Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ishaggedhughjackman

I was just reading the first few pages of this thread where people were discussing hazno and meg - someone said something about it being hard to fit in with the family and that hazno’s other girlfriends had hightailed it away for the same reasons.

I’ve never posted this before and I need to be careful re details but I think enough time has passed for me to say something…

so I trained as a lawyer at a global law firm with Chelsy Davy. You know, hazno’s long time girlfriend. There were 100 odd trainees in our yearly intake but everyone knew who she was. It’s so interesting to me how much people seem to revere her and wish harry had married her over Meghan because she wasn’t a nice person. I’m no Meghan fan but Ithink it’s a misnomer to assume she would havebeen better.

Just a few things I am willing to share:

- before you start training you do a postgrad course which the firm pays for. It’s only 6m long now but back then it took an academic year. She turned up roughly once to the classes I shared with her. Conveniently it was on a day when the queen was visiting the honourable artillery company, which happens to sit behind the college of law. We were all taking pictures out the window and gawping over queenie but she sat there looking bored. When someone asked if she was going to join us her answer was “no thanks I saw her the other day for tea”. Very convenient that she turned up that day.

- she didn’t queue for anything. Collecting college locker keys on day one was an eye opener as she bypassed the entire queue and just went to the desk.

- on her first day as a trainee the partners all went to her office to say hi. None of the rest of us got that treatment. Just her.She was later heard to tell another trainee that she didn’t get what all the fuss was about on working hours (we worked 100+hour weeks regularly) as she had barely done any when her supervisor (a senior partner) was happily telling her to go home and get some rest.

- I know of another person who tells a story that she had to cover chelsey’s work one evening and was in the office til 2am because chelsy was at some awards show and celeb bash. No apology was offered apparently or even a thank you. She never stayed late if she could help it andfrom what I heard from others working with her she did the bare minimum in a day.

- she was given a lucrative secondment to turkey got 6m despite not actually meeting the required criteria for a trainee secondment. She sat in a bunch of easy and short hour seats (having got these over other people) instead of the core areas you were actually required to have sat in for a secondment. Yet others were passed over for her. I was at some drinks where someone put this to her and she said “well I bring them publicity don’t I”.

- at a trainee drinks even she was heard shouting down the phone at hazno” that she didn’t want to come to his parade because he clearly didn’t love her if he wouldn’t go to Zimbabwe with her that year. This was when he was at sandhurst.

- said trainee drinks from point above was incidentally the only event she ever attended at work. Despite other trainees being lambasted, marked down and even let go before qualification for not attending client events or even internal team events, she was never questioned. Another trainee tells a story that she was once called out on this by some juniors and she said “I have more important things to do”.

- after 1 year of qualification she decided it was all too much like hard work. She told them she wanted to leave and they offered her a sabbatical instead (which is unheard of for a junior but hey she was right they wanted publicity from her name). They kept her on the books and on the payroll (albeit I think it was unpaid leave), which meant they couldn’t rehire to replace her and everyone else’s workload went up. She accepted this but of course 1 year later turned up to collect a box of stuff and left immediately to run daddy’s emerald mine - sorry her jewellery company.

I could tell more stories but would out myself. Put simply she wasnt The amazing hard working lawyer that the press make her out to be and she wants a nice person. Clearly hazno has a type and it was always going to end this way.

There’s a mistake above - the point re her shouting about the parade should read at the end - this WASNT when he was at sandhurst. Was attempting to subtlety point out that it was probably important but my typing failed me

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I was just reading the first few pages of this thread where people were discussing hazno and meg - someone said something about it being hard to fit in with the family and that hazno’s other girlfriends had hightailed it away for the same reasons.

I’ve never posted this before and I need to be careful re details but I think enough time has passed for me to say something…

so I trained as a lawyer at a global law firm with Chelsy Davy. You know, hazno’s long time girlfriend. There were 100 odd trainees in our yearly intake but everyone knew who she was. It’s so interesting to me how much people seem to revere her and wish harry had married her over Meghan because she wasn’t a nice person. I’m no Meghan fan but Ithink it’s a misnomer to assume she would havebeen better.

