The Royal Family #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn't mind being a lesser royal. Still get invited to all the big events and pomp, but remain pretty much anonymous to the wider public. Nice country pile or a classy house in a nice part of London. Nannies, not having to scrimp on supermarket food, being able to follow whatever pursuit I wanted, regardless of the cost. Yeah I wouldn't mind it.

I had a very small taste of it at the end of last year, when my sister and I were invited into the Royal box at Cheltenham racecourse. There were no royals there on that day, Zara was there the day before, but the whole experience has tarnished my subsequent enjoyment of racing. I want the Royal box all the time now. I've hated it every time I've been to the races since, being stuck in the cold with the plebs and no champagne being handed to me by a butler 😂🥂 it was truly one of the best days of my life 😁
Haha sounds good. How did you get invited to the royal box?
Yeah I wouldn't mind being a lesser royal, that sounds like an ideal type of royal to be to be fair.

Reactions: 3
Are any of you envious of the Royal family?
They have amazing homes to live in. They are catered for hand and foot. Personal chefs. Best healthcare on demand. Good genetics.

Not gonna lie, I would say I am slightly envious, but then on the other hand you have to toe the line and be restricted most of the time, and do things and meet people you probably wouldn't otherwise.
And be dressed impeccably, control any facial grimaces/tics, do things with a smile that inwardly revolt you. Another downside is being torn to shreds for the slightest mistake e.g. makeup. I could go on........

Reactions: 2
Probably not. He's already Duke of Sussex, and they tend not to give people more than one.
Learn every day. I genuinely thought it was an automatic second son title.
I love this thread for learning new stuff.

Won’t Harry be duke of York next?
No, he’s Duke of Sussex for ever.
even Louis, if the Duke of Yourk isn’t free when he gets married (usually when the titles are handed out) will have to stick a pin the map for somewhere else. He could be given an Earldom and upgraded to Duke when it’s available, similar to what’s supposed to happen to Edward.

Reactions: 1
I wouldn't mind being a lesser royal. Still get invited to all the big events and pomp, but remain pretty much anonymous to the wider public. Nice country pile or a classy house in a nice part of London. Nannies, not having to scrimp on supermarket food, being able to follow whatever pursuit I wanted, regardless of the cost. Yeah I wouldn't mind it.

I had a very small taste of it at the end of last year, when my sister and I were invited into the Royal box at Cheltenham racecourse. There were no royals there on that day, Zara was there the day before, but the whole experience has tarnished my subsequent enjoyment of racing. I want the Royal box all the time now. I've hated it every time I've been to the races since, being stuck in the cold with the plebs and no champagne being handed to me by a butler 😂🥂 it was truly one of the best days of my life 😁
From what I've seen on documentaries the lesser royals can struggle to keep up with the dress code, etc as they don't get an allowance. The Queen will help them out, though.

Most of them are are named after an earlier Duke of York, to be fair (the one who also "had 10,000 men"), although I wouldn't be *that* surprised if some were named after Andy, especially if they opened more recently :ROFLMAO:
Aren’t most of them named for the Duke of York who became James II (and VII)?

Prince William "is like a lion" when it comes to protecting his three young children, according to Robert Jobson. The commentator claimed the Duke of Cambridge once confronted a photographer after spotting him around Sandringham whilst on a bike ride with Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis. Mr Jobson suggested Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge helped temper out the "odd man mood" taking over the Duke when it comes to protecting their children's privacy.

oh, William is a protective father. :rolleyes: :whistle: If harry did the same thing, he would be vilified by the press.

Reactions: 7

Prince William "is like a lion" when it comes to protecting his three young children, according to Robert Jobson. The commentator claimed the Duke of Cambridge once confronted a photographer after spotting him around Sandringham whilst on a bike ride with Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis. Mr Jobson suggested Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge helped temper out the "odd man mood" taking over the Duke when it comes to protecting their children's privacy.

oh, William is a protective father. :rolleyes: :whistle: If harry did the same thing, he would be vilified by the press.
Harry too busy going on Oprah to slag off his family to the whole world for no good reason. He deserves all the vilification he gets

Reactions: 13
Are any of you envious of the Royal family?
They have amazing homes to live in. They are catered for hand and foot. Personal chefs. Best healthcare on demand. Good genetics.

