The Royal Family #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will The Queen still be alive by the time this thread is finished?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I'm taking the kids to Windsor Castle on Thursday. I'll pop in on Lizzie and let you all know what the situation is 😆

Following on from the last thread, re the Oprah interview, they definitely said they would come back to the fold if their conditions were met. They were quite emphatic about it.

How come the interview is no longer available online?

Reactions: 3
@Multi-21 Oprah asked if they would go back and they both said yes.

I agree wholeheartedly that there are two sides to story. For me, it’s entirely possible that the royals are racist and it’s equally possible that Harry and Meghan lied to get the public on their side. As an anti monarchist it would be easy to jump on the poor Harry and Meghan bandwagon but the amount of lies they tell (not only during the Oprah interview) don’t make them the least bit credible to me. As of yet a lot of things have been said and who knows what is true.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
All I can find is a transcript of the interview.
See I read that differently. If Meghan had been treated the way they wanted they wouldn’t have left but it doesn’t say having left they would be willing to return.

Reactions: 7

I agree wholeheartedly that there are two sides to story. For me, it’s entirely possible that the royals are racist and it’s equally possible that Harry and Meghan lied to get the public on their side. As an anti monarchist it would be easy to jump on the poor Harry and Meghan bandwagon but the amount of lies they tell (not only during the Oprah interview) don’t make them the least bit credible to me. As of yet a lot of things have been said and who knows what is true.
I agree. Just because H &M are spoilt and resentful doesn't mean the Royals aren't awful too. The petty rules that are part of ' tradition' must be a huge shock to anyone not from those circles. Even Diana and Fergie, who were from those circles found it hard to cope. Why should people have to put up either that just to be brood mares for the Royals? Harry's other girlfriends hightailed it sharpish, so he was probably terrified Meghan would do the same, and let her get away with her behaviour. Personally I think he is resentful of his family and she is his enabler. People who can't fathom that the Royals can be anything but ordinary humans born into a lucky womb have to blame the outsider for their obvious flaws. On the other hand, I had more respect for them before the Oprah interview. I thought they had turned down titles for their children because they wanted them to make their own way. Not because they were sulking because he wouldn't be a Prince. We don't need any more Princes and Princesses.

Reactions: 17
I thought they had turned down titles for their children because they wanted them to make their own way. Not because they were sulking because he wouldn't be a Prince. We don't need any more Princes and Princesses.
They didn’t turn down titles for their children; their children were not, and are still not, entitled to be a Prince or Princess. That is the law regardless of who Harry married. It’s a completely false narrative that they have sold and Oprah, if she was a journalist not a fan, should have questioned it when they brought it up.

Reactions: 33
As I was skimming through the transcript, I found this little nugget. Surely the biggest lie in the whole thing. Nobody just picks up the phone and calls the Queen 😂
Even the Queen's own sister couldn't just pick the phone and get through. Utter bollocks as usual.

Reactions: 19
They didn’t turn down titles for their children; their children were not, and are still not, entitled to be a Prince or Princess. That is the law regardless of who Harry married. It’s a completely false narrative that they have sold and Oprah, if she was a journalist not a fan, should have questioned it when they brought it up.
I thought they would be when Charles was king, as grandchildren of a king, but they were told that wasn't going to happen because Charles wants to cut loose the hangers on?

Reactions: 6
I think the Palace are being extremely careful around the Queen. She’s resting A lot in preparation for June where she will be expected to be seen.

Reactions: 8
I thought they would be when Charles was king, as grandchildren of a king, but they were told that wasn't going to happen because Charles wants to cut loose the hangers on?
That was never really clarified. I think as it stands they're in line to be Prince/Princess when Charles is king but he could change that. It's a tough call for the RF. On the one hand, they'll be called racist etc if he changes the letters patent but on the other hand there's really no need for any more Princes and princesses particularly when they don't have anything to do with the family.

I think it's clear to see that Harry and Meghan are liars and they manipulate and exaggerate the truth for their own purposes. You don't have to be a fan of the RF to see that.

Reactions: 9
That was never really clarified. I think as it stands they're in line to be Prince/Princess when Charles is king but he could change that. It's a tough call for the RF. On the one hand, they'll be called racist etc if he changes the letters patent but on the other hand there's really no need for any more Princes and princesses particularly when they don't have anything to do with the family.

I think it's clear to see that Harry and Meghan are liars and they manipulate and exaggerate the truth for their own purposes. You don't have to be a fan of the RF to see that.
It may be a good excuse to do it, and then bring the Cambridges kids up to know that only George will have to do Royal stuff and the rest should be able to make their own way, albeit with shedloads of money from Dad/Grandad. I don't have time for any of the younger Royals though, so suspect William will try and reinstate all of them as working Royals.

Reactions: 1
Yes in terms of their children’s entitlement comes when Charles ascends the throne. However the interview did not clarify this and then whether that was not happening which was what Meghan and Harry were unhappy about. The spoke about those discussions being when Meghan was pregnant implying they thought the child should be Prince/Princess on birth.
it’s an example of like I said on the previous thread, both sides tell an extreme version of their truth and in the middle is the actual truth. Oprah should have challenged their timeline a lot more if it was meant to be a proper journalistic effort instead of it all being implied and vague.

Reactions: 5
Yes in terms of their children’s entitlement comes when Charles ascends the throne. However the interview did not clarify this and then whether that was not happening which was what Meghan and Harry were unhappy about. The spoke about those discussions being when Meghan was pregnant implying they thought the child should be Prince/Princess on birth.
it’s an example of like I said on the previous thread, both sides tell an extreme version of their truth and in the middle is the actual truth. Oprah should have challenged their timeline a lot more if it was meant to be a proper journalistic effort instead of it all being implied and vague.
Yes Oprah was rubbish. She should have also challenged Harry's view that Charles and William are trapped. Monarchy isn't essential. They are there because they want to be.

Reactions: 9
As I was skimming through the transcript, I found this little nugget. Surely the biggest lie in the whole thing. Nobody just picks up the phone and calls the Queen 😂
I'm sure I saw/read somewhere even Charles has to make an appointment!

Reactions: 3
Yes Oprah was rubbish. She should have also challenged Harry's view that Charles and William are trapped. Monarchy isn't essential. They are there because they want to be.
She was very bad. She's not an investigative journalist though - she interviews celebrities when they want to promote something or raise their profile. She thought she had a major scoop with Harry and Meghan and it backfired on all of them because Harry and Meghan overplayed their hand. There must be a reason why the interview is not online somewhere - it takes a lot of work to make that disappear.

Reactions: 12
I think the Palace are being extremely careful around the Queen. She’s resting A lot in preparation for June where she will be expected to be seen.
Seem’s pretty pointless IMO, because to be very blunt she could deteriorate very quickly and die tomorrow. That’s the cold hard truth of extreme old age. Happened to my 90 something grandparents. My grandad was still regularly attending football matches in the freezing cold and walking to the shops until about fortnight before he died. He wouldn’t have wanted it any other way either, but the fact is he was still capable of doing those things. I don’t think the Queen IS capable and that’s the reason she’s being hidden from view.

Reactions: 5

I think it’s 6 of one and half a dozen of the other … or it’s a prime example of there being at 3 or even 4 to sides the whole sorry affair. Their side for one, the official side for another, the media stirrings for a third and somewhere, clinging on desperately the actual truth.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.