Just a few things I am willing to share:

- before you start training you do a postgrad course which the firm pays for. It’s only 6m long now but back then it took an academic year. She turned up roughly once to the classes I shared with her. Conveniently it was on a day when the queen was visiting the honourable artillery company, which happens to sit behind the college of law. We were all taking pictures out the window and gawping over queenie but she sat there looking bored. When someone asked if she was going to join us her answer was “no thanks I saw her the other day for tea”. Very convenient that she turned up that day.

- she didn’t queue for anything. Collecting college locker keys on day one was an eye opener as she bypassed the entire queue and just went to the desk.

- on her first day as a trainee the partners all went to her office to say hi. None of the rest of us got that treatment. Just her.She was later heard to tell another trainee that she didn’t get what all the fuss was about on working hours (we worked 100+hour weeks regularly) as she had barely done any when her supervisor (a senior partner) was happily telling her to go home and get some rest.

- I know of another person who tells a story that she had to cover chelsey’s work one evening and was in the office til 2am because chelsy was at some awards show and celeb bash. No apology was offered apparently or even a thank you. She never stayed late if she could help it andfrom what I heard from others working with her she did the bare minimum in a day.

- she was given a lucrative secondment to turkey got 6m despite not actually meeting the required criteria for a trainee secondment. She sat in a bunch of easy and short hour seats (having got these over other people) instead of the core areas you were actually required to have sat in for a secondment. Yet others were passed over for her. I was at some drinks where someone put this to her and she said “well I bring them publicity don’t I”.

- at a trainee drinks even she was heard shouting down the phone at hazno” that she didn’t want to come to his parade because he clearly didn’t love her if he wouldn’t go to Zimbabwe with her that year. This was when he was at sandhurst.

- said trainee drinks from point above was incidentally the only event she ever attended at work. Despite other trainees being lambasted, marked down and even let go before qualification for not attending client events or even internal team events, she was never questioned. Another trainee tells a story that she was once called out on this by some juniors and she said “I have more important things to do”.

- after 1 year of qualification she decided it was all too much like hard work. She told them she wanted to leave and they offered her a sabbatical instead (which is unheard of for a junior but hey she was right they wanted publicity from her name). They kept her on the books and on the payroll (albeit I think it was unpaid leave), which meant they couldn’t rehire to replace her and everyone else’s workload went up. She accepted this but of course 1 year later turned up to collect a box of stuff and left immediately to run daddy’s emerald mine - sorry her jewellery company.

I could tell more stories but would out myself. Put simply she wasnt The amazing hard working lawyer that the press make her out to be and she wants a nice person. Clearly hazno has a type and it was always going to end this way.

There’s a mistake above - the point re her shouting about the parade should read at the end - this WASNT when he was at sandhurst. Was attempting to subtlety point out that it was probably important but my typing failed me
Thanks for the Chelsy tea. This is what Tattle is all about. Another lazy rich girl, surprise surprise.

Now please tell us what went on when you shagged Hugh Jackman 😂☕

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Multi-21

VIP Member
I thought they had turned down titles for their children because they wanted them to make their own way. Not because they were sulking because he wouldn't be a Prince. We don't need any more Princes and Princesses.
They didn’t turn down titles for their children; their children were not, and are still not, entitled to be a Prince or Princess. That is the law regardless of who Harry married. It’s a completely false narrative that they have sold and Oprah, if she was a journalist not a fan, should have questioned it when they brought it up.

Reactions: 33

RJF

VIP Member
This whole “hiding the ailing elderly leader away and using all of these euphemisms about their clearly declining health” seems like something from a despotic banana republic rather than a (supposed) thriving liberal democracy.

It’s embarrassing.

Reactions: 25

Peachsquish

VIP Member
Yes, but it's the fact that he expressed such a erm intimate desire ....
During what he thought was a private phone call. Surely many people have had chats with friends/lovers/spouses that they wouldn't want to be leaked to the public.

