The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently there’s whispering frequently too?

I wonder if they’re rehearsing/testing any screens and slides
I’ve heard whispering a few times watching the BBC News coverage, thought I was going mad the first time I heard it
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Preparing the studio and presenters to be suitably respectful, I’d imagine. There’s a whole, well-planned process in place for when the Queen sadly passes away and a whole heap of people who have to be informed before the general public. Part of the process is also ‘preparing’ the public for the announcement - they would never just announce that the Queen had passed away as a newsflash without any kind of preparation, but there would be some kind of build-up to an announcement, with deepening levels of concern, which I suspect is part of what we’re seeing now,
Thankyou for explaining!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
The plane carrying 7 members of the family is about to land. I don’t want to leave the sofa with the news on 😬 such a strange feeling to just be waiting for something to be announced.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 16
It’s operation London Bridge that is announced isn’t it?
The cabinet and Prime Minister find out first (following family of course) and all TV channels go to the news with an official statement made.
Very sad and another huge moment in history.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
A card was sent to my grandparents on the anniversary of their marriage, I needed to apply for it and did so. I didn’t really expect it to be done. My grandfather died within days of getting it (he had terminal cancer) and he was so pleased at the lovely message that was put inside, my grandmother treasures it and is a similar age to the queen. I sent the queen a thank you letter and jubilee card and got a reply which I didn’t expect and was grateful for.

Yes I know it wasn’t done by her personally but it meant a lot. Her card to my grandparents really made my grandfathers last days so memorable for him, gave everyone something to concentrate on other than his suffering.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 58
It’s operation London Bridge that is announced isn’t it?
The cabinet and Prime Minister find out first (following family of course) and all TV channels go to the news with an official statement made.
Very sad and another huge moment in history.
Operation Unicorn because she’s in Scotland. Scottish parliament will suspend business, her body could be taken to Holyrood and then carried to the cathedral along the royal mile before she’s taken back to London on a train I think?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11
Operation Unicorn because she’s in Scotland. Scottish parliament will suspend business, her body could be taken to Holyrood and then carried to the cathedral along the royal mile before she’s taken back to London on a train I think?
I think you're right.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
It'll be telling if we do see them disembark if they're all dressed in black. After her father died, it became a thing they all travel with some black clothes in case of situations like this

I assume this would have been pre recorded before the death? Bit grim to have your parent die and then have to speak to the nation
I think I remember reading he'd prerecorded something a couple of years back
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I’m just hanging here in case I need assistance. William, Edward and Sophie arrived at Aberdeen airport and I started to cry. Oh it’s grim 🥺
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
A card was sent to my grandparents on the anniversary of their marriage, I needed to apply for it and did so. I didn’t really expect it to be done. My grandfather died within days of getting it (he had terminal cancer) and he was so pleased at the lovely message that was put inside, my grandmother treasures it and is a similar age to the queen. I sent the queen a thank you letter and jubilee card and got a reply which I didn’t expect and was grateful for.

Yes I know it wasn’t done by her personally but it meant a lot. Her card to my grandparents really made my grandfathers last days so memorable for him, gave everyone something to concentrate on other than his suffering.
I’m so sorry to read about your grandfather. My gran was 100 in June and also got one, it really brightened her day as well.

Because they are similar ages and the Queen has been around all of my life I feel very sad at the news today as my gran has just came out of hospital again after her second fall in a week, and it’s a real shame seeing them both getting older and not doing well health wise.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
This is just too sad 😢 I can’t imagine our country without the queen the at helm. Thank you for all you’ve done for our country Your Majesty ❤
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This is very, very sad. I love the Queen, I have a lot of respect for her.

Just gone live to the BBC News room.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.