The Royal Family #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rather like the Cath Kidston corgi design, either as a tea towel or cushion, and am looking for a heraldic mug to go with the rest of the collection. The collection started when someone gave me a Charles and Diana wedding mug and then I got given a Silver Jubilee one, and I've added to it from time to time, inheriting my Gran's QE coronation cup and saucer and picking up others, including an Edward VIII coronation mug 😁. Like others, I'm not so much a royalist as I am interested in the historical side of things.

Screenshot_20220511-222408_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 9
TOP TIP: If you're getting the fortnums China mug, then I STRONGLY recommend getting some of the loose leaf platinum jubilee tea to go in it. It's SO NICE. I've been drinking it this week

Reactions: 3
I know it’s Blind Gossip, but they’re more reliable than most. If the men in grey suits can cover up the details in the death of George V for years, they can be keeping a lid on this for sure. I do hope I have the right George. And I hope that whatever’s going on at the moment, she’s not suffering too much.
9E7E322D-75FE-409B-B4B7-CEACF4B7BCD6.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 5
George V was given a lethal dose of morphine and cocaine to hasten his death so it could be reported in the following morning's papers. He was already about to croak...

I don't really buy many blind gossip items. This is one that's obvious if you want to stir the pot: suggest HM is in dire straits.

Reactions: 1
I know it’s Blind Gossip, but they’re more reliable than most. If the men in grey suits can cover up the details in the death of George V for years, they can be keeping a lid on this for sure. I do hope I have the right George. And I hope that whatever’s going on at the moment, she’s not suffering too much.
View attachment 1260430
That's a bit ' people are worried really old person could die'

Reactions: 6
When you get to the Queen’s age you can die at any time. That’s just a fact. She could die in her sleep this afternoon. I’ve told this before, but my Grandad lived until he was just short of 100 and was still going to watch football matches and walking to the shop down the road to get his newspaper everyday up until about a fortnight before he died.

Reactions: 15
When you get to the Queen’s age you can die at any time. That’s just a fact. She could die in her sleep this afternoon. I’ve told this before, but my Grandad lived until he was just short of 100 and was still going to watch football matches and walking to the shop down the road to get his newspaper everyday up until about a fortnight before he died.
Absolutely. Death waits for no one. It will come when it comes. Everyone is hoping she is well enough for the Jubilee, but at this point, there's no guarantee what will happen in these next few weeks.

Reactions: 5
Two of my Grandparents had what I would call a great death. My Nana went up for an afternoon nap and never woke up and my Grandad had an evening at his social club,bought himself some chips on the way home then had a massive heart attack and died.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Damn- I love the mug. I might have a little mug problem though- too many and all carrying some memories. My in laws were so sweet to get me one for Diamond Jubilee. I think I need to order that one. Like most they are absolutely uninterested in the RF and just witch about them when something big is happening. Apart from that they are not really thinking about them and find them inoffensive enough not to push for a change, even though they wouldn’t shed a tear if they are actually to be made redundant.

Reactions: 1
I'll be watching it all on the TV probably with a glass of wine or two. There is a street party where I live but I'm not going.

I've bought myself the the Swatch How Majestic. I've always loved Swatch watches and had many over the years. She changes colour.

View attachment 1259481
Is it REALLY bad that as a proud Irish woman..... I REALLY WANT THIS!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Are we talking about the jubilee trifle here? 😆

Is anywhere like m&s or Waitrose making them to sell? I've no inclination to actually make one myself but fancy picking one up (if they can make it veggie!)

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.