Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tallieban

The whole country will be in mourning soon.
She’s been a complete boss Queen, her commitment to the job has been unwavering.

I will be upset, she’s like a granny that I’ve just never met, haha.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77

Good Egg

VIP Member
Nicolas Witchell off the BBC said we should prepare ourselves for the worst and we should be deeply concerned.

The fact this has been allowed to be televised. The fact major Royals are making their way to Balmoral (the two heirs to the throne) and other close family members doesn’t sound good.

My heart goes out to her and I pray she makes a recovery. Regardless of what you think of the monarchy she has been a longstanding figure in all our lives. A constant.
So very concerned and sad to hear this news this lunchtime.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71

Blueballs

My cat spoke with another cat who's owner has an aunt at babestation TV and there's an announcement at 6:15 on sky news to announce the arrival of another announcement at 7

• Haha
Reactions: 69

notfake

Chatty Member
It’s just so strange how she appeared okay 2 days ago. Mind you at 96 I suppose it can happen
My great nan had some M&S sandwiches for dinner, a couple of chocolates then had a snooze in her armchair and never woke up. She was 92. Sometimes your body simply becomes too tired. I think thinks the case here. She lost her love last year and I think it became too hard without him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65

chapterthree

I’d normally be buzzing if so But I’m on maternity, not very thoughtful of her to wait 🤣
Whatever your opinions of the Queen, have some damn respect.

This attitude repulses me. At the end of the day, that is someone’s family member. A mother, Nan and great Nan. Shame on you.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

Ensay

VIP Member
If people cry, I suspect a lot of it is due to mourning change, but also because it can bring back memories of other people someone's lost - especially grandparents.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

becca7721

VIP Member
A card was sent to my grandparents on the anniversary of their marriage, I needed to apply for it and did so. I didn’t really expect it to be done. My grandfather died within days of getting it (he had terminal cancer) and he was so pleased at the lovely message that was put inside, my grandmother treasures it and is a similar age to the queen. I sent the queen a thank you letter and jubilee card and got a reply which I didn’t expect and was grateful for.

Yes I know it wasn’t done by her personally but it meant a lot. Her card to my grandparents really made my grandfathers last days so memorable for him, gave everyone something to concentrate on other than his suffering.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Ensay

VIP Member
Strange to see people online celebrating the Queen's death.

Don't get me wrong; I don't expect everyone to be sad or even care, but celebrating the death of an elderly woman is just fucked up.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
I always feels weirdly triggered when I see footage on tv from 2011-12 - it feels like such a different time when everything felt so happy and light, the royal wedding, the 2012 Olympics etc it felt like such a joyous time and just so different to how life has felt recently

it’s okay to feel unsure and anxious when we are going through so many changes and uncertainty, I try to remain hopeful that better and happier days are coming ❤ I hope everyone is okay x

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Merpedy

VIP Member
I think there’s a good chance she has already passed away and they’re getting the family there so they can say she died surrounded by them

It’s not unusual to twist this sort of stuff a bit

• Sad
Reactions: 50

Lilu22

VIP Member
What a strange moment of time and I don’t know how to feel. I think ever since the death of Philip, it knocked her more than she let on. If it has happened, I’m glad she got to celebrate her 70 years and saw how loved she is

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Squashedbanana

VIP Member
Wow, this help puts in to perspective just how long her reign was. The first and last prime minister appointed under her reign were born 101 years apart
A3142921-65C1-45F8-95CD-6FC36FCD7A4D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

kettlecrisp32

I didn’t expect to feel so sad about this, to be honest. My mum died very suddenly last month, aged just 68, and I think it’s the thought that she would’ve phoned me as soon as the news broke, and would’ve been really sad about the queen dying 😢💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

Doc

VIP Member
My great nan had some M&S sandwiches for dinner, a couple of chocolates then had a snooze in her armchair and never woke up. She was 92. Sometimes your body simply becomes too tired. I think thinks the case here. She lost her love last year and I think it became too hard without him.
Same as my grandfather. Had his breakfast, sat in his favourite chair and nodded off forever.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45