The Royal Family #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are any of you envious of the Royal family?
They have amazing homes to live in. They are catered for hand and foot. Personal chefs. Best healthcare on demand. Good genetics.

Not gonna lie, I would say I am slightly envious, but then on the other hand you have to toe the line and be restricted most of the time, and do things and meet people you probably wouldn't otherwise.
Not me. It is a gilded cage, I have no doubt about that.

Reactions: 3
I think Princess Charlotte might find it hard as she grows into adulthood. Even now she is constantly compared to Diana. I think her looks, weight, clothing, who she is going out with will all be scrutinised.
Obviously they live very plush lifestyles and I would take that over worrying how ill afford to pay for heating or food anyday.
That's it isn't it. Not having to worry about general cost of living must be great.

Oh for sure. I wouldn't mind experiencing it though 😄

• Haha
The thing is, what you mentioned there is quite small fry Isn't it. Don't you think? When compared to the luxury lifestyle the royals live. I think so anyway. If I could live that luxury lifestyle, but the only issues for me to contend with were dodgy photos of me and maybe some disingenuous friends, I would be like 'sign me up' haha
I agree it's small fry, and evidently so do they, because hardly anyone ever leaves, despite the moaning and groaning. Only Harry has left voluntarily and look how that turned out! They are the ones who decided to add the frankly bizarre 'standing outside the hospital with a newborn baby being gawped at by strangers" element, when they could easily have said 'sorry, I'd like a bit of privacy after giving birth and the crowds of weirdos are causing issues for ambulances'. It's not traditional, and only happened for the last 2 generations. They do these things because no matter the downsides, they are desperate to cling on to the Monarchy and the lifestyle it affords them for as long as possible.

Reactions: 5
I agree. I'd rather just be a non famous rich person. There are loads of people who have much nicer lives than the royals. Not that they've a bad line but they must get jealous of the privacy of their equally rich friends from time to time.

Reactions: 4
Haha sounds good. How did you get invited to the royal box?
Yeah I wouldn't mind being a lesser royal, that sounds like an ideal type of royal to be to be fair.
It was in recognition of some work I do with retired racehorses - rehoming and retraining them. I didn't know it was going to happen, I was just whisked up there in a whirlwind, which made it even more other-wordly being transported into it. You even get your own private lift with a footman operating it, dressed in all the regalia. You get called "ma'am" instead of "madam" as well. I'm easily pleased :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I agree. I'd rather just be a non famous rich person. There are loads of people who have much nicer lives than the royals. Not that they've a bad line but they must get jealous of the privacy of their equally rich friends from time to time.
But their equally rich friends eventually have to pay for their own roof repairs on the stately home, or get a job based on their own merits or sell the family pile to the National Trust. As Harry has found out to his cost, having to pay your own heating bills ain't all its cracked up to be.

• Haha
I think royals such as Sarah Chatto and her family have it quite well. Not too much media presence and still are well off.

I think royals such as Sarah Chatto and her family have it quite well. Not too much media presence and still are well off.
But don't they do actual jobs? I don't know much about her or her husband to be honest. I thought her husband had a 'proper' job.

It was in recognition of some work I do with retired racehorses - rehoming and retraining them. I didn't know it was going to happen, I was just whisked up there in a whirlwind, which made it even more other-wordly being transported into it. You even get your own private lift with a footman operating it, dressed in all the regalia. You get called "ma'am" instead of "madam" as well. I'm easily pleased :ROFLMAO:
Haha that's great. Must have felt good to be treated like royalty 😄 do you think that is the kind of treatment the Queen gets? I can't see her getting much different treatment, right?

Reactions: 1
What about the Duke of Westminster?
Must be in the top 10 of World’s Most Eligible and have the society mama’s dribbling … godfather to Prince George so has the royal connection, seems an okay bloke and manages to live a very private private life.

But don't they do actual jobs? I don't know much about her or her husband to be honest. I thought her husband had a 'proper' job.
I thought he was an artist … she is as well, isn’t she?

Must be in the top 10 of World’s Most Eligible and have the society mama’s dribbling … godfather to Prince George so has the royal connection, seems an okay bloke and manages to live a very private private life.

I thought he was an artist … she is as well, isn’t she?
I don't know tbh. Do you know if they make money from their art?

That's what you want. The money and connections but that you can still walk down the street and no one knows who you are.

Reactions: 2
Oh yeah, the simple life is amazing and they don't have much to moan about really. Would you want to be a royal? I would imagine everyone deep down would probably like to.

That's not exactly difficult to do though, and that's very little compared to the life they would be afforded. Right?
I'd find it difficult but then I'm only human..... born to make mistakes......

But their equally rich friends eventually have to pay for their own roof repairs on the stately home, or get a job based on their own merits or sell the family pile to the National Trust. As Harry has found out to his cost, having to pay your own heating bills ain't all its cracked up to be.
I don't want to be an impoverished aristocrat!! I want to be rich enough to afford the upkeep on my mansion

• Haha
I agree it's small fry, and evidently so do they, because hardly anyone ever leaves, despite the moaning and groaning. Only Harry has left voluntarily and look how that turned out! They are the ones who decided to add the frankly bizarre 'standing outside the hospital with a newborn baby being gawped at by strangers" element, when they could easily have said 'sorry, I'd like a bit of privacy after giving birth and the crowds of weirdos are causing issues for ambulances'. It's not traditional, and only happened for the last 2 generations. They do these things because no matter the downsides, they are desperate to cling on to the Monarchy and the lifestyle it affords them for as long as possible.
I was watching a video the other day and on it Harry was always expected to leave the Royal Family but not as soon as he did. I've looked back in my history and I think it was this

Sorry for not remembering to tell you sooner if this is what you wanted to know. It was an interesting listen.

Love the work you do with the horses you deserved recognition.👏

No, he’s Duke of Sussex for ever.
even Louis, if the Duke of Yourk isn’t free when he gets married (usually when the titles are handed out) will have to stick a pin the map for somewhere else. He could be given an Earldom and upgraded to Duke when it’s available, similar to what’s supposed to happen to Edward.
Duke of Narnia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.