The Royal Family #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh for sure, there are a clutch of peerages that can also pass through the female line - mainly Scottish, I think - but the Mountbatten peerage also goes to the daughter … Lord Louis daughter was the 2nd Countess.

I don’t think they will do anything for the York Dukedom other than keep it for the second son of the monarch when it’s free. of the traditional ‘royal’ dukedoms, It looks like the Kent and Gloucester ones will be unavailable for at least another 2 generations so it makes things a bit limited.
The Mountbatten one was specifically changed to allow female inheritance and the 1st Earl had two daughters and no sons. I think it depends on how the title is set up in the first place though it can be recreated. There's a pressure group of daughters of peers set up to demand equal inheritance as many of them lose the family homes that go with the title when it disappears off to some distant cousin.

There's a few previous royal dukedoms not currently used, eg Albany, Clarence, Cumberland, Windsor(!), Ross, Connaught, Hereford, Kendal, Albemarle.

Reactions: 1

This is interesting...PM left here children a couple of mil each after Tax...but QEQM left them a trust fund, including millions to Harry and Wills. So much for Hazza pleading poverty.

Reactions: 4
I agree. I'd rather just be a non famous rich person. There are loads of people who have much nicer lives than the royals. Not that they've a bad line but they must get jealous of the privacy of their equally rich friends from time to time.
While she is still famous, I would rather have Pippa’s life than Kate’s.

Reactions: 8

it took some work, but she managed it.
Very interesting. In some ways I cannot blame her. She had access to all that wealth, so why not splurge. Most people would do the same in her position tbh.

Not a very nice blind that. Those daughters of Andrew have been through enough over the years with both parents.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
If you’re having a party for the Jubilee what date is the best one to do it on? A family member of mine wants to have a celebration and I’ve heard it’s either the Saturday or the Sunday but not sure which?

Not a very nice blind that. Those daughters of Andrew have been through enough over the years with both parents.
Probably Eugenie from what I have been reading over time about her husband.

Reactions: 4
If you’re having a party for the Jubilee what date is the best one to do it on? A family member of mine wants to have a celebration and I’ve heard it’s either the Saturday or the Sunday but not sure which?
The bank holiday Jubilee weekend starts on Thursday and ends on the Sunday, so if she's planning a massive piss up, I'd think either Friday or Saturday. For a genteel afternoon tea, any day would be fine!

Oh that’s sad if true. Whilst I think her parents are complete idiots, both girls have turned out really nice
Yes I get the feeling that they have had poor examples of relationships from their parents, so have both chosen well dodgy blokes to marry.

Reactions: 2
On another note, she looks skeletal in that picture it can't be healthy her being that slender and I'm surprised no one has said anything to her out of concern.

I think it is pretty clear she has an eating disorder of some kind. She has been skeletally thin for years unless she's pregnant. Then she looks healthy. Friends of mine have seen her in person and say it is shocking how thin she is - not naturally so, not healthily so. Skeletal is the word used.

I wonder if it has to do with William liking very thin women.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.