Not gonna lie, I would say I am slightly envious, but then on the other hand you have to toe the line and be restricted most of the time, and do things and meet people you probably wouldn't otherwise.
They have a fabulous, very easy life. But it does seem that the fewer 'real' problems you have, the more problems you have to find (See Harry, Charles etc). Most of The Queens children are divorced. If they really wanted to, they could live in separate palaces and have plenty of room. They have no money problems, don't have to do anything more than the bare minimum of work or childrearing. No arguments about who's unloading the dishwasher or who is or isn't pulling their weight with the housework or who is waking up at night with the kids, yet they still found things to make them unhappy.

Reactions: 8

To be fair, I don’t think either of them should be vilified for that.
William and Kate obviously have some sort of understanding with the press, similar to the one that was in place for William and Harry, in that official photos are released at intervals and they are left alone … which seems fair enough and if anyone tries to go against that then shout away at them.

Reactions: 6
They have a fabulous, very easy life. But it does seem that the fewer 'real' problems you have, the more problems you have to find (See Harry, Charles etc). Most of The Queens children are divorced. If they really wanted to, they could live in separate palaces and have plenty of room. They have no money problems, don't have to do anything more than the bare minimum of work or childrearing. No arguments about who's unloading the dishwasher or who is or isn't pulling their weight with the housework or who is waking up at night with the kids, yet they still found things to make them unhappy.
Oh yeah, the simple life is amazing and they don't have much to moan about really. Would you want to be a royal? I would imagine everyone deep down would probably like to.

And be dressed impeccably, control any facial grimaces/tics, do things with a smile that inwardly revolt you. Another downside is being torn to shreds for the slightest mistake e.g. makeup. I could go on........
That's not exactly difficult to do though, and that's very little compared to the life they would be afforded. Right?

Oh yeah, the simple life is amazing and they don't have much to moan about really. Would you want to be a royal? I would imagine everyone deep down would probably like to.

That's not exactly difficult to do though, and that's very little compared to the life they would be afforded. Right?
No, not for a gold clock … or even Queen Mary’s tiara.
wondering if people only like you because either they are paid to or they want something.
never really being off duty because rogue staff have a habit of writing memoirs.
every little thing being picked over by body language experts and palace insiders.
just not being ‘normal’ really … however much they try to spin it.
At least if I go out and have a dance floor ‘incident’ to Wake me up before you go-go the photos are only going to be on the Wall of Shame in the office.

• Haha

This is the same father who pimps his kids out to journalists to stay in their good books.....

• Wow
Reactions: 7
No, not for a gold clock … or even Queen Mary’s tiara.
wondering if people only like you because either they are paid to or they want something.
never really being off duty because rogue staff have a habit of writing memoirs.
every little thing being picked over by body language experts and palace insiders.
just not being ‘normal’ really … however much they try to spin it.
At least if I go out and have a dance floor ‘incident’ to Wake me up before you go-go the photos are only going to be on the Wall of Shame in the office.
The thing is, what you mentioned there is quite small fry Isn't it. Don't you think? When compared to the luxury lifestyle the royals live. I think so anyway. If I could live that luxury lifestyle, but the only issues for me to contend with were dodgy photos of me and maybe some disingenuous friends, I would be like 'sign me up' haha

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The thing is, what you mentioned there is quite small fry Isn't it. Don't you think? When compared to the luxury lifestyle the royals live. I think so anyway. If I could live that luxury lifestyle, but the only issues for me to contend with were dodgy photos of me and maybe some disingenuous friends, I would be like 'sign me up' haha
I think Princess Charlotte might find it hard as she grows into adulthood. Even now she is constantly compared to Diana. I think her looks, weight, clothing, who she is going out with will all be scrutinised.
Obviously they live very plush lifestyles and I would take that over worrying how ill afford to pay for heating or food anyday.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.