The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mind you, I don't remember seeing anything but sympathy for the Duchess of Kent after she had mental health problems after a late perimenopause pregnancy ended in stillbirth (Lord Patrick Windsor) and a previous pregnancy had to be terminated for medical reasons. It was known that Lady Helen and the Queen both gave her considerable support during this time which led to her conversion to Roman Catholicism and then to her withdrawal from royal life. She has remained in the public affection.
I don’t know much about the Duchess of Kent, is she the one who became a teacher? I don’t think I’ve seen her in anything recent, was she at the Jubilee?

Reactions: 3
I don’t know much about the Duchess of Kent, is she the one who became a teacher? I don’t think I’ve seen her in anything recent, was she at the Jubilee?
She championed the homeless way before Diana did and without publicity, she was not at the Jubilee.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She championed the homeless way before Diana did and without publicity, she was not at the Jubilee.
I wonder why, she was at the Diamond one for a bit. Is there a reason why she stepped back from public life, was it because she converted and she wasn’t allowed to or did she not find joy in it anymore.

Duchess of Kent
I wonder why, she was at the Diamond one for a bit. Is there a reason why she stepped back from public life, was it because she converted and she wasn’t allowed to or did she not find joy in it anymore.
I don't really know, her conversion to Catholicism probably played a big part, she is also elderly and her husband the Queen's cousin was also not present as far as I could see, they are stepping back to make way for the younger ones I suppose.

Reactions: 1
Duchess of Kent

I don't really know, her conversion to Catholicism probably played a big part, she is also elderly and her husband the Queen's cousin was also not present as far as I could see, they are stepping back to make way for the younger ones I suppose.
He was there front and centre with TQ on the balcony after Trooping of Colour.

-methode-times-prod-web-bin-96ae7e04-e37f-11ec-8bdd-c253e043f5f0.jpeg

Reactions: 6
Duchess of Kent

I thought they had separated?

Yes, she was a music and piano teacher as 'Mrs Kent'. She stepped back from being a working royal with the Queen’s consent many years ago. I think she was at the Sussex wedding or Eugenie's, one at St George's Chapel anyway. I thought that they'd unofficially separated but apparently they live together in one of the smaller houses at Kensington Palace. It may be that friendly companionship is enough now in that case.

Reactions: 7
Just gone down a rabbit hole googling her 😄 and found a review of her autobiography by Mary Riddell...
"Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 2 August 2020
A fascinating and very moving insight into a lady who is both as charming as she has always appeared in public and also complex, sensitive and dutiful. Some of the book is genuinely heartbreaking as Katharine deals with the demands placed on her by marriage into the Royal Family as well as trying to create a happy family for her own children. Suffice it to say that few of the Windsors come out of it well. Her charity work has been more than admirable, not just on a world wide scale. It was touching to read that she enabled the family of Martina Navratilova to join their daughter in the USA. The book was written 20 years ago and definitely makes one hope that Katharine Kent is enjoying a happiness that was impossible for many of her earlier years.
2 people found this helpful"
Amazon product

• Heart
He was there front and centre with TQ on the balcony after Trooping of Colour.

View attachment 1331548
I didn't watch Trooping the colour so he showed his face then.

I thought they had separated?
There have been rumours that they are no longer together for a long time though I can't recall an official announcement. There was also rumours that he was violent towards her though they could be totally untrue.

Yes, she was a music and piano teacher as 'Mrs Kent'. She stepped back from being a working royal with the Queen’s consent many years ago. I think she was at the Sussex wedding or Eugenie's, one at St George's Chapel anyway. I thought that they'd unofficially separated but apparently they live together in one of the smaller houses at Kensington Palace. It may be that friendly companionship is enough now in that case.
I’ve always thought the Duchess of Kent was so elegant. Although she “only” married into royalty I thought she came across as so regal. My Dad had a bit of a soft spot for her too.

Reactions: 8
I’ve always thought the Duchess of Kent was so elegant. Although she “only” married into royalty I thought she came across as so regal. My Dad had a bit of a soft spot for her too.
Me too. From memory, she used to present the Wimbledon Ladies' trophies and speak to the players. It was a nice moment.

Reactions: 8
Me too. From memory, she used to present the Wimbledon Ladies' trophies and speak to the players. It was a nice moment.
She did, she was always fabulous
Jana Navota sobbed on her shoulder one year after she’d lost to Steffi Graf? And she was lovely with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I thought I saw both the Kent’s in the front row at St Paul’s, near the Gloucesters but I might be mistaken as it was only a quick glimpse

I‘m ancient so can remember when she suffered her miscarriage (as it was reported at the time) and her subsequent fragility. I also remember reading several reports that she was known as ‘mad Kate’ by certain members of the royal family. F.....g charmers.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I‘m ancient so can remember when she suffered her miscarriage (as it was reported at the time) and her subsequent fragility. I also remember reading several reports that she was known as ‘mad Kate’ by certain members of the royal family. F.....g charmers.
Yes … because having to have a termination that you didn’t want to have in the first place (hadn’t she had German Measles) followed not 2 years later by a stillbirth won’t affect a person at all. Back on the bike and open that supermarket, woman.
The milk of human kindness has certainly curdled in some quarters hasn’t it

• Sad
Reactions: 14
'' The Royal Family represents an unacceptable drain on valuable public funds and whenever a toffee-nosed Tory asks how we can afford to pay nurses, care workers and other public sector workers more, we should say: by scrapping the Royal Family to begin with. Almost a decade ago the lack of integrity at the heart of the Royals was exposed when it was discovered they tried to syphon off public money ear-marked to help low-income families pay rising fuel bills to pay for heating Buckingham Palace instead. Think about the mindset of these people who thought it appropriate to divert money for those struggling to heat their cold and draughty council ho-mes to allow Buckingham Palace to be heated with less cost to the Queen instead. What a loathsome bunch of people they are. ''

Reactions: 6
She did, she was always fabulous
Jana Navota sobbed on her shoulder one year after she’d lost to Steffi Graf? And she was lovely with her.
Yes she was to be honest I preferred her to Diana who was kind but had to be seen all the time, I think the Duchess was very kind and a real people person whether there were cameras around or not. I saw a documentary about her many years ago showing her helping in a soup kitchen in London and the assorted people coming in for food really adored her and called her Katharine.

Pot calling the kettle black methinks.

Are there any crowd videos of William selling the big issue? You'd have thought that people would find out pretty quickly and a crowd would gather for selfies if he hung around for a bit

Are there any crowd videos of William selling the big issue? You'd have thought that people would find out pretty quickly and a crowd would gather for selfies if he hung around for a bit
I imagine that he had secret security with him who helped out with that ....after everything i hear about him i cant help but feel its all very contrived on his part....

Also, i saw that protestors who attended the Sarah Everard vigil are going to be fined - wonder will one make it to the palace??

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.