The Royal Family #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are we talking about the jubilee trifle here? 😆

Is anywhere like m&s or Waitrose making them to sell? I've no inclination to actually make one myself but fancy picking one up (if they can make it veggie!)
Fortnum and Mason are selling them according to the news last night.

Reactions: 2
Fortnum and Mason are selling them according to the news last night.
Thanks, can't see it on their site yet but it might be a limited thing that has to be picked up in store, unlike the rest of their stuff for it. I know they won't change the recipe for a gelatine alternative

You can see why the are doing all they can to make sure she lives until the jubilee, as there seems to be loads invested in it for a lot of people.

Reactions: 1
It seems that all the rest is agreeing with her. She looks less frail again. I was already wondering if they would have a convincing double in the State Coach (that’s what I would do). I still think they missed a great chance for a Charles Regency 10 or 6 years ago. But I get it took time for his Charme PR campaign to work. He and Camilla have gathered all the sympathy points they will ever get. Who didn’t come round, never will. I just wish that this long term strategy would have started earlier, so an earlier Regency would have been possible. With the new photos, it seems possible he could either have to wait for the throne another 4 years or have long regency (with him dying before her).
Also, turning up for horses but not Parliament is definitely not her MO (W&K wouldn’t get this benefit of doubt - I like them but they are still miles away to even look nearly as dedicated/dutiful). So it seems her problems are really episodic or she decided to say F**k it, I only do what I really want from here on.

Reactions: 7
Two of my Grandparents had what I would call a great death. My Nana went up for an afternoon nap and never woke up and my Grandad had an evening at his social club,bought himself some chips on the way home then had a massive heart attack and died.
Did he get to eat his chips before he died?

Reactions: 4
Love that even the queen has had enough of Boris and his tit show and sacked him off for her ponies! She looks the best we’ve seen in ages too.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It seems that all the rest is agreeing with her. She looks less frail again. I was already wondering if they would have a convincing double in the State Coach (that’s what I would do). I still think they missed a great chance for a Charles Regency 10 or 6 years ago. But I get it took time for his Charme PR campaign to work. He and Camilla have gathered all the sympathy points they will ever get. Who didn’t come round, never will. I just wish that this long term strategy would have started earlier, so an earlier Regency would have been possible. With the new photos, it seems possible he could either have to wait for the throne another 4 years or have long regency (with him dying before her).
Also, turning up for horses but not Parliament is definitely not her MO (W&K wouldn’t get this benefit of doubt - I like them but they are still miles away to even look nearly as dedicated/dutiful). So it seems her problems are really episodic or she decided to say F**k it, I only do what I really want from here on.
Which, fair do’s … she’s done 70 years of the ‘ind whit do you do’s’ and sat through more excruciating Royal Variety Performances than should be humanly possible. If she wants to just go and see the horses and do the fun stuff let her. W&K wouldn’t get the benefit of the doubt because they haven’t got 7 years let alone 70 of her work ethic behind them.
and if Monday was anything to go by, William still needs to work on his ‘active listening’ rather than ‘don’t want to really be here’ face. That’s the gig, I’m afraid William.

Reactions: 5
I agree I think the chance for a regency was 10 years ago. It would have saved a lot of upheaval. I don't understand the 'Charles needed a charm offensive' business either. He is the heir. He will be King unless he predeceased the Queen. We have no say in the matter. It doesnt matter whether we like him or not. If The Queen believes she was anointed by God even if she is the last person on Earth to think that then surely so is Charles. I'm jot a Monarchist but surely the point of being a monarchist is that you believe in automatic right to rule by birth. If you think you should have any say in the matter whatsoever, then by definition, you are not a Monarchist, surely?

Reactions: 3
Get in my trolly !! M&S doing the honours.

1_connie-and-corgi.jpeg

She doesn't look ill. Doesn't look that much different really than when she was being seen a lot.
I genuinely don't think she's about to drop dead as a lot of people believe. I just don't think she looks Ill.
I think she got arthritis in her hips or something or had a fall that's left her mobility compromised.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I think TQ looked fabulous today. She was in her happy place. She would have most defintely have been a country girl if she hadn't have been Queen.

My favourite video of TQ is the one where she sees the cows.

watch

Reactions: 6
I liked the Fortnum and Mason cup/mug until I saw the jewel at the bottom - to me it looks a bit naff and has put me off it.
0AFE1123-A1F7-4228-94EE-E333A36865C0.jpeg

I like the Emma Bridgewater mug but where the lion and the flag go over the word ‘Glorious’ the O looks like a C and all I can read now is ‘Gloricus’
0F941A71-3C0B-472F-A1A4-02FBB6BCA6DC.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I liked the Fortnum and Mason cup/mug until I saw the jewel at the bottom - to me it looks a bit naff and has put me off it.
View attachment 1264413
I like the Emma Bridgewater mug but where the lion and the flag go over the word ‘Glorious’ the O looks like a C and all I can read now is ‘Gloricus’
View attachment 1264417
Emma Bridgewater do a red one too which is quite nice. Cath Kidston has just released a Jubilee range too. Although I do still like the F&M one

Reactions: 1
Andrew has pretty much got off scot free hasn't he. It's almost like he didn't involve himself in shady stuff. People just seem to have forgotten, and he's still going about brazenly like nothing happened. Can't stand the guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
[
View attachment 1264413
View attachment 1264417
Those mugs are expensive though, aren't they? Was watching a video on YouTube of this vlogger and she went into F&M and their mugs are like £30. Seems a bit OTT for a mug.

Reactions: 3
I am genuinely a bit confused by the pictures of the Queen today. It was lovely to see her looking well and enjoying herself but I can’t understand why she wasn’t doing the opening of Parliament if she is well enough to do this?

My understanding was that she didn’t want to abdicate because it was a job for life (I know the history but other monarchies have shown it can work and life has moved on since the 1930s). I also would have every sympathy for her wanting to enjoy a retirement. This just feels a bit odd. She still has the job but isn’t doing the work.

I am not a monarchist I will admit, so maybe that’s influenced my view. I just think if she wants to have a retirement (which I would say she has earned) then she should let her son have a turn. I do feel a bit let down.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.