Reactions: 23

Tangerine Cat

VIP Member
Is there not an argument to say if you’re a HoS you should get over your pride and either do the job or resign? I don’t think anyones expecting her to continue opening nursing homes or plant trees, but is it too much to ask that she continues her larger responsibilities of opening parliament?
i think you should cut her some slack. She’s been doing this job for 70 years so she’s done 68 opening of parliaments (I read she missed only one while pregnant with Edward).

she will never abdicate in favour of charles and I respect that given how she came to the throne. If she doesn’t want us to see her needing help or using a wheelchair then that’s her choice, I wouldn’t mind but you can imagine the photos and headlines in our scummy media for weeks afterwards so respect to her that she won’t give the press that.

its natural to have a stand in sometimes and this is one of those times but I agree with others, I’d be amazed if she was still here at Christmas :cry:

As a woman i've loved having a woman as head of state, it’s going to 'feel' strange having a King.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Yes this! The implication being that she is currently not surrounded by people who are protecting her so Harry the hero is having to take care of her despite America now being his home and the rest of the family being much closer. Who or what does she need protecting from?
Ahhh, that's the bit we don't get to know. Harry loves to gives us half a story to keep us all guessing. See also: family member's comments about Archie.

Throwing a grenade and then running away from the fallout seems to be their M.O.

Reactions: 22

hannah123

VIP Member
Imagine spending hundreds of thousands on sending your kids to the best schools in the country only for them to end up being glorified housewives - and before people say I am fully aware that they sent them to those schools to get th in the right circles not for an, education which is one of the saddest things I've ever heard
honestly sounds like my dream, sorry to the suffragettes and 21st century women, but I’m bored of working and would love nothing more than being a rich housewife

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Well, I mean he could have driven to the Tower to get the Crown - probably the closest and most intimate moment he might have with it (still think he could drop dead before his reign actually starts).
I am much more annoyed that the government wrote this, with all the shit that has been going on in the last two years. There have always been hypocrites (Tories and Labour alike) but the last couple of years was really unprecedented. Who cares if Charles sits on a throne (what else to do with it?) and a Crown has its own car. Compared to the audacity of some of those politicians that should serve the country and the people. And it’s just as bad in other countries. A constitutional monarchy is really one of the last problems a country can have if you look around.
Surely even the the most ardent royalist has to admit that the optics of a hat worth £3million being driven around in its own car and a man sitting on a golden throne look fairly fucking terrible during the current economic crisis? I bloody care even if no one else does.
Old ladies are riding around on the bus to keep warm. People are sitting in their houses freezing cold and going without food.
I know the royals aren’t responsible for the contents of the speech, but they are responsible for their conduct. Couldn’t Charles, the ardent conservationist 🙄 have saved some petrol and given the hat a lift?

• Heart

RJF

VIP Member
Liberal metropolitan elites of course actively despise the values of provincial England and it is therefore no surprise that is reciprocated
I’ve lived in metropolitan areas and I’ve lived in rural areas all across Britain. I can safely say that I have never “despised” anyone on this basis.

This is such an unhealthy and, quite frankly, dangerous attitude.

• Heart

elliebee27

VIP Member
Because Harry has to make it all about him. He is the savior. He is the perfect one. The best one. He and Meghan are narcs.

• Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
His comments in the Hoda interview today, about making sure the queen has the right people around her, were a bit odd.
He seems to have a real hero complex but didn’t seem to have it with his wife, just complained no one else was helping. I don’t think he realises how much it undermines The Queen when he’s making claims that the courtiers are running the show and that he’s helping protect her. She’s a head of state before she’s your elderly gran.

Reactions: 20

thegirlscout

VIP Member
And who can name the Presidents of Finland, Germany and Austria, barely a majority of their own people let alone the rest of the world!
Why does it matter if you can name the presidents? I can name the Presidents of Russia and China and the Supreme Leader of North Korea - doesn’t mean they are great countries to live in? This argument you keep bringing up makes no sense.

• Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
So what that has zero to do with the original point that constitutional monarchies depend on strength of religion in the country to survive. Which as I proved was completely wrong.

Japanese religion is just really a folk religion. While the reason the UK monarch is head of the Church of England and Denmark and Norway require the monarch to be a member of the Lutheran Church is to ensure the effective head of the established Church is not the Pope. That has been the case since the Reformation. In those countries the Church of England and Lutherans are still bigger than Roman Catholicism. Whereas in the Netherlands Roman Catholicism is now more numerous than Lutheranism.

