more than a nomadic chancer with dodgy relatives.
I gather that George v1 and his wife wanted her to marry an English nobleman but she stood by Philip for years, I think she really did love him.

Reactions: 9
Traditionally pro-monarchy writer Jan Moir criticized the display of kids on the jubilee

'' Once the Queen has gone, the glamour and eminence will surely begin to fritter away, like glitter down a golden drain ''
''So no surprise that the three children were front and centre of the Jubilee celebrations; this trio of midget emissaries, always immaculately dressed in heritage outfits as if they were mini-adults at an upscale garden party circa 1952. Ankle socks, smocking, sports jackets, sailor outfits, sensible leather shoes with mother-of-pearl buttons — who under the age of 60 even dresses like this any more? Only them.''

Reactions: 8
Something I think that the RF, or at least the institution which influences their public image, must be aware of is that their kids do make them appear a bit more relatable when they appear with them and sometimes behave just like children. Most of the best moments from the Jubilee were because of the kids doing something

The whole dressing them up as adults is a bit distasteful, but then sort of understandable. They are dressing for an occasion with the fact that they're Royals and can't possibly be seen in 'common' clothes in mind. What the RF really needs to do imo is lose some of it's ego, weird tradition around public appearances and integrate into society so they can actually seem relatable, and possibly likeable, to the average person

'Selling' the Big Issue may actually look a bit more genuine and less performative then too

Reactions: 7
It’s a difficult one - putting to one side the 1950’s Enid Blyton dressing up box.
They are going to be on display at events all their lives. I would imagine it’s better to ease them into it from a young age in a controlled way, when they are with their parents and can be with other kids in the family at special events rather than just dump it on them at 18 or so.

Reactions: 11
I don't mind the ' dressing up' as much as the ' just like you' schtick which they do. They are Royal children at a big event. I dressed my kids up for big family events too!

I gather that George v1 and his wife wanted her to marry an English nobleman but she stood by Philip for years, I think she really did love him.
I think she adored him all her life. Whether the rumours are true and he deserved the adoration is another question. But I think he was a massive support to her, but he was a penniless ex Royal who hit the jackpot.

Reactions: 8
She championed the homeless way before Diana did and without publicity, she was not at the Jubilee.
Actually, I am sure she was at the service at St. Paul’s cathedral. I have a soft spot for her, after reading about her life. I though I saw her come to the service with her husband. But then he joined princess Alexandra and Duchess was seated elsewhere. Since she was not on any of the pictures, I rewatched on You tube. She was there, but she is seen only at the arrival.

Reactions: 6
I imagine that he had secret security with him who helped out with that ....after everything i hear about him i cant help but feel its all very contrived on his part....

Also, i saw that protestors who attended the Sarah Everard vigil are going to be fined - wonder will one make it to the palace??
Kate didn’t go to the vigil, she just place flowers and left.

Reactions: 4
Traditionally pro-monarchy writer Jan Moir criticized the display of kids on the jubilee

'' Once the Queen has gone, the glamour and eminence will surely begin to fritter away, like glitter down a golden drain ''
''So no surprise that the three children were front and centre of the Jubilee celebrations; this trio of midget emissaries, always immaculately dressed in heritage outfits as if they were mini-adults at an upscale garden party circa 1952. Ankle socks, smocking, sports jackets, sailor outfits, sensible leather shoes with mother-of-pearl buttons — who under the age of 60 even dresses like this any more? Only them.''
Blimey the brownnosing didnt last long after the Jubilee! Wills needs to have a few more press dinners!

Reactions: 2
People who are really charitable don't brag about it e.g. Jeremy Beadle, George Michael and now William from what you're saying. 👍
While I agree, it’s literally his job to draw as much attention to his charity activities as possible. I only know of many of them BECAUSE a royal visits them and so they get mentioned. If the royals do a once a year under the radar visit they are not really helpful apart from those 2-3h. It might give us a clue which topics are really close to their heart but that’s all. Their whole power lies in guaranteeing some publicity. If even just one person gets involved/donates after such a visit- that’s the real win. Because long term support is key. So in Wiliam’s case I hope he draws as much publicity to his charities as possible, because he won’t be able to work there at least once a month. He is able to donate regularly though.
In general though it should be about the work of the charity and not some big announcement about what HE did, how long HE is involved, how much money HE donates…. that goes for everyone though. If you really pay attention it’s baffling how much people (and I mean everyone including myself) make things about themselves. Completely unaware. I wonder if that’s a new thing or if it was always like that.

