The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's done very well to get to her age, I hope she's comfortable but I'm not sure a recovery is a feasible expectation, she's clearly on the decline and has outlived so many people. I wish her comfort and love in her last moments and will be sad to see the end of an era. I think they are telling us now so it's not a surprise.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I think there’s a good chance she has already passed away and they’re getting the family there so they can say she died surrounded by them

It’s not unusual to twist this sort of stuff a bit

• Sad
Reactions: 50
The whole country will be in mourning soon.
She’s been a complete boss Queen, her commitment to the job has been unwavering.

I will be upset, she’s like a granny that I’ve just never met, haha.
Exactly this, that’s how I feel about her and I’m sure many do, the nations grandma ❤

I have always admired her, she’s an incredible woman.

Reactions: 16
I think there’s a good chance she has already passed away and they’re getting the family there so they can say she died surrounded by them

I absolutely think this is true. I think media already know she’s passed.

• Sad
Reactions: 27

I think you might just be right

Reactions: 12
I absolutely think this is true. I think media already know she’s passed.
Yes I think this is a real possibility. BBC had a bit of a pause at 2PM which seemed like they were preparing to announce it then

Presumably they’re waiting for Harry and Meghan to get there now?

Reactions: 7
I’m pretty much a republican and the news is still making me sad.

Also from a selfish point of view, I work in financial services so googling what will happen to the London stock exchange 😬

Reactions: 4
It does seem like this is the end. Can't say I'm a royalist, but I appreciate the dedication she's put into her role over the decades.

Reactions: 24
Yes I think this is a real possibility. BBC had a bit of a pause at 2PM which seemed like they were preparing to announce it then

Presumably they’re waiting for Harry and Meghan to get there now?
BBC 2 radio went a bit weird around that time too

Reactions: 9
It does seem like this is the end. Can't say I'm a royalist, but I appreciate the dedication she's put into her role over the decades.
Same here, and just how much of a constant HMTQ has been. She was Queen when I was born, Queen even when my parents were both born, coronated around my grandmother getting married.
She is incredible, God Save the Queen.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Other than it supporting the ‘comfortable ending’ narrative, why would they wait to announce the news? And if the media does know, isn’t that a bit risky it getting out sooner?

Reactions: 4
Is it true that there are protocols that would mean her death can’t be announced during working hours?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.