The Radford Family #26 Noel and Sue really are thick, they didn’t notice their dog has no dick

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just because you were stripped of basic human needs / interaction, does NOT make them autistic. its the bodys natural way of adapting to life without knowing any better because no one ever taught them.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I think Archie looks like a very disconnected depressed wee boy. its sad and disheartening to watch. I dont see any other of the kids act or presents themselves as he does. Heidie also looks very disconnected, which has been mentioned a few time.
Yes, I've just said pretty much the same about Heidie too.

I guess my point is, given their home environment, I wouldn't jump to autism straight away. I'm not saying they aren't potentially autistic, just that it could just be their home environment making them present in such a way. The lack of 1-1 attention, basic needs not being met, living with constant noise/chaos etc.

I think the Romanian orphanage example is a good one. Children in that environment definitely display lots of characteristics of autism, but they're not necessarily autistic. It's the environment which is making them present that way, rather than it being the way their brain is actually wired. Take them out of that environment and the can present quite differently, with the right nurture and care.

I've known a couple of 'chaotic' families who have been completely convinced that their youngest (funny how it's often the younger ones) is autistic, pushing for assessments and diagnosis, when in fact in school we see a child who presents completely differently in the classroom to how they do in their chaotic home. It's not unheard of.

Just because you were stripped of basic human needs / interaction, does NOT make them autistic. its the bodys natural way of adapting to life without knowing any better because no one ever taught them.
Which is the point being made I believe? Nobody is saying kids in a Romanian orphanage are all autistic, just that they may present as such due to their upbringing. Which is similar to the Radford children. they are so devoid of 1-1 attention, it's no wonder that so many of them present as having autistic traits. It doesn't definitely mean they are autistic though.

Yes, I've just said pretty much the same about Heidie too.

I guess my point is, given their home environment, I wouldn't jump to autism straight away. I'm not saying they aren't potentially autistic, just that it could just be their home environment making them present in such a way. The lack of 1-1 attention, basic needs not being met, living with constant noise/chaos etc.

I think the Romanian orphanage example is a good one. Children in that environment definitely display lots of characteristics of autism, but they're not necessarily autistic. It's the environment which is making them present that way, rather than it being the way their brain is actually wired. Take them out of that environment and the can present quite differently, with the right nurture and care.

I've known a couple of 'chaotic' families who have been completely convinced that their youngest (funny how it's often the younger ones) is autistic, pushing for assessments and diagnosis, when in fact in school we see a child who presents completely differently in the classroom to how they do in their chaotic home. It's not unheard of.
I know some of the boys is it Max and Oscar? Have ASD and was Casper being assessed? I see a lot of ASD in Casper

Reactions: 5
I know some of the boys is it Max and Oscar? Have ASD and was Casper being assessed? I see a lot of ASD in Casper
Max is the only one they've officially revealed has a diagnosis, but Oscar, Casper, Archie, Heidie and even Tillie I would say all give potential ASD vibes.

There can be a genetic link, but their environment most certainly won't be helping. If they are autistic, their chaotic lifestyle is making their life far more difficult than it need be. Children with autism need routine and order, calm quiet spaces and sensory stimulation, none of which are big in the Radford household.

If they're not actually autistic, their home environment will be a huge factor in why they present as potentially being so.

Reactions: 14
Max is the only one they've officially revealed has a diagnosis, but Oscar, Casper, Archie, Heidie and even Tillie I would say all give potential ASD vibes.

There can be a genetic link, but their environment most certainly won't be helping. If they are autistic, their chaotic lifestyle is making their life far more difficult than it need be. Children with autism need routine and order, calm quiet spaces and sensory stimulation, none of which are big in the Radford household.