Whereas in Spain the monarch has never been head of the Church. The head of the largest Church in Spain was and still is the Pope

No it isn't, being in the EU is not part of UK culture. Indeed we were largely divorced from continental Europe since the Reformation and were never occupied by Napoleon or Hitler like most of Europe.
We have a trade deal with the EU now without being in its structures.
Constitutional monarchy is part of UK culture, the one time we were a republic under Cromwell it was such a disaster people were desperate for the restoration of the monarchy under Charles IInd. People do not want a divisive powerful party political President half the country hate here, nor a non entity President most have never heard of
What on earth do you mean that Shintoism is a folk religion? It has temples, structure, rituals, and is a huge part of state occasions, as well as being popular amongst the population. Do you mean that it isn't a Middle Eastern religion originally imposed on the population, like Christianity?

As for the UK not being part of Europe by culture, that is a hugely Anglocentric viewpoint. Scotland has traditionally looked towards Europe for trade and alliances, and still celebrates the Auld Alliance as opposed to the Auld Enemy. We're still pissed off about being dragged out of Europe by England and Wales, especially when London lied by saying that there was no need for all nations to agree as the referendum was "advisory". The feeling is reciprocal; there's a huge difference in the welcome from European countries when they realise that you're Scots as opposed to merely British. The reason why the Scots crowned Charles II at Scone immediately after his father's death was that London had over-reached by executing the King of both England and Scots without consultation, nothing to do with the years of a republic created by the English who had to impose it on Scotland by force of arms.

Please get your history and culture correct if you are going to use it as part of your arguments.

• Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
Europe is dominated by France and Germany and most of it is Roman Catholic. It is increasingly moving towards a Federal EU superstate focused on the eurozone. Switzerland and Denmark are both outside that.

Given over 60% of Scots voted to Remain in the EU but Yes is still only on 50% at most in the latest Independence polls your logic fails on that.

Rural areas in England overwhelmingly voted to leave the EU, as did fishing areas and indeed in Scotland the strongest leave vote came from areas like Peterhead over the CFP.

You cannot have a true religion without a God, otherwise it is just a form of spirituality
The EU has bugger all to do with Europe as a historical and cultural entity, let alone a geographical one. The accepted division between Europe and Asia is the Ural mountain range, therefore even the historical heartland of Russia is considered European. You keep changing your criteria, an obvious marker of a losing argument.

The Blue Toon isn't rural, it's a fishing port, and the fishing industry has been very vocal about being lied to over Brexit. Every single council area in Scotland voted Remain and we have truly rural areas - free from Londoners' second homes. In less than an hour from the centre of any of our cities you can be in the heart of the countryside. Perhaps we are more educated on the subject of Westminster lies than the English. Certainly the Independence Referendum was noted by many experienced political pundits - from both within and outwith Scotland - as being a campaign which reflected a truly involved population on both sides through meetings, rallies, reading and general daily conversation about the issues.

My logic doesn't fail. Many people who were swithering on the subject of independence were convinced to vote Remain in order to stay in the EU. They too have been very vocal about it and there are a multitude of interviews and articles available. Much like those who were persuaded that leaving the EU would mean more money given to the NHS, another right-wing lie from BawJaws and Farage. Do you even do current affairs and politics?

Who are you to decide that a religion needs gods? Certainly the governments and religious authorities who accept such religions, as well as the millions who practice Buddhism, would disagree. Again, you need to argue from fact and knowledge of the subject, none of which you show. Are you here just to troll? Your ever-changing arguments would make it appear so. You throw around numbers but have no breadth of understanding of what lies behind them, nor any real historical or geographical knowledge to illuminate them.

ETA: Your definition of religion comes dangerously close to being racist, from dismissing Japanese religion onwards.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
OMG. I am seriously laughing at Omid Scobie's latest.

He claims that the Sussexs meeting with TQ was kept secret from her aides.

I can just imagine a sneaky text between Harry and TQ saying 'I'm at the back door. Let me in' 😆 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 19