The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there would be 10 days of mourning before her funeral?

Looking on Flight Radar there is a plane still on its way from RAF Northolt to Aberdeen so may be some of the royals still on their way.
Funeral would fall on the Sunday then. Maybe the Monday off 🤞🤞
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I remember Princess Diana's funeral was on a Saturday. Can't help but feel the Queen's may also be planned for a Saturday to avoid getting an emergency bank holiday sorted.

I know lots of people work on Saturdays, but it'll still be less disruptive.
It’s 10 days after so Sunday next week?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
If people cry, I suspect a lot of it is due to mourning change, but also because it can bring back memories of other people someone's lost - especially grandparents.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I think there would be 10 days of mourning before her funeral?

Looking on Flight Radar there is a plane still on its way from RAF Northolt to Aberdeen so may be some of the royals still on their way.
I hadn’t thought of that I’m mildly obsessed with flight radar 😅
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
bah humbug! Another day, another dollar as the saying goes. I doubt I am in her will, or I will inherit anything from her, so I refuse to cry crocodile tears.

Waiting for the usual comments calling me a heartless misogynist.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I honestly don’t know who is more cringe, the hardcore meghan haters or the people in tears acting like it’s a member of their own family who is about to kick the bucket.
Fair enough it’s a culturally significant moment but jfc some of the comments I have seen are shocking lmao
it’s a mix between both 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ It’s a very sad time but the comments are very amusing, lots of angry and crying face emojis 😂
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
A member of the public was able to get there from London, so you’d think all of her family would have been able to get there by now if they were in the UK.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I’m not a royalist by any means and the monarchy is questionable imo however this is a woman that has stood by her word and reigned her entire life. I respect her massively for that, I think her death is imminent if not already happened - I heard the BBC chimes too. I think 6pm sharp we’ll be told.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
A sky news reporter apparently tweeted she’s died and then deleted it. Oops
 
  • Wow
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I will be in mourning. I'm not going to hide or deny that, you can say it's "cringe" all you like. I'm not a raving royalist with all the plates/memorabilia but as I've said, I've got a lot of respect for her, at my age, I've never known any other king/queen so it's been a constant in my life, and she born the same year as my nan who we lost just over 5 years ago who she makes me think of. There's more to it than it just being "cringe" that people are upset that a 96 year old most of us won't have ever met dies 🤷🏻‍♀️

I hadn’t thought of that I’m mildly obsessed with flight radar 😅
Haha, I'm always on it and adsb exchange too which is a web browser version😅
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Can confirm the bbc have not cut to the studio for a while now. We have only seen the live coverage of balmoral gates, a reporter at Buckingham palace a few times and some of the queens engagements from earlier in the year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
Can confirm the bbc have not cut to the studio for a while now. We have only seen the live coverage of balmoral gates, a reporter at Buckingham palace a few times and some of the queens engagements from earlier in the year.
Is there any meaning behind this then?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Can confirm the bbc have not cut to the studio for a while now. We have only seen the live coverage of balmoral gates, a reporter at Buckingham palace a few times and some of the queens engagements from earlier in the year.
Apparently there’s whispering frequently too?

I wonder if they’re rehearsing/testing any screens and slides
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
I’m not a royalist by any means and the monarchy is questionable imo however this is a woman that has stood by her word and reigned her entire life. I respect her massively for that, I think her death is imminent if not already happened - I heard the BBC chimes too. I think 6pm sharp we’ll be told.
She got the best treatment and food available all her life. Well done for not dieing.
 
  • Like
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.