The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know. In particular, laws passed in the eighteenth century were like a kind of apartheid against Catholics. They've all been rescinded now, though, and most Ulster Protestants want to be part of the United Kingdom still.
It’s a shared province don’t forget.

It goes back a lot further than the 1960s! Which is why they sought independence from the British in 1921. The problems between the monarchy and Irish go back a few hundred years.

That said I am in NI, and haven’t met anyone yet who is anything but respectful about the Queen dying, even if they aren’t a royalist.
Even the republican first minister designate.

Reactions: 3
Just a simple thread suggestion echoing King Charles speech ,
#2 Queen Elizabeth 11. Thank You Ma’am RIP

Reactions: 9
I know. In particular, laws passed in the eighteenth century were like a kind of apartheid against Catholics. They've all been rescinded now, though, and most Ulster Protestants want to be part of the United Kingdom still.
I am an Ulster Protestant 🤣 I don’t need it mansplained to me!

Well I’m from Northern Ireland, actually from a predominantly Catholic/Nationalist part of NI and I can safely say that’s nonsense. I’ve not seen a single person celebrate her death. I’d like to see Irish Independence but that doesn’t mean I hate the Queen.
A boy I teach did say today his area of Belfast had fireworks last night, sadly. He was appalled, so it is just the jackass minority as always.

Reactions: 3
I really hope now the Daily Mail will address Catherine correctly now.
No more Kate Middleton, they have got away with that for years.
Highly disrespectful.

Reactions: 14
I am an Ulster Protestant 🤣 I don’t need it mansplained to me!

A boy I teach did say today his area of Belfast had fireworks last night, sadly. He was appalled, so it is just the jackass minority as always.
Just like I’m sure some people in NI would celebrate the death of any Irish figure. I’d imagine these fireworks were more to do with antagonising their neighbours than anything personal against the actual Queen. We all know how it works here by now 🙈

Reactions: 4
Looks like there is a documentary on in an hour and the interview with the Duke of Wessex makes it look like it was filmed since her death as his eyes are very red? Seems very intrusive if that is the case! I know they are the royal family, and therefore deemed to be available for duty in that sense, but let them have some privacy to grieve

Reactions: 2
Just on the fireworks, I live in Dublin and they’re going off here the last few weeks. It’s coming to Halloween and they are always going off here way before Halloween.
So could have been the same up north 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I really hope now the Daily Mail will address Catherine correctly now.
No more Kate Middleton, they have got away with that for years.
Highly disrespectful.
Seems unlikely. There's an article on there currently with the headline:

Kate Middleton becomes the first Princess of Wales since Diana

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Well I’m from Northern Ireland, actually from a predominantly Catholic/Nationalist part of NI and I can safely say that’s nonsense. I’ve not seen a single person celebrate her death. I’d like to see Irish Independence but that doesn’t mean I hate the Queen.
You should have a look on tiktok especially republican tiktok as it is highlighted on that particular platform, the hatred and bitterness is disgusting, the celebrations are visible. I know not everyone is like that, including yourself but it's happened.

I have been watching this since I own the video. However it is on YouTube. It is delightful. “The Queen at 90”. Home movies presented by The Queen’s children and grandchildren. This was made in 2016.

Reactions: 1
The King 🤮 makes me feel sick he’s our King, tampon head, I just watched the video of her and Paddington bless her 😢

I saw a tweet saying Northern Ireland were lighting fireworks, my oh family members from Belfast are coming to stay in a couple weeks I’ll be interested to see what they say about it
What do people mean by referring to him as tampon ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.