If they're not actually autistic, their home environment will be a huge factor in why they present as potentially being so.
They are failing their children BIG time :(

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
That house is far to chaotic. I would hate it and now the other kids have to also put up with the grandkids aswell . Millie should be moved out at 19 I had a house to run a full time job and a new baby I cooked nice meals every single day . If she feels grown up enough to bring another baby into the world she should start standing on her own two feet and get her own house . Every single child in that house has been neglected and not had needs met . they Have been left to raise the new babies sue has . Sad really

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Which of the other younger girls need to be assessed abs what delays do you think they have - not just speech so autism
Or adhd or low ability/ dev delay?
Is it Phoebe? I think she has developemental delay or she’s just totally overshadowed by Hallie but during the mayhem of their homeschooling she appeared to be struggling with a simple workbook and was unable to hold her pencil correctly bless her- mine were taught that at Nursery....speechwise, several of the younger ones would benefit from Speech and Language therapy but who’s going to put the additional work in after sessions? Takes time and effort, something Sue and Nowull probably couldnt be arsed to give. I feel so sorry for the kids, not their fault, they didnt ask for this

• Sad
Reactions: 12
As I said yesterday her last 5-6 kids cant talk properly. theres needing speech therapy because they struggle then theres just neglecting your kids to the point they just never learned how to talk.

Which is the point being made I believe? Nobody is saying kids in a Romanian orphanage are all autistic, just that they may present as such due to their upbringing. Which is similar to the Radford children. they are so devoid of 1-1 attention, it's no wonder that so many of them present as having autistic traits. It doesn't definitely mean they are autistic though.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what I had meant. was just trying to say it in a way thats more harsh 🤣 obviously kids have autism, but I do think in this case its just pure neglect

The bar is extremely high locally for an EHCP, unless the kid has been excluded from multiple schools or 3+ years behind and making no progress, it's a battle to even get an ed psych assessment in most schools.
Yes, sadly it's the same picture up and down the country with cuts being made everywhere. And sadly, the need is currently greater than ever. We're seeing more and more children start Reception not toilet trained, unable to communicate basic needs, unable to feed themselves, still only drinking from bottles etc and half the time it's not even because of SEN, it's just shockingly bad parenting in the 21st century, where parents don't see such basic things as their own responsibility to teach 😥

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Yes, sadly it's the same picture up and down the country with cuts being made everywhere. And sadly, the need is currently greater than ever. We're seeing more and more children start Reception not toilet trained, unable to communicate basic needs, unable to feed themselves, still only drinking from bottles etc and half the time it's not even because of SEN, it's just shockingly bad parenting in the 21st century, where parents don't see such basic things as their own responsibility to teach 😥
Do you know how many kids I see on tiktok 3/4 years old with nappies down to their ankles and bottles stuck to their mouth claming they have asd and thats why. maybe get off tiktok and pay attention to your kid and youll find they dont.🤷🏽‍♀️

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
kids in Romanian orphanages displayed all the symptoms of autism, doesn't necessarily mean they have autism.
Its a different type of Autism, its called developmental autism, it also happens with children in america who are locked up and abused where there are some really interesting studies.

Possibly, although it doesn't appear to have benefited Heidie this far. Poor lamb is still pretty mute, at nearly 2. It's her lack of eye contact which concerns me though. For a child growing up in such a busy household, she seems so passive. Sue could be giving her so much 1-1 attention while the others are at school/nursery but she just spends all day shopping, chilling or doing laundry. Does she even know how to play with her children? She's always been so use to them entertaining each other, due to there being so many of them, yet Heidie has nobody to play with while the others are all out (unless Millie is there with Ophelia).

You never see Sue engaging in proper play or even conversation with her children. She's usually so busy with the camera she doesn't even give eye contact to her children when she utters the usual "what's the matter darling? Oh that's nice" generic responses to everything they say or do.
But even with mundane tasks you can still interact, even things as boring as washing, get the child to help put things in the machine and talk to them. When shopping rather than letting them run about and touch it all, spend time at their level talking about what they are seeing. Would be fab in a supermarket, show them fruit and veg Sue!

Last edited:
Do you know how many kids I see on tiktok 3/4 years old with nappies down to their ankles and bottles stuck to their mouth claming they have asd and thats why. maybe get off tiktok and pay attention to your kid and youll find they dont.🤷🏽‍♀️
What the hell are people doing putting their young children on TikTok?!

It's amazing how many parents self-diagnose autism as an excuse for poor parenting. Doing a total disservice to parents of children who genuinely do have autism.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
What the hell are people doing putting their young children on TikTok?!

