The Royal Family #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was quite sweet of PE to visit Deborah James at home to give her the damehood. I don't recall that happening before, anyone else? I wonder if Kate had brought a bit of humility to proceedings.
Prince William I think? Deborah did look very happy

Reactions: 4
Prince William I think? Deborah did look very happy
The poor woman could hardly travel to London / Windsor to receive it. I am not really a fan of these gongs but she is one of the few people that I think truly deserves recognition.

I guess it's because sitting there and reading all that out would have been a bit much. Maybe she gets tired easier, so she didn't want to risk looking frail and exhausted. At 96 it's understandable.
It's also a very long procession she probably can't walk that far nowadays.

Reactions: 9
I liked the Fortnum and Mason cup/mug until I saw the jewel at the bottom - to me it looks a bit naff and has put me off it.
View attachment 1264413
I like the Emma Bridgewater mug but where the lion and the flag go over the word ‘Glorious’ the O looks like a C and all I can read now is ‘Gloricus’
View attachment 1264417
Talking of mugs I have been checking on this website below to see if she has made any Jubilee mugs.
I have some lovely Christmas mugs and other things from her, and put it this way, they are so beautiful I would commit murder if anyone dared to drink out of them. 😄

Reactions: 2
More Jubilee tat ... I've bought this Queen gnome for my SIL who lives in America ... I've bought her the corgi too but declined the Guardsman.
3242875D00000578-0-image-a-21_1458147908317.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Talking of mugs I have been checking on this website below to see if she has made any Jubilee mugs as I have some lovely Christmas mugs and other things from her and put it this way they are so beautiful I would commit murder if anyone dared to drink out of them. 😄
Some of them are really lovely. They're reasonably priced

Reactions: 1
Sadly, I will no longer be buying the Fortnum mug. The price of the mug is fine but I've just realised that the cost of shipping to the Caribbean is £40!!! 😅That's more than the actual mug and £75 total on a mug is ludicrous.

Emma Bridgewater has some lovely mugs also and they can be purchased off US sites with free shipping so I'll probably do that instead.

1PLS010002_1_548304e6-9b99-487c-a8b5-1101b93a2635.jpg

Reactions: 2
The poor woman could hardly travel to London / Windsor to receive it. I am not really a fan of these gongs but she is one of the few people that I think truly deserves recognition.
I’m not a fan of them either but in Deborah’s case she has done something incredible and deserves it. Not politicians or those in the entertainment industry who are yet to truly contribute. I wish they reworked how these were given out.

Can I have this pink cake 🍰? 😁
Eurgh I love everything about this apart from way the flag is twisted. I know they are meant to be curved but it looks weird. The cake looks incredible, I love those kitschy designs!

Reactions: 1
Just watched a video of the Queen walking around at the horse show. She has her stick but doesn't look unsteady to me.

Reactions: 4
Can I just say, I love that here was was s
an actual competition around the Jubilee Pud. The winning trifle recipe sounds fantastic. But the mere fact such a competition was set up and 5000 recipes were submitted. It’s quirky, it’s obviously a superficial thing (especially compared to the reality of things going on) but it’s also such a light hearted distraction and just so adorable (not meant in a patronising way!!!). Those things are something I wish we could have as well. And not just on the small scale of making in my own home but we just have nothing going on that compares in the slightest. We get the same tit as the UK but have nothing like this to distract/balance it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'll use mine.

I never used to the 1977 Jubilee mug I was given because everyone said ' it will be worth something one day' ... turns out it's worth about 50p :ROFLMAO:
I have a Coronation mug from 1953 that I bought from an antiques shop that I thought I could sell during the Jubill. It's worth £4.50!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.