The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The news is full of the Queen’s health and Charles and William have travelled. Prince Philip regularly had ill health until his death. I was hoping she’d last to over 100.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I think the press are drip feeding us updates so it's less of a surprise when TQ does go.

Reactions: 23
I’m surprised that they’ve announced she is unwell, do any clever people know why they might have done this?

Reactions: 5
I just googled which other family members were there to try and gauge how serious it is & all of her children are either there or on the way.

I felt reassured when we saw an image of her with the new PM but it’s seems to have rapidly changed? I had never considered myself as much of a royalist but I do love the queen ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m surprised that they’ve announced she is unwell, do any clever people know why they might have done this?
yes same, I thought we’d never know about anything until there was an announcement. Obviously there are updates if she misses and engagement but yeah surprised to hear this.

Reactions: 3
to balmoral!? I just said to my husband I thought they wouldn’t be allowed, but he thought they would be if it was serious
I think it would look very bad if they were inviting all the family but them. Also probably hurtful for Harry

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The photo of her with the new PM, she had her glint in her eye that we’ve seen over the years. I do hope she is comfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Nicolas Witchell off the BBC said we should prepare ourselves for the worst and we should be deeply concerned.

The fact this has been allowed to be televised. The fact major Royals are making their way to Balmoral (the two heirs to the throne) and other close family members doesn’t sound good.

My heart goes out to her and I pray she makes a recovery. Regardless of what you think of the monarchy she has been a longstanding figure in all our lives. A constant.
So very concerned and sad to hear this news this lunchtime.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
All the newsreaders on bbc are dressed in black I heard that they do this when. They know the end is near in preparation if she passes whilst they are on air 😢😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
The whole country will be in mourning soon.
She’s been a complete boss Queen, her commitment to the job has been unwavering.

I will be upset, she’s like a granny that I’ve just never met, haha.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77
All the newsreaders on bbc are dressed in black I heard that they do this when. They know the end is near in preparation if she passes whilst they are on air 😢😢
I didn’t even notice that! Aww this is so sad. I’m surprised ITV aren’t running the news at the moment

• Sad
Reactions: 5
This is very sad news. The statement from Buckingham Palace and the fact everyone is there or going to see her can only mean one thing really.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Watching the news come in and feel devastated to be honest. I've always had a soft spot for the Queen. They dont scramble your whole family together if it's not serious. Bless her heart

• Sad
Reactions: 32
It’s going to be a bit tit if they’ve cancelled all the scheduling just for nothing to be announced 😬

Reactions: 2
For most people, they will only ever have known the Queen. My dad vaguely remembered her dad’s passing as he was 9 at the time.

Reactions: 17
I did notice how bruised her poor hands were in the photo of her with the new PM.
She's being an absolute Queen in every sense of the word and the nation will be heartbroken when she's no longer here

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.