It's amazing how many parents self-diagnose autism as an excuse for poor parenting. Doing a total disservice to parents of children who genuinely do have autism.
Yeah !! I mean they obviously dont have an account but the mums openly post them naked with nappies hanging down then complain there kid wont toilet train when leaving them in soiled nappies for hours isnt going to teach them anything. probs the same for radfords, her last 3 kids are still in nappies and I cant imagine Sue rushing to change them.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
This is something i've also noticed over the last few years. 😥

It used to be i've tried everything and nothing seems to help, do you think there's an underlying reason why my child is doing XYZ?

Now it's

I haven't even tried and there's no point in me doing anything, as I know my child has autism (or another self-diagnosis)

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
This is something i've also noticed over the last few years. 😥

It used to be i've tried everything and nothing seems to help, do you think there's an underlying reason why my child is doing XYZ?

Now it's

I haven't even tried and there's no point in me doing anything, as I know my child has autism (or another self-diagnosis)
Yup, you've hit the nail on the head. That's exactly what we're experiencing too.

Or, I've had several kids and really don't want any more but I definitely don't want to go to work, so I'm going to push for this one to be diagnosed with autism. I really have seen and heard it all.

• Wow
  • Heart
I dont even think that the younger kids need speech and language therapy, they just need some one to one time with an adult which can be done so easily in every day life.
Simple things, take 1 child out at a time for a walk with a dog (2 birds and all that) spend time talking about their surroundings, what they did at school or what they enjoy. Or 1 child to a supermarket, give them a list, talk about what you are buying maybe look at fuits and veg they might want to try (this is how we found out my 6 year old loves guacamole). Go and chill in costa with a babychino and again 1 child. Read, I mean actually read, its probably hard to do every night but aim for once and week, more if you can manage and take 1 child with their book. None of this needs to be done for the camera, just a heads up!

Sorry but I have said before that poor Archie does remind me of a child from a Romanian orphanage, which is probably more environmental than actual ASD.
The little girls do not strike me as bad but you can see they are lacking.

Now for the harsh bit and I am really not meaning anything personal towards the children at all but its hard to explain especially when in text.
In my opinion Sue has a low IQ, I am not sure if that is because her growth as a person was stunted or she always was.
It stands to reason that this is going to affect the children either way, if as I believe they could also genetically have a similar issue or if its from stunted development once the children get past a certain stage they cannot be stimulated by their parents.
And while Sue was 13 when she became pregnant, back in the 80's I dont think young mums were encouraged to finish education. And the rate that children learned back then is alot less than what they learn now, my year 6 child is learning stuff I didnt learn until well into secondary school and I am younger than Sue!

Reactions: 18

The diagnostic process has been an absolute mess for years. I'll just say that reducing waiting lists was more important than accurate diagnosis for one consultant, so children were being diagnosed when they shouldn't be. I do see traits, but if it was genetic, it would be across all ages, not just the neglected younger ones. I know that every child with autism is different, but in my experience, shopping trips with autistic kids in tow would have resulted in meltdowns and not a chance would I have had chance to get pointy finger out for the camera. I don't know a single ASD parent that would take their kids shopping, even toy shopping, for something to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
That house is far to chaotic. I would hate it and now the other kids have to also put up with the grandkids aswell . Millie should be moved out at 19 I had a house to run a full time job and a new baby I cooked nice meals every single day . If she feels grown up enough to bring another baby into the world she should start standing on her own two feet and get her own house . Every single child in that house has been neglected and not had needs met . they Have been left to raise the new babies sue has . Sad really
I had my baby at 20 and was moved out at 18 anyway, it’s not difficult to go on YouTube and learn to cook that way either even just basic stuff - if she really wanted to she would and let’s be honest she probably doesn’t 😂 but I do blame sue for not equipping her with these skills at the same time

Reactions: 10
Yup, you've hit the nail on the head. That's exactly what we're experiencing too.

Or, I've had several kids and really don't want any more but I definitely don't want to go to work, so I'm going to push for this one to be diagnosed with autism. I really have seen and heard it all.
it'll move onto a different diagnosis eventually. Yr 11 kids are claiming they have schizophrenia now

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.