Reactions: 10
While I agree, it’s literally his job to draw as much attention to his charity activities as possible. I only know of many of them BECAUSE a royal visits them and so they get mentioned. If the royals do a once a year under the radar visit they are not really helpful apart from those 2-3h. It might give us a clue which topics are really close to their heart but that’s all. Their whole power lies in guaranteeing some publicity. If even just one person gets involved/donates after such a visit- that’s the real win. Because long term support is key. So in Wiliam’s case I hope he draws as much publicity to his charities as possible, because he won’t be able to work there at least once a month. He is able to donate regularly though.
In general though it should be about the work of the charity and not some big announcement about what HE did, how long HE is involved, how much money HE donates…. that goes for everyone though. If you really pay attention it’s baffling how much people (and I mean everyone including myself) make things about themselves. Completely unaware. I wonder if that’s a new thing or if it was always like that.
That’s the thing isn’t it, you don’t put the Heir to the Throne out on the streets with a card cash machine (I will stop chuckling about that at some point) after he’s literally been in the news and on the tele hours for 4 days solid in the hope he won’t be recognised. Quite the reverse. Which is fine, but don’t pretend it’s for anything other than publicity and that he has been ‘rumbled’ by an eagle eyed passer by. There’s plenty of incognito back room jobs rather than front and centre (with a card cash machine). Hopefully, like you say the Charity will benefit hugely from it, because it’s a dice you can only roll once.

I think people have always done conspicuous caring … when people list names of celebs who work under the radar my first though is how do we know? If it was that under the radar we wouldn’t have a clue but having said that, many of the Cathedrals dotted around the country were built by benefactors hurling money at them in an obvious way to ensure their passage into heaven so it’s certainly not a new thing by any means.

Reactions: 5
I don't mind the ' dressing up' as much as the ' just like you' schtick which they do. They are Royal children at a big event. I dressed my kids up for big family events too!

I think she adored him all her life. Whether the rumours are true and he deserved the adoration is another question. But I think he was a massive support to her, but he was a penniless ex Royal who hit the jackpot.
I actually don’t get it. Apart from George in a suit, the children are never dressed like adults. They are put together as others would for a big event/party. I actually think Charlotte’s outfits were much less dressy than I would have expected her to show up in. Them wearing old stuff is done a lot. The Swedes do it ALL the time and get nothing but praise for it. I am not fond of sailor suits for little boys but it’s not adult clothing.

RE: the Kate vs Cathrine debate. I am pretty sure her friends and family call her Kate or/and some other nicknames. But she goes by Cathrine professionally. So obviously that’s how her husband and others address her in public speeches etc. it’s not as if anything we hear about her by him is a private anecdote. It’s always business. I see that a lot in formal settings/work. They are also extremely private, so I doubt we will ever get many (well placed) glimpses into their private relationships as others tend to do sometimes. And I would bet my last cent good PR is always on their minds when royals decide to open up.

Reactions: 4
Louis looked like he was in fancy dress for Trooping of the Colour. At that age I don’t think a tie would look good either but just a shirt would look nice.

I actually don’t get it. Apart from George in a suit, the children are never dressed like adults. They are put together as others would for a big event/party. I actually think Charlotte’s outfits were much less dressy than I would have expected her to show up in. Them wearing old stuff is done a lot. The Swedes do it ALL the time and get nothing but praise for it. I am not fond of sailor suits for little boys but it’s not adult clothing.

RE: the Kate vs Cathrine debate. I am pretty sure her friends and family call her Kate or/and some other nicknames. But she goes by Cathrine professionally. So obviously that’s how her husband and others address her in public speeches etc. it’s not as if anything we hear about her by him is a private anecdote. It’s always business. I see that a lot in formal settings/work. They are also extremely private, so I doubt we will ever get many (well placed) glimpses into their private relationships as others tend to do sometimes. And I would bet my last cent good PR is always on their minds when they decide to open up.
The thing I found hilarious was that only The week or so before, one of the challenges on the Great British Sewing Bee was to make a sailor suit … some of the sewers had never even heard of it, the history section was set in the 1840’s and just about everyone there was decrying it as old fashioned, questioning just who would put their 3/4 year old in something like that and wanting to have stiff words with Queen Victoria. Then Louis appeared. I just found it